Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Called to the Caldarium

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Having made his announcement, the worm waited in the dim light of the Necropolis' center. His body twitched from time to time and his neck snapped when it jerked to one side. Even in the peace of the Caldarium, Gilroy still felt nervous for the approaching meeting and the Curse made it show with quick insectoid movements.

In his hand he held one of his many binders with plans, designs, maps, and agendas. There were more on the bench for when his Family arrived. His family of predators. A pack of monsters he was expected to rule over, despite insubordination, possible passive-aggressive power plays, ignorance due to Sires' mistakes, and the ever present unnatural presence they all inflicted on him and each other. Somehow Gilroy with his Curse of vermin-like disgust had ended up at the center of it. Volunteered for a position he felt wholly unprepared for to preserve the Clan and to strengthen it because there was no one better. However, the worm was determined to see it done, even it meant summoning the anger and suppressing the fear because so often persuasion and logic failed.

He cracked his neck again and waited for his Clan to arrive. A spider sitting in its web. A rat cornered in its burrow.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

2. Likes unlimited sink, , West, Benji liked this post
    Bump Benji "Bump" this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

In recent nights, Cross hasn't gone far from the Necropolis, only occasionally leaving to hunt, to keep up his contacts on both sides of the law, to sleep the day away in his own haven (which more and more seemed obsolete), and to run whatever other errands required his attention. It was on one of these jaunts that he'd come across Gilroy's announcement for the clan meeting.

As Cross arrives, descending into the Necropolis and then making his way to the Caldarium, he feels a mixture of anticipation and a touch of nervousness. He's pleased that the clan will be meeting, coming together as a group, a collective, but he's also aware that his Priscus will not be happy to see him. He can't shake the idea that tonight will prove important for his requiem in this city, perhaps for his unlife full stop. Still, the comfort and ease that the Necropolis provides him, a sense of belonging in this dark and underground place, helps to settle his thoughts. He moves through the dark with all the assurance of a man at home.

He halts at the entrance of the Caldarium, seeing Gilroy sitting there alone, feelings of disgust and bizarre loyalty at war inside him. Their's is a complicated relationship already. Well, get on with it, Cross. After a long moment, he announces himself: "Good evening, Priscus."

A
    AnoncameaSpider

I had woke up in the previously empty chamber I had chosen on the far side of the necropolis. The night before I had spent a little time wandering around, getting to know my surroundings and it left me a little more stiff than usual. After cracking my neck I looked around the spartan room. I have plans for you. A smile came across my face as I looked over at the knives and tools I had moved in, along with the dumpster-dived mattress that was on the far corner away from the entrance to the room. It was tiny, and unadorned for now, but it was mine and I was generally pleased.

I moved forward, having known the time and place for the meeting from previous endeavors, and eventually made my way to the Caldarium after deciding it was time to face the clan at large. I wasn't really the social type so I had put off getting there immediately, but then again who among the worms completely looked forward to social gatherings?

I paused at the entrance on the other side of the caldarium, the one that lead deeper into the Necropolis. My eyes lingering on the new-to-me body in the room, every part of me curious as to his lack of beast. It made the transition easier, though still I assessed before stepping into the room proper. I grasped a noticeable long and rounded tube with a lid, the kind of which ya might put art, maybe.

"Priscus Gilroy, good to see you. I'm excited to give my presentation." I gave a smile, then my eyes went back to the Haunt I'd yet to meet. "Looks like you're the first new face I get to memorize. I'm Jack. I'll do a better introduction when everyone's here...Don't like to repeat myself too much." I didn't offer a handshake, or nod of the head, I simply stared unblinkingly as is my nature and offered a smile.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

This was the very first time Alice was going to face the whole Clan at large. Which since her arrival, had grown from the sparse two plus her, to something that could make a real difference to how the Domain at large view them.
    For this occasion Alice thought to dress up, while still remaining practical. Dark black jeans, with sturdy boots, and a petal pink blouse.

With growing familiarity, and ease Alice made her way to the Necropolis on foot, made her way through the decaying house, ignoring the orange tomcat with the notch in his ear, and down to the growing depths of their Kingdom.
    At every step downward, Alice felt her meticulous control over her body fade away, leaving only her natural reactions. This is the one place she should have to hide who and what she is.

Smooth movements, gave way to jerks, and twitches, as if someone was mishandling invisible strings. A too wide, too fake, slasher smile appeared upon her face the instant she walked into the Caldarium, the marionette surveyed her hard work and effort, on display for the Family meeting. She was quite proud. She's silent and still a moment as she takes in the sight of two known Haunts, and one she'd only seen at a distance before this.

She's always found it funny that the most monstrous of the Kindred could hide who they were inside as easily as their shadowy cousins. It's probably one of the only reasons the Clan has survived.

"Priscus Gilroy." she greats with a naturally fake smile and a seemingly, mocking, yet deferential nod, before she walks farther into the Caldarium.

"Hello Robert!" she called. Even known that he's on the outs with Gilroy due his own stupidity.

"Hey," she turns to introduce herself to the new haunt, "I'm Alice. Alice Hart."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

M
    Matrixchild

Watching and learning was an art. He had noticed many faces at court, including those that left abruptly for reasons he was dying to know, but he had not had a chance to meet the other Haunts of Sacramento personally, other than the High Worm of course. He followed the directions into the Necropolis, holding back his expectations. With an area his family usually labeled the "garbage pit" his hopes weren't too high for Necropolis' in general. Entering the place he wasn't entirely disappointed, which was saying a lot. He could certainly see room for improvement and that was something, especially since Kenneth had made it clear his intentions were to make it more modern, not that it was modern already.

Seeing the gathering of Kindred he was reminded of how thankful he was that his family usually focused on hiding one part of their monstrous nature, since another could never truly be hidden. It was like a balancing scale. They had lost one way to hide so they adapted another. He had spent years with Nosferatus with all nature of curses. Smells...scars...feelings, and yet every time it took him a moment to adapt to it.

Approaching with a smile and his hands raised in a friendly inviting gesture he said, "Priscus Gilroy, how wonderful to see you again."

Looking to those he had yet to meet he offered a polite bow of his head and a flourishing hand and said, "good evening to all of you as well. I am Joseph Greenberg." A simple introduction but he would leave it at that, at least until others offered their names in return. As he waited he took them each in. The woman was pale and appeared as if she was manufactured in some way, a beautiful unnaturality to her. Next was a man who was sorely in need of Clear Eyes and a good meal, one Joseph hoped never to be. Finally there was a burned man who smelled as if it had happened today. Sometimes he wished he had a physical deformity instead of his strange supernatural one. He imagined the man would ask to have his own curse reversed if he could. A strange collection of Kindred, but then again that was typical of Nosferatus.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Leaving weapons behind, Garrick leaves his dusty space within the Necropolis and wanders to the bath house...room. No wait, it's got an important sounding name. Something Italian? No wait, Rome was before Italy, so Roman?

Uhhhh o right, The Caldarium. Sounds like some guy should be announcing that name with a megaphone. THE CALD-ARI-UM.

Tense, Garrick walks in and the monster inside seethes quietly in hunger. Thank God. A smile breaks through the beard. "Good evening Priscus, Alice, and the rest of you." It only takes a few moments though and the monster is watching...waiting for someone to give it excuse.

8. Likes Parable liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

The first to arrive was Cross. The burned man Kenneth had needed to prove himself to and likely would need to continue to do so. Gilroy wasn’t one to make threats and he resented Robert for forcing him to make them, but expectation had to be met and some people had to be watched.

Then there was Carrigan, entering from the sewers or so it seemed. He at least seemed willing to give his loyalty more freely but the friendly demeanor still hid a man who planned to add a torture chamber to Kenneth’s Necropolis. Then there was the way Jack stared at the pale flesh of Gilroy’s neck that was hard to ignore.

Next, Alice descended the stairs, her arms and legs jerking and twitching worse than even the worm’s. She was difficult to look at and he always had to remind himself not to read too much into her expression or tone. Everything about her spoke of mockery, especially her sincerity.

The newest threat Greenberg reached the Necropolis successfully. Kenneth had worried that the dilapidated house above and the pile of corpses might deter the refined Nosferatu but that didn’t appear to be the case. The lawyer greeted Gilroy while seeming to examine every crevice of the Caldarium. Almost like he was looking for a weakness in Kenneth’s design and work.

Finally there was Garrick. The man who had placed Gilroy in the Priscuship through his inaction. Conspirator or ignorant blind man, Kenneth still wasn’t entirely certain. Marlon still contributed a place for the family to resupply, along with his skills with a gun. He couldn’t be dismissed, as much as the worm still resented him. Maybe in time Kenneth would be able to look into those sightless eyes and forgive.

“Welcome to all of you,” he said. His voice sounded small compared to all the others’. “If you’ll each take a binder, you’ll find an outline of what I plan to discuss this evening. Before we begin though, I think it would be a good idea to introduce ourselves since this is the first time some of us have met."

Since they all already knew Kenneth, he left the floor open for others to begin.

Tabs in the Binder
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

10. Likes , unlimited sink liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Jack's arrival draws Cross out of the entranceway and into the Caldarium proper. Having another haunt in the room suddenly gives him something to focus on other than his recent encounter with Gilroy. At Jack's greeting, Cross remains impassive. The eyes are unnerving, to say the least, and it makes him even more cautious than usual. The joke about memorizing faces seems to be lost on him. For a moment, he even entertains the notion that Jack is making light of his scarring, but drops it. No one, especially not another haunt, could be so stupid. "I'm Robert," is all he says.

Then the others start showing up. Alice, who receives a small, but genuine smile from the burnt man, her inhuman bearing once again a comfort to him. Then Joseph, whose demeanor and polite introduction almost twists Cross' mouth into a smirk. He checks the urge, especially given Greenberg's insidious vibe. Finally, there's the man with the glaucous eyes. He doesn't introduce himself and Cross doesn't ask.

As Gilroy addresses the gathered haunts, Robert remains respectfully quiet and still, head slightly bowed. Once the Priscus has yielded the floor, Robert decides to get it over with and snaps to attention, striding over to the bench to pick up a binder. He gives a nod to Gilroy as he does so, "Thank you, Priscus," his tone deferential.

With that, he turns to face his Family. He is not good at introductions, or at making friends, but he'll have to make do. Accordingly, he falls into the speech patterns and posture most familiar to him. His remarks are delivered in the manner of a law enforcement briefing:

"I'll keep this short. My name is Robert Cross and I'm recently in from Los Angeles. Some of you I've met, most of you I haven't. One way or another, I look forward to getting to know each of you. After all, we're family. This space," he looks around at the Caldarium, "represents the hard work of our Priscus and several others here tonight," he glances toward Alice, who he knows has put her own share of work in, "and I would like to thank them. I'd also like to express my belief that the harder we work here, the stronger our family will be, below and above ground. I look forward to discussing plans to that end this evening, especially in terms of security. Thank you."

He looks at each of them, one to the next, and then finally to Gilroy, offering his Priscus one more nod of respect before retreating to the back of the room, binder in hand.

A
    AnoncameaSpider

Jack listened quietly to his Priscus, then to Robert who also seemed security minded. Something about his demeanor was off putting. Not in a supernatural way. Not just the burns. Luckily I couldn't smell them, mostly because I only breathed to talk. I don't know what it was...Just...I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe it was the whole bulletin points. Reminded me of those true crime shows. After he returned to his previous silence, I decided it was my turn. The Carthians were big on meetings. AA worked well enough for the vampiric condition and I had, in the past, gone to a few. This certainly felt similar, as I adjusted my suit sans tie trying to sound relaxed.

"Hello, My name is Jack Carrigan from Chicago, much obliged to be in the Domain of Sacramento now though. We're family so I hope you all come to refer to me as Jack. Mr. Carrigan was my father, and I'm really not big on formalities. Probably why I joined the Carthians if I were to guess. Well that, and everyone wants the ease of connections and other benefits of the Movement, but this isn't a recruiting drive, obviously..." I let that hang in the air momentarily because maybe, if someone was curious about the Movement it could become one. Not that I'd go too far out of my way. My general philosophy being if people want to join, they'll find you.

So we'll move onward. The only thing I have prepared today..." I said tapping my rolled up tube while I walked over to pick up one of the briefings our Priscus had out for us. "Is a few details on what I hope to make of the Catacombs Project, as well as a means to increase security on a few specific areas that I noticed." I gave one more sweeping view around the room, and then took a seat off to the side, with my back against a wall so as to survey the entire group and both entrances.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Before Alice had the chance to introduce herself to Joseph, or great Garrick, Gilroy calls their attention. Alice picks up a binder after Robert, finds a place to sit, and pages through what the worm had prepared. It looked good. A twisted mockery of approval crosses her features, as she flashes their Priscus a smile.

Robert was truly a man of few words, even when it was just a two of them, he was very sparing and concise, now here in front of the Clan at large...but it did seem that security concerns where at the top of everyone's mind.

The new face, Jack, began speaking and Alice had to forestall a mental shiver when the man cast his eyes about the room. Why did he keep looking at her neck. She was Kindred....he wouldn't, couldn't have a taste of Kindred Blood...could he?

It takes a moment for Alice paranoid thoughts to slow. Alice flashes the room a too wide, too fake smile, and offers a strings pull jerking wave. "Hi. I'm Alice Hart. Alice is fine. Recently I've been working on the Caldarium," she casts her gemstone eyes around the room they're currently in, pleased as the serene essence of the space rises up and down, like an ocean tide. "So if we haven't met yet, it's probably because I've been down here toiling away."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

14. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread