(Private) Blue Label

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Scotch was such a lovely colour. Rich, dark gold, swirling lazily around the single cube of ice in the center of the tumbler.

There were two glasses. One in Varyx's hand, held level with her eyes while she watched the liquid moving of its own accord, and the other sitting alone on the coffee table in front of her, still waiting for its intended owner to arrive, this one neat.

She was seated on the couch, bare feet propped up on the coffee table, dressed in well-worn jeans that were rolled halfway up her calves and a plain, loose tank-top. It was quite possibly the most casual outfit anyone in the Consilium had ever seen her wearing. Well, everyone except July himself, actually. A wicked little grin worked its way across her lips at the memory, and then again at Avis' more recent invitation and the teasing offer that had come with it.

There was a knock at the door and she pushed herself to her feet, raking her fingers through her hair and peering through the peephole. There was a grin already on her face when she opened the door. "Hey stranger." Her hand darted out and caught his, and she pulled gently: an obvious - and slightly impatient - invitation to come in.

M
    Matrixchild

July was not always a confident man. He could be cold. He could be dominate. And he could be confident in a fight. But when it came to women he usually ended up more on the insecure side. Varyx was the type who made July weak at the knees and she knew it. Whenever he thought back to their times together he was surprised at her interest in him. She could have any man she wanted, and he may in fact only be one of others, but it still surprised him to be included in her selection. July knew, whatever 'moves' he had made that first night in the bar, that it was really her that chose him. She ran the show, and for once the big bad Sentinel was okay with that.

July had arrived a little later than expected. Knocking on the door he was greeted to the sight of a very relaxed Varyx. "Hey to you too," he said with a smirk. Before he could offer apology for running late though he was pulled into the room.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Come in."

The invitation was a little late, seeing as how she had already pulled him across the threshold and was saying it while she closed the door behind him. No matter. She turned to look at him, her mouth opening slightly as she was about to speak, but something stopped her. She couldn't have said exactly what - just some instinct that told her conversation could come later. Instead, she took a step closer to him, already having been close in her narrow front entryway, and draped her arms around his shoulders. She was under no illusions about why he was here. Same reason he'd come to her apartment last time. And the time before that.

Biting her lip, she smirked up at him, her expression already making it clear which she wanted to do. "Which first, drinks or sex?" Let no one ever say she couldn't be just as blunt as he.

Well, I guess if July picks sex, we can fade to black now and then continue the actual thread afterwards?

M
    Matrixchild

The smirk couldn't leave his face even if he wanted to. He watched as she draped herself on him and he could feel her sapping his power. July would never admit it, but the alcohol was calling him. Too bad for scotch that Varyx called just a little bit louder for him. "Isn't drinking more fun afterwards?" he said, holding his smirk before leaning into her and kissing her deeply.

Fade to black. I'll leave coming out of it all to you since it's Varyx's place

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx supposed that, technically speaking, stealing clothing was even more presumptuous than breakfast. She didn't like making assumptions about her partners - a habit she'd long developed back when most of her partners were still paying customers. Back when it was rare for either of them to want the encounter to continue much past the afterglow. But this wasn't the same, and this time, she had her own desires to contend with. Ones which demanded that he stick around just a little longer. The same ones which had driven her to buy his drink of choice in the first place.

Presumptuous. But she found that, in an unusual turn, she didn't care.

So that was how she ended up padding bare-foot out into the living room again, dressed much the same as last time - a long shirt and nothing else - but this time, the shirt was his, having been scooped up off the floor of her bedroom on the way out. She settled herself down on the couch, taking up her glass of scotch again. The ice had long melted, unsurprisingly. Once July comes out to join her, she motioned first to the drink on the table, then again to the seat next to her on the couch, an impish smirk playing across her lips. "You distracted me again," came the playful accusation, despite the fact that she knew damn well she'd been the instigator of this particular distraction.

M
    Matrixchild

How had this already come to feel natural? This was only the third time he'd shared a bed with the woman and somehow it all felt good and normal, though he guessed you could say the third time's the charm.

He followed her out into the living room, wearing his jeans but no shirt of course since she was wearing it. Was it her way of showing some ownership of him? Was she saying she wanted more? Partly that was what he wanted, but what if he was just reading too much into it all. He'd made that mistake in the past with other women and things had fallen apart after. He didn't want that to happen here. He wasn't ready to say it because saying it always brought up more questions than answers, but he actually liked Varyx a lot. Not love, they wren't teenagers and he had never truly believed in 'love at first sight'. No one had even come close to love since his wife was murdered, but he certainly liked Varyx more than a fling and that was saying a lot for July. But he still didn't want to push anything. He found her independence refreshing and attractive and he didn't want to do anything to try and 'possess' or 'control' her.

Picking up his scotch and sitting down on the couch beside her his smirk reappeared. "Hey, I take being called a distraction by you as a huge compliment." They both knew who started what, but he enjoyed her playful banter. "So what's new? Oh, and I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye last big meeting. The Head asked me and Wayland to look into something and we went straight away. Still investigating though so nothing yet. Did I miss anything?"

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Natural was a good description for how this felt. It felt natural for her to turn slightly so that she was seated facing him, for her to lift her legs and drape them lazily across his lap. She clasped her hands around her glass and took a long sip, watching to see his reaction. She felt uncertain about this whole thing, which was unusual for her. People were supposed to be easy. She was good at them, at reading them, at doing what they wanted and getting them to do what she wanted. Uncertainty rarely entered into the equation. But, she supposed that was because this entire situation was unusual. She did sex, not affection.

Varyx had to chuckle at his apology. Why did he feel like that was something to apologize to her for? He left without saying goodbye to even his cabalmates, as far as she had seen. Why was he picking her out as being owed an apology? Or hell, maybe he had apologized to the rest of his cabalmates. She didn't know - she didn't live with them. Yet. Which really was something she should talk to him about, now that she thought about it.

"I don't think you missed much at the meeting, no. Wasn't much said or done after that. So, has Avis mentioned anything about inviting me to VT? Or do I have the pleasure of springing the news on you right now?" That grin reappeared on her lips. Amused, this time, hoping to catch his unmasked reaction.

M
    Matrixchild

How was she able to break down his guard? If any other woman was sitting on this couch with him he'd be hesitant to let her get comfortable enough to put her legs on him. Instead though July's hand instinctively settled on top as if holding her close. He took a sip of his now water downed scotch and even that couldn't kill his mood. He was feeling quite at home, which certainly fit when she dropped the bomb that they might be sharing a home soon. Both eyebrows went up and a smile spread on his face, though partially concealed by the glass. He took another sip to help compose himself but he imagined his interest in the idea showed through, even though slight.

"She had not told me, but I can see why. I think you'd make a good fit for VT...if you're interested of course."
    Underneath it all was a question neither of them had asked, 'what would it mean for them?' They would be under the same roof, within walking distance. Would they be able to stand living together? Would they be dating? Was the issue completely separate and he was getting ahead of himself? Suddenly things had become a game of who would reveal their inner thoughts and emotions first, both out of some personal fear. July decided he'd take the first leap, though in a coward's way, right after taking a sip, with the glass still in his face, so as to not feel so open and vulnerable. "I think it'd be nice seeing you more often." Hopefully that lone comment wouldn't push what they already had away.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Amusingly, Varyx was not nearly as thrown off-guard about what this meant for their burgeoning relationship as July seemed to be. First, an open comment about her being a good fit, followed immediately by backpedaling to specify that it was only if she were interested - as if that wasn't obvious. Then, he hid behind his glass while suggesting he might like seeing her more often.

Of course, she really shouldn't judge, given that she'd done the exact same thing a moment ago. Still, though, she saw no reason for the possibility of them sharing a cabal to change anything. Well, except beyond the fact that she wouldn't need to call him to come over anymore. That was just efficient, and really, who could argue against efficiency?

A light chuckle issued forth in response to his observation about it being nice to see each other more often, and she fixed him with a look. "I mean, I was planning on doing that anyway. Why else did you think I bought this?" She held up the glass. "I mean, if you're going to be coming around more often, I figured I should have something you like around the place." She jerked a thumb towards the liquor cabinet, the glass doors revealing a shockingly multi-coloured collection of various sweet liqueurs. "I think it's fair to assume those probably aren't to your taste."

Come on, that's just being polite.

M
    Matrixchild

July eased up slightly as she chuckled and added about every intention of seeing him more often. He wanted to tell her he liked her, to get all gooey for some reason, but he resisted. She was interested in him, and all he had to turn off the sensitive parts of his brain that wanted to fuck that up. Who cared what they were when he enjoyed the now so much, and it was clear she wanted more of that. She wanted this, and he was enjoying every second of it. He needed to stop being a cop so much and just enjoy his time with her. "Well thank you. It certainly makes me feel right at home." Was that a sign of him easing up? Looking over to the liquor cabinet he chuckled and said, "well I'll drink almost anything, but it's nice that you would get what I prefer instead." He took another sip of his drink.

"Living down the hall would certainly make the commute easier,"
    he added. "What's kind of your thinking between the two, cause I know you're with Steel Phoenix. Like what are some of your thoughts between them?" He asked it in an unknowing way as if accidentally revealing how intimate he felt they already were that he could just come right out and ask how she felt or what she thought.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread