Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1604) Jack and Martine

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

”Oh” I allow a hint of surprise to run briefly thought my facial features after Jack presents himself. I thought me and Konrad were the only two Carthians in town.

”Carthian? That’s certainly a pleasant surprise, I thought me and Konrad were the only two around… Carthians.” Maybe he arrived not that long ago? Might be a possibility.

I look around the court area, my eyes searching for Konrad Roth but he doesn’t seem to be around. He is still owing me that push dagger...

”I don’t think he is around but I’m pretty sure he will be arriving anytime soon.”

As I’m about to continue our conversation I notice something in the corner of my field of vision. I decide to pay attention to this curious duo and to what they might be saying… not usual to see others whispering around in court – what’s the point of saying something here that you don’t want to share? You might as well be inviting everyone to eavesdrop…

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-04-03 19:01:34 Martine Klauser rolls 7 to Eavesdrop in EC: wits + comp - 0 (ignores up to -3) (10 Again) 6, 1, 7, 10, 3, 6, 9, 4 2 successes

Yumyumcrow Jack Carrigan

A
    AnoncameaSpider

My smile turns more genuine as I hear I'm speaking to fellow Carthian. She brought up Konrad, and I made a mental note that I would meet him tonight if at all possible. When she paused to listen I wasn't sure what gave her cause, so it gave me time to think before I talked.

" I wouldn't mind someone to make introductions to Mr. Roth." I spoke conversationally, then added. "What's the state of the Movement here, how have you found it to be Ms Klauser?" I asked curiously, my tone implying I valued her insight, as if I were perhaps new to town. Not that I went out of my way to give details of myself I suppose. My thoughts are mostly that it's Invictus domain right? I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't much going on honestly. Maybe now there were a few of us here though things could get off the ground... Not that I'd be inviting folks down for a political meet up group anytime soon, but I'd show up for someone who did and that's more than a lot of kindred.

I kept my words short, her beast was well fed to say the least. I could hold my composure in a precise kind of way. Not that I was thinking anything...well not on the surface. I had only adjusted to the crowd at large, and now she had closed in, and there was so much to look at. Eventually, I remembered to blink.

”The movement? Well, we are a pretty small bunch… but we have plans. I’m sure when Konrad arrives we can schedule a meeting for the three of us to discuss covenant business.” My head tilts briefly to the side and I allow this small grin to creep. Whatever else we might have to discuss about our covenant can stay among the three of us.

”By the way you may call me Martine instead of Miss Klauser – no need to be formal.” Absent mindedly my hand searches for my silver thumb ring. If my choice of words was carefully picked I would probably allow some of my thoughts about this formal court affair to transpire… that and the jestful glare plenty with trepidation that I share.

”I understand if you prefer otherwise though… your choice!” I shrug and decide to look around court again. Looks like my Prefect has just arrived.

”Looks like Konrad arrived, let me introduce you!” I enthuse and reach for Jack’s arm and wrap mine around his, should he allow it of course. I pull both of us to stand in Konrad’s way and shoot a greet from the hip.

”Konrad!” I wave quickly with my free hand and motion him to join us.

Konrad Roth

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad approaches leisurely, having heard and seen Martine's call for attention. He gives her a fixed stare as he makes those steady steps towards her, wondering what she might look like inside out. Only when he arrives does he turn his attention to the other, the masked creature that shared her company.

He considers him a moment too, noting that eerie feeling of being watched, a perverse and intimate stare which could make even a Kindred's skin crawl. "Good evening," he says finally. "I assume I need no introduction," he adds, looking back to Martine.

He seems indifferent, bordering on unpleasant. The woman had made several demands of him already and Konrad knows himself to be spoiling her. How long would his patience hold?

A
    AnoncameaSpider

My reflexes were fairly consistent and no, I did not let her touch me. Briefly one of my hands jerked to where a knife would be stored, had I not removed them all previously to entering. I then tried to play it cool by sliding both my arms together crossing them, and gave Ms. Klauser one of my best extremely kind most professional keep your fucking hands off me looks, before I added "No touching.". Nevermind my years in prison where if anyone moved to touch you it was rarely for kind reasons, I've heard so much shit about what the blood can do I wouldn't let anyone in this room get within ten feet of me if I had a say in the matter. Much less someone I met less than five minutes earlier.

As Konrad walked this way, I came off the wall, lowered my head in a sign of respect then looked up and spoke. "You are on everyones lips Prefect Roth no introduction necessary at all I'd say. Jack Carrigan, Nosferatu and certainly the best looking face the Movements got." I tried to sound jovial, rather than let the earlier....friendliness....Ms Klauser showed earlier rub me wrong.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Jack's joke elicits the smirk Konrad is famous for, seeming to banish any ill-will from the Savage's expression.

"You'd be surprised how many lips I haven't been on, but I'm not one to kiss and tell," counters Konrad with a relaxed shift in posture. "All good things I hope. Nice to meet you, Jack. So, you're Carthian, eh? Well that's a pleasant surprise. We need all we can get to keep the Movement strong. So, what brings you to Sacramento? Just stopping by, or you sticking around for a time?"

Good news indeed. A new Carthian on the board opens all sorts of avenues. And a Haunt to boot.

"You meet Priscus Gilroy yet? He's a good friend of mine if you need an introduction," he boasts, using the term 'friend' loosely. Like Martine, Konrad knew that it is important to get Movement members Acknowledged straightaway to avoid awkward instances like Graves from happening again.

A
    AnoncameaSpider

I didn't want to leave Martine behind, coversationally speaking but literally not a word of that seemed to be for her...

"Nah boss, definitely not heard nothing bad. Priscus Gilroy and I talked, he seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders." I paused considering my answer to the question of what brought me here. Chicago didn't have a lot of upward momentum to be certain, and there were so many there that were angry with me for one reason or another. You don't get many fans when you're a cleaner, that's for sure. I needed to restart my reputation...but not undersell my skills as I perhaps had done to Gilroy.

"I moved out of Sacramento due to lack of room. A lot of loud noises in the night, and I'm hoping Sacramento will make for a nice change of pace. I assisted my Sire with her work there, mostly just a small Cleaning Op. You know the whole shindig, white van, bunch of bleach, lot of taking out the trash. Considering something like that here 1099 style instead of W2, ya dig?" Maybe that would work out for me, the Carthian Movement here seemed small. I could handle their lightwork cautiously, and then build for my fellow rats in the necropolis...Work/Life Balance. What was the phrase now? Hashtag (un)Lifegoals?

There, I think that sold it better. Branding, I think marketers call it.

I wonder what I’ve done to merit the indifference… does Konrad values the opinion that others might misconstrue about him due to what anyone says or does at these events?

I shake my head in disappointment, or as a friendly joke between good friends…
    ”Cmon Konrad! Why so serious?” I pout briefly as a five year old would if unable to play her favourite game by her parents.

As Jack and Konrad exchange pleasantries I catch up on the rest of the court and the undercurrent of events that seemed to unfold...

”So, if I got it right you are a cleaner of sorts, Jack? As in people mess up, they call you, you fix it?” I’m genuinely curious, it seems to be the sort of work anyone could benefit from! A hotline for Masquerade mess ups...

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Oh, you know me, I'm all business," Konrad replies to Martine more lightheartedly at her pouting. "I even brought you a present tonight. Left it at the coat check on the way in, so don't let me forget about it," he mentions despite the temptation to hold it over her. Even if he felt as though he's spoiling the Lady, he isn't one to go back on a promise.

Listening to Jack reveal more about himself, Konrad shows an interest in the details of this 'Cleaning Op'. "Oh yeah, I dig it. Actually I had an idea for something like that a while back. Even got myself a van, but never caught anyone's interest. Kindred here are smart enough to avoid that kind of mess. Sounds like you're no stranger to getting your hands dirty. I'm pretty well connected to this town's black market, so let me know if you need a hook up," he offers.

Regardless of the hungry look in Jack's eyes, Konrad likes the way the man talks. And given he's already taken care of business with his Priscus and keen on sticking around that makes Konrad optimistic about his future, as well as the future of the Movement.

"We ought to have a longer chat sometime, the three of us. Let's exchange contact info and I can clue you in on where we can meet up for privacy." It's about time the Movement had another official meeting.

A
    AnoncameaSpider

"Yes indeed Martine, that's about right. Debt collection as well, but uh. Not the over the phone type." I said as Ms Klauser chimed in. Oh, and a van you say? Well, that would help out but it sounded like it's less needed here. Chicago was the murder capitol of the nation, arguably. Made sense the job was in less demand here.

"I'll keep that in mind, boss." My attention turned to Konrad at his offer to help make things happen. I pulled out a gas receipt, and pen from my coat and wrote my cell number on the back of it twice, ripped it in half and offered it to the two of them. "I'm free most nights, not a lot going on since I'm so green on the streets here. Get a hold of me whenever, I could definitely use some work." I spoke looking pointedly from Konrad to Martine and back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread