Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 36 of 54 First ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... Last

It's that time of the month again: time for your XP-reports!

2. Likes Fedup liked this post

XP reports are due by the end of the month.
    Don't be shy to submit one even though you've just joined or if nothing noteworthy has happened yet - the XP adds up, it gets you on the board for longevity and gives me some more insight into your character

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

So I have a question/concern for Aeolus .

In sanctuary Aurora has stepped in for Guru to recognize Apollo. While I sincerely appreciate the initiative and desire to help, I don't think she has the authority to do so.

By my understanding Recognition within a concilium is granted when the mage gets the first dot of status. The recognition is conducted by the path councilor because they have the authority to grant that dot using the MET rules for Mage. Even if Aurora formally accepted the role of provost, that position doesn't have the authority to influence status at all. At first I thought a majority of the council could step in and I just needed to grab Xadun or Sanityawol to jump into concilium, but that was wrong as well. The Councilors collectively could only act to affect the status of other councilors and the Heirarch.

The issue is Apollo can't be squared away unless Guru steps in personally or the title passes canonically to Aurora. Am I understanding this correctly? It relates directly to Puck's response to the situation in Sanctuary so I think it's important to make sure I'm understanding this right.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Yes, you're correct. I mean, Aurora hasn't offered Apollo to raise his status yet (and for what it's worth at the moment Status doesn't really.. do much but that's another topic) so just getting the others to know him and show him the ropes is something anyone can do.

But yes, no official Status raising until Guru has acknowledged him, or if Guru passes on the title somehow.

Questions, since you're in the know: can people vote on status for Apollo after the next official Consilium? Xander

7. Likes Ruach, Xander liked this post

Puck Scenes

Literally, the only reason I'm concerned is Apollo can't do shards until you're recognized. Everything after the first dot of city status is a glorified popularity contest with basically no reward beyond more popularity contests in my opinion.

As for your question, yes. Technically speaking you can call for status for anyone at any time. If there aren't at least three posts though, it doesn't have the social traction to change the current status total.

There are rules regarding the polling of status, but we almost never use them. People have been giving lower status then a characters position/current total suggests or writing posts for characters they don't know for years without being called out or anything. This also has the awkward side effect of meaning that currently Phoenyx is the only councilor who can recognize more then one mage a month.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

If that's the case then there doesn't seem to be a big, imminent problem. When Guru can post more regularly in May then things can get settled. If this is absolutely not an option for Apollos player we can ask Aurora to take back the office again or find another solution.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

Uhhhhh, I think I misunderstood the premise of your question.

The first dot of status has to come from a concilium official, meaning someone has to do the recognition before we can do status. So in this case no, status won't be polled for Apollo. I was operating under the assumption that recognition would be handled in a timely manner.

Twist Scenes

I was under the impression that the official consilium can do recognitions. I was under such an impression because when Corn came to the city, there was no moros councilor and Corn was recognized by the consilium. As far as I recall, Crystal was also recognized by the consilium and not by a councilor.
    Xander Aeolus
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

14. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

I had a similar expectation to Fedup - that is, technically any Councillor can issue the first dot of Status, it's simply been by convention that we try to have that as the councillor since we actually have 5 councillors for now, which historically has been far from given.

I know Phoenyx has acknowledged mages not of her Path or Order to the Conillium when there was no Order Councillor to do so. Since Sanctuaries are optional/gatherings of coincidence I know I don't tend to drop Phoenyx in them. I don't see an issue with one of the Councillors present at the Sanctuary recognising them in absence of Guru, and just point them towards Guru as their actual Councillor.

Covers both practical and quick-resolution methods. Alternatively, wait 4 days - then the next official Concillium starts and Phoenyx would recognise them and point them towards Guru anyway.
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

16. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post

To be honest, either way I am not bothered. Apollo will deal with it as it comes up. However putting my logical head on I think that maybe there should be a house rule for these situations?

Example: I take my neice and nephew out for the day. I am the adult trusted by my sister to look after her kids (the fool). If something happens I am the one acting "In Loco Parentis" and make the immediate decisions to care for said children.

In this case Guru asked Aurora to fulfil his duty in this matter, therefore she is acting "In Loco Councillor" and therefore speaks with his voice when issuing that first dot of status to acknowledge someone. Furthermore, as another option if they don't assign someone to do that duty of welcoming new people then another councillor can step in?

The reason I think this is:
    • I think its a bit harsh to remove Guru's position even temporarily because real life came up. If there is some sort of prolonged absence then I guess some provision would need to be made.
    • Some new players may feel a bit hard done by in that instance.
    • Guru not being able to meet him, and not being acknowledged until he is back (Which could be months?) would mean that Apollo thought of him less than favourably. "Couldn't be bothered to meet me and I sat in limbo for 2 months" or Apollo may see his councillor as... incompetent. Which actually does Guru's player a dis-service as In character that's how it could look. OOC its harsh because his player had real life stuff to deal with.
    Honestly, whatever you decide I am good with. I would personally vote on tweaking the rules slightly because there would be no IC consequences because OOC life happened.

18. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 36 of 54 First ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread