Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Death or Freedom

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Miach

(WP to Social Attack)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Emrys suggestion to postcog the conversation seemed excellent to Miach, and the mystagogue was eagerly nodding with small "Yes. That. Right." in the mix. Before the mystagogue could further support that sound motion though, Star called him out on Animus's Death. Again.

His nerves already wracked in by his talk with Avis, the Acanthus didn't mince words, even though his voice wasn't as assured as he'd have liked when he answered. Whether it was that the Guardian's words were having an effet, or that the night was harsh on him, it still remained that he wasn't so composed anymore. "That ? Again ? Rembember last time ? Yo-you were the one who didn't answer the question, ah ! And now you're calling m-me a Liar ?

Y-You haven't even listened to a single argument I made then. O-or now. You're just passing judgement on me based o-on hearsay, and your ties to her. Talk about the T-Truth ! Have you even heard Avis's saying that 'Imprisonment is worse than death' ? What does it say to you all, then ? That I shouldn't have lived through the Banisher's, eh ? That we should commit suicide ?"
    he pleaded at large, his voice nearly broken as he spilled it all. Weren't they all trapped in the Lie ?

Could they See the ramifications of caring so little about that infinitely precious spark that was Life that you'd throw it away the second you're facing a hardship ?

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-15 17:38:22 Miach rolls 9 to Pres 3 + Pers 1 + Consilium Status 1 + SL 1 (10 Again, WillPower) 3, 5, 7, 4, 2, 8, 8, 4, 6 2 successes

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post

Emrys

(Social Attack)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Intent: To convince everyone to put Miach under observation to confirm if he's dangerous or not.

Straight out swinging.

Emrys's eyes wandered over to Crowley and then Truce. It seemed to be coming down to the fear of death or the fear of imprisonment, but it was the history of the individuals that sparked the heat everyone was summoned to. Avis had her history of substance abuse and probable legal troubles that sparked her avoidance of restraints and prisons, while Miach's mention of Banishers implied his reasons for his stance on the issue. Neither were perfect, but neither were unjustified either.

"I'm not really sure what we're supposed to do just us." Emrys said, looking to Avis and Star first for their clear mistrust of Miach. "All ganging up on him is going to do is shut him down emotionally and distance him from any possibility of Seeing the Truth."

It was talked about in storage, no shotguns here, at least that Emrys brought.

"Why not just let Truce take some time with him. He's been studying clinical psychology and is starting a clinic, practice that will clearly help with what I'm assuming has been post-traumatic stress. Let's see if we can help him see the Truth and understand the interplay of Life and Death before breaking out the torches and pitchforks."

He doubted his words would reach some of the group, but he wasn't lighting the pyre under one of his own with circumstantial evidence and accusations.

2 suxx to persuade before Guile
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-15 20:31:01 Emrys rolls 10 to Social Kombat! (Manip+Pers+Status) (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 10, 5, 5, 6, 7, 3, 1, 4, 8, 4 2 successes

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Declaring Intent (Late): 'I want to determine the validity of Avis's accusation and reach a fair resolution.'

Truce folds his hands behind him as he listens to the heated exchange. It surprises him to hear Star's despairing criticism of Miach's character, and while there may be bias, it's something he cannot ignore. Though Star is odd, he is certainly reasonable.

The only voice to come to the Curator's aid is still devoid of any authentic concern for Miach's position. If anything, Emrys's suggestion is in favor of due process and fairness more than from a personal connection to the man. So few allies despite his long-standing membership within the Consilium...

And yet Truce remains silent, still hesitant to add his voice to the exchange as he considers what action he should make.

5. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"It's too late to coddle him," Avis countered Emrys, her words fueled by her belief that what she said was true, even if her tact was lacking.

"Don't you see? This is the Leader of the Mysterium, a sacred Order of the Pentacle, and yet he doesn't even understand that Freedom is what the Awakened nation stands for, and fights for. The struggle against the Will of the Exarch's, the struggle against the Cage that we are all in, that is something that all of us have to be prepared to die for. To accept imprisonment is to accept not just a loss of self, but a betrayal, and a perversion, and that harms the very Supernal itself!

"So think of that, Miach! If you want sins, then cowardice and acquiescence are the gravest among them. As long as you never abandon the struggle against imprisonment, life and death have purpose. But, to sacrifice just for the sake of life? That's a betrayal to everything that the Awakened Nation stands for. And, if you're willing to consider that betrayal, then what betrayal won't you consider?"

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-18 02:46:41 Avis rolls 4 to Persuade those Motherf***ers (manip2-1untrained+WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 8, 5, 5, 9 3 successes
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

7. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley intends to Take the Measure of the unfolding situation

Crowley hung back, his head swivelling back and forth. He actually winced as the more vicious and bitter recriminations tumbled out.
    Casitive

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Are you going to cry?"

The Angel moved closer to the blond Adonis, cool blue eyes raising up into green ones.

"If I call for the Interfector, will you beg? Offer us anything to live? Open the doors to the Mysterium? Chip off pieces of your Soul for each of us to keep as baubles?"
    The words were soft, analytical. The verbal equivalent of pulling the wings off of an insect. "Just to let you live? I bet you would."

The Angel turned and looked at Emrys.

"That would be fine. Great. If we were talking about some rando, maybe some butt-nekkid dude in a park with no memories but this is the real world. And she,"
    a glove pointed at Avis, "Is right. My relationship with her, the fact that I am in a cabal with her, does not change the fact that we are talking about the Curator of the Mysterium of Sacramento."

The finger moved to Emrys.

"And what happens when he trades those Abyssal Radio Notes for another breath of Fallen air?"

That's right. The notes Emrys gave him. That Truce agreed with. We're all connected, yo. It's Supernal Weakest Link.

"That's not sour grapes or flogging dead donkeys. Just an example. I want you to ask yourself, really ask yourself, is this The Guy you want holding the keys to the secrets and knowledge of the Sacramento Awakened? Did you all see that?"
    Eyes moved around, the finger craning back to Miach. "The way I just broke him down? I had to work harder for a date with Avis. No. I'm not being funny. Read my Aura. That's the Truth. He caved over a few words. As soon as a Banisher or Seer looks at him cross-eyed he'll wet himself and unlock these doors."

The arm dropped with a sad reluctance.

"Because he's a coward, and Believes in Lies. I literally would not trust him to inscribe one of my Order's Rotes. This isn't a question of whether he's dangerous. He is. To all of us. What it is? It's a question of what the Wise thing to do about it is."

8 successes WTF O.o
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-19 20:41:21 Star rolls 11 to Manip + Persusasion + Consilium Status (Miach's Guile Unknown) (10 Again) 1, 10, 5, 2, 10, 7, 9, 5, 8, 8, 10, 10, 10, 7, 3, 4 8 successes
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Cayce, Forn Clakes liked this post

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Star's tirade was harsh, but the passion of his assessment bore the conviction and fervor expected from one of the Mighty. Could it be true? Would his Hearthmaster really sell out just for survival?

Looking over at Miach, he could see his will crumbling before the Guardian's verbal onslaught. Holy character revealing truth shit Batman! Star must be right, he would totally sell out for survival. Bro, what have you gotten yourself into with this cabal? Did you join a death sentence?

"Yo Miach, not everyone is cut out to be a fighter, or even be like, willing to give your life for another, like me an' Avis," nods to the other Arrow, "or even to an ideal! But like, we're already in a prison, and we're like, put in it by the Exarchs. But that dont mean you give up, i mean, isnt the way the Mysterium fights back is to like, preserve the knowledge the Seers try to suppress?"

Wayland's will leeched out of him. He wanted to trust him, but how could he? How do you defend someone who would sell you out to your enemies.

Wayland's Nerve is gone and bows out of Social Combat

12. Likes Cayce, Forn Clakes, West liked this post

Miach

PRE

Miach has lost all his Nerve during the first round, and succumbs to Star's Intent: "Miach is completely untrustworthy and a danger to the Consilium".

Was he such an open book that a guy like Star, that he didn't know that much, would be able to lash at him with pinpoint accuracy and that each question would leave him at a loss for words ? The Curator couldn't help but take a step back from the man, raising his hands to his chest as if in protection against the barrage of painful words. When he could at last catch his breath and try to answer though, he couldn't find a single word to start actually defending himself.

His mouth opened, his tongue moved inside, but he couldn't utter a word, let alone a sentence. Instead he could feel heat coming to his head, and guessed he must be turning red. Was he having a hard time breathing too ? and why were his ears ringing, his head swirling ?

It was mayhem in Miach's mind, and it was only when Wayland's words reached his mind that he seemed to snap out of his dizzy spell and shook his head. But the look in his Cabalmate's eyes... The damage done to the mystagogue's confidence was such that he could merely nod in mute and weak agreement with his Doorwarden. The Acanthus didn't trust himself to speak. It was all he could do to muster his tattered pride and self-confidence to remain standing erect.

Couldn't there be allowances made for circumstances ? Was it so black and white as the Guardian made it sound ? Was he really that lacking in discernment that he would be more dangerous than beneficial to the Consilium ?

More questions.

But the Mighty had provided the answer to those too.

Yes.

A shiver ran down Miach's spine as another question popped up in his mind.

Now what ?

14. Likes Cayce, Yumyumcrow, Cerberus liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Xander ( Emrys )

Emrys

PRE

It was harsh before the finger pointed at him, and Emrys could feel the doubt in the defense of his constituent as his shoulders began to visibly shrink down a bit. Maybe if Miach had come with him and Crowley through that portal they'd be having a different conversation right now. Without any proof to the contrary of what was being said though, danger and cowardice didn't seem at all unlikely.

"Whoever won't be able to talk to something they can't find, and I made a point of keeping that particular bit of information to myself in regards to the notes." The Councilor felt useless to Miach, but he still stood by his decision with that topic. "The rest is drivel from a madman without it."

His attention turned to the Curator as his voice turned cold as ice.

"It sounds like your tenure as Curator should be drawing to a close Miach. I won't make you leave, but it's literally the least you can do to take some of the heat off." His eyes then flicked over to Truce and Avis. "There should be a trial to determine treasonous intent, how we define it, and what we do about it. You want to kick him out of Sacramento or call the Interfector? Fine, but as Councilors we shouldn't permit anything like that just for an accusation of something serious. By the Lex once a precedent is set it's pretty much done, and a future case might not be as clear."

He doubted legalese would save the Enchanter, but it seemed nothing could at this point. Emrys wasn't giving up yet, but Star was right about the question that mattered.

"Until then, why not let Truce talk to him about what's happening here? Let him step away from his position within the Mysterium and he has no doors to throw open except his cabals." His attention then shifted to Wayland. "What you want to do about your cabals space is entirely up to you guys though."

Not even a chance
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-23 01:29:09 Emrys rolls 7 to continue trying to persuade (Manip+Pers+Status) (10 Again) 3, 2, 4, 10, 7, 5, 4, 5 1 success

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread