Ended
Watch

Fletching

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The Circle of Creation.

Westminster's shell, the Arrow's sanctuary. A resplendent monument of stone, beautiful even as an artifact of the Lie in the days softly fading light. Twin doors constructed from massive timbers sat at its entrance, the right portal cracked to emit a faint breeze and the sound of an electric bass which echoed out from within, the acoustics of the Cathedral carrying the rolling thrum along like a trail of smoke before it dissipated into the open air.

Inside, the cathedral was empty. That is, all except for a woman who was perched negligently atop a pew in the midst of the others. The body of her bass, whose tones even now reverberated through the air, rested on olive drab cargo pants, and a tank top revealed the subtle play of muscles beneath her scarred skin as she played. Her head was bent down, lank black hair falling over her features in a shroud, and it was only when Fisher spoke that the bassist raised her head and ceased playing, regarding the new talon with flat eyes the color of swamp water.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

"Damn, talk about opulence," Fisher whistled to herself as she exited her old pickup. She grabbed a large internal frame pack that a hiker would use and slammed her vehicle door. Making her way to the open front door she did her best not to gawk at the exterior of the structure and followed the sound of the bass.

She was dressed in her usual outfit which included her buckskin jacket, linen shirt, worn jeans, and hiking boots. She had spent the night camped out in an out of the way location and cleaned up at a truck-stop shower making sure to arrive a little early. With her pack on her shoulders and after mentally preparing herself she made her way up the front steps before entering the open front door. Once inside Fisher took a moment to glance around and orientate herself before she spotted Avis. The other woman had to have been the most dull and blank looking woman she had ever seen, but she did work out. The Thyrsus slowly approached and let the woman play for a bit before speaking.

"Evening, my name's Fisher and I'm supposed to be meeting someone here," she said in a friendly tone of greeting.

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

(Matter Shield (Pot 2, 24Hr))Mana 0 Spent
    PRE

It was a warm day, yet Wayland still sat across the road from the Circle with a coffee in hand. It was something about the warmth, like it helped hold back the cold he'd been feeling lately. Meh, problems for another day. There was someone new coming to the Circle today, and he was keeping lookout. He wasn't beening very subtle about it, just sitting on the ground with is back against a wall, in a spot with a clear view of the front and one side of the building.

With the arrival of the pickup, his senses turned sharper as he watched the woman exit the reliable old vehicle and look at the building. Glancing around, he searched for anyone else who might be watching. Assumptions were a killer and he'd had enough of those lately, so he kept his eyes peeled for anything out of place.

The woman slung her pack and started heading up towards the cathedral. Yo, that'd be the one i guess. Time to head on in. He quickly head across the road and up the front stairs and entered the building to see the woman addressing Avis. "She'd be the one to speak to for sure yo." Turning his attention to Avis, "She's here alone, best I can figure."

2 successes to Matter Shield, cast before arrival
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-27 23:36:17 Wayland rolls 6 to casts Matter Shield (Gno+Matter+HS) -2(24Hr) (10 Again) 8, 7, 1, 10, 5, 3, 3 2 successes

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The woman laid her bass down on the pew, freeing her hands, and then slid to her feet.

"Thanks," she said to the man, offering a brief nod before looking back to the newly arrived Talon.

"Welcome to Sacramento, Fisher. I'm Avis, the First Talon. This is Wayland, previously the only Talon. The Ungula Draconis hasn't been what I'd call...popular, here. Which, in some ways, hasn't been a bad. Our enemies seem to be fond of killing each other before we even meet them. Still," she added, giving a wry sniff, "that's not something we should count on. So--you here to stay, or just passing through?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Fisher

Eidetic Memory

PRE

When the man came in behind her while she was talking, Fisher turned her body and stepped back a bit to allow her to see both people at once. She nodded in greeting at the new arrival when it looked like he belonged here.

"Thanks," she said when he confirmed she was in the right place with the right person.

The Thyrsus looked a little surprised at the fact that she was looking at the entirety of the city's Arrows, but she recovered quickly and gave a slight smile at the plain woman's remark about their tactical luck.

"Well no complaints from me if they wanna self-destruct, but no harm in giving them a helping hand in that either. Nice to meet you," she paused for a moment before continuing. "How do you prefer to be addressed, by title, ma'am, boss? Oh, and I'd planned on sticking around if that isn't a problem."

6. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Avis is fine," the Warlock replied with a lukewarm shrug.

Then pursed her lips briefly, considering.

"That is, unless it's during a Consilium meeting. Then it's Councilor Avis. Just to...acknowledge emeritus."

Oddly, for a member of the Ungula Draconis, the last word fell off the Warlock's tongue like a lead weight.

"Otherwise, sure, we'll be glad to have you. Just make sure you speak with a Herald so you can be recognized. You can stay here, in the meantime. Though...is it the West Dormitories that has the plumbing issue?"
    she inquired, turning to Wayland.

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Sitting down on one of the pews allowing some distance away from the other two, seeing as the new comer was here to see Avis after all, he put his feet up other the back of the pew in front of him and tried to look relaxed. If it wasn't for the dried and crusted food stuff on the pew beside him (dried yoghurt by the look of it, and i mean seriously, who feeds their kids yoghurt in church!) he might have pulled it off, but the obvious visual blemish to the Circle taunted him so he pulled out a small rag from his pocket and started to clean the stain from the seat.

Hearign mention of the West Dorms, he visibly winced. Looking up from the stain to the two women he replied, "Yeah its that one for sure yo, but its only in the one bathroom, so I can like, show Fisher which one to avoid for now." The bathroom was on his to-do list, but it had been a low priority first up. The thing with plumbing problems though, was they like to remind you that they're there by getting worse if you dont fix them.

Time to fix that shit. Literally yo!

Fisher

Eidetic Memory

PRE

The young woman nodded in acknowledgement as Avis informed of her mode of address. Fisher was pleasantly surprised at the relaxed nature of the other two members of her order and hoped that was a good sign that they all would be able to get along and work together as a team.

"I'll remember that," she said pleasantly. "I already had a word with the Herald and got some contact information for some key figures and cabal heads. She also gave me a warning to steer clear of the university for the time being. She seems rather efficient."

Fisher couldn't help but smile at the news regarding the plumbing.

I guess there aren't a lot of awakened plumbers, she thought with mild amusement.

"At least that means some of the plumbing works and it looks like I won't have to to wait in line for water. Nice. Hot water sure beats bathing in the river."

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Ok, great," Avis replied, though she was clearly distracted watching Wayland scrub the yogurt away. Maybe they would have to stop eating in here...though there was no one where else like it in the city for a conversation, and nothing was better for a conversation then food.

Oh well. At least they had another pair of hands, now.

"You don't need to pay rent, but you will need to pitch in. Glorious as the building is, it demands a lot of attention. Otherwise, you have the run of the place. Training hall, firing range, basement, anywhere. Just make sure you let Wayland and I know if you bring anyone here, and don't bring anyone that's not a citizen of the Consilium. So, if you're ok with that, why don't you tell us about yourself. Then we'll do the same."

Just to clarify, the Circle is not a Church. Only the Arrow use it.

Fisher

Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher found her attention drifting to Wayland and what he was doing as Avis' attention wavered and she frowned in consideration of the other woman's words.

"Sounds reasonable," she began with an up beat tone. "I guess it is a good thing I don't need to be an enchanter to figure out what most of my immediate free time will be spent doing, because I'm not. Being by myself also means less awkward moments if I forget to put something on," she finished with a wry smile. "But seriously, I'm pretty good with my hands and I'm a quick learner so I'll be happy to buckle down and get my hands dirty."

The thyrsus removed her pack and set it down at her feet as she sat down in a nearby pew facing the other two arrows.

"Well I come from Haida Gwaii, which is an island off the western coast of British Columbia near Alaska, and before that the Seattle area. I spent most of my youth in the wilderness learning to survive and living a simpler lifestyle. I also learned the stories and traditions of My People, and other First Nation cultures. I'm an artist, a painter and wood carver, who focuses on traditional and nature art. I found that it helps me express and process what I'm thinking and feeling about certain realizations or supernal concepts. It also helps with manual dexterity."

Fisher leaned back and draped an arm over the back of the pew she was sitting on and tucked a leg up to get a better view of her new comrades as she continued.

"I learned some knife fighting and learned more first aid after my awakening. However, I still have some more to learn so I can expand and vary my fighting kit. I'm a disciple of life, apprentice of spirit, and initiate of prime. As a Shaman I've studied under a shaman of my people and met with others like me as well as other arrows at frequent large gatherings, but most of my experience is...rural, you could say. I came here to expand my knowledge of awakened society, learn from and later teach others, and do some good through service to my awakened community." Fisher paused for a moment in thought before continuing with another smile, "You could say I'm on a quest to better myself and help others. Kind of Kung Fu with bowie knives, spirits, and staying in one place I guess."

13. Likes West, Cayce liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread