Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Fall Discussions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    L

As Terri speaks Rick moves over to her, resting a reassuring hand on her shoulder. Well, that explained the talk about royalty he’d heard from Coco a while back. She was probably being a bit harsh on herself, though, in his opinion at least. But this probably wasn’t the time or place to debate morality or penance. So for now he’d simply lend his silent support.

And listen to what everybody was saying. Most of which he could agree with. There were a few things that raised flags, though. “Wait…are you saying we need to strike fear into Summer so they stop having July at Christmas? That’s a summer tradition, across various Freeholds, they’ve been throwing it here for as long as I’ve been in Sacramento. It doesn’t disturb the seasonal cycle and there’s really no reason to get up in arms about it.”

“As for Emma, given the nature of your accusations I sure hope you have proof you can bring to bear about that. But it’s a discussion for another time. There are more pressing matters tonight.”

“You asked how we can defeat a dragon in our current state. I don’t see us as being notably stronger or weaker than we’ve tended to be in all the years I’ve been in Sacramento. In that time I’ve participated in an Ash Run where we put down a mad Changeling who was probably on par with some of the Gentry you’ll see wandering this world. I lead another where we took down a fetch that was just as powerful. Another Ash Run saw us quell the Hedge itself as it rose up against us. There was the battle at the Bloom residence, where we broke the power of the Ear of Truth and drove that gentry right the fuck out of Sacramento.”

His mantle swelled as he spoke, winds expanding to swirl through the room as if to highlight his words. And he lapsed into silence for a few moments, letting that list of accomplishments sink in. “We managed all that because the courts worked in concert, because the bonds between them were strong. The cohesiveness that the courts here have had isn’t found in every Freehold you’ll see, it’s what’s made us strong. It’s what’s let us overcome foes every bit as dangerous in their own ways as Fairweather is, and it’s what’ll let us take him down too.”

“That’s something that anyone who aspires to wear their seasons crown should keep in mind. Because the Freehold needs them to make sure the bonds between courts are tight. And they have to be someone we can hold up as a symbol of Autumn, what it stands for. Because they will be seen as a figurehead.”

“As Ava said, a focal point. Someone’s whose grasp of the court and its needs is undeniable. As Morgan said, someone who understands that the courts must work together. And who can help facilitate that. That’s what I hope everyone keeps in mind when they decide who they think should wear the crown.”

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Ever since she had known Morgan, Terri had always thought of her kith-cousin as adorable in her little, unique ways. Sure, Terri had first hand experience of how skilled she was with her throwing knives but it was as a friend, as a soul willing to offer aid at the drop of a hat is what appealed to the Blackbird Bishop the most.

“Thanks Morgan, that means a lot. You've always been a good friend.”

Rick’s gentle squeeze on her shoulder was the strength Terri needed even when she didn't even realise just how vulnerable she was. However, when Nathan spoke, the smile that was always apparent on the Steepscrambler faded away completely. What was left was a look of utter confusion, concealing the urge to unleash the Harvest upon him.

“Nathan, I have no idea what your point is or if there’s a problem somewhere but whatever it is, you’re making yourself look like an ass.” A master of her own body, Terri had leaned forward in her seat, closer to the the inebriate. Was it threatening? Probably not. She was closely related to squirrels after all. “I understand this is a difficult situation for everyone, finding a new leader and all that. We have a lot to go through and this discussion will go a hell of a lot smoother without unproductive comments.”

Terri leaned back, eyes looking around and almost daring someone to comment on the rebuke. She may try to be everyone’s friendly neighbourhood Beast but once upon a time the Wyrd had chosen her for a reason. Just because she didn't want the title of Queen of Fear now didn't mean she was any less the woman she once was. The difference was in perspective and her own path in the Freehold.

The smile quickly returned and Terri listened to both Milo, Ava and then Rick with nods and tilts of the head, privately agreeing and disagreeing with various statements. The mention of Emma and then Moira brought the biggest reaction, a rise of the eyebrows in surprise that swiftly returned as the conversation continued. When the Ash Run was brought up, Terri felt obliged to speak up.

“Some would believe that the Ash Run, a wholly Autumn tradition, is somewhat barbaric that flits close to the edge of acceptance. Hunting down perceived dangers chosen by the Leaden Mirror? What if we decide to call the Ash Run on a member of the Freehold? Who is accountable? What I’m trying to say is that don't judge another Court’s ways. Whatever they are, no doubt they exist for a reason.”

Once finished, Terri fetched her purse and laid it out on her lap, opening it with ease and removing several pens and a notepad she often used to sketch designs on. “How about a suggestion? We vote now, privately, on who we want to be our Sovereign and then once chosen, we can continue to other matters with the knowledge that our decision has been made.”
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

She accepted a bowl of stew, and nibbled as the conversation rose and fell around her. After Nathan's arrival she thought that would be it, but another make's his appearance, and Mhairi is in awe of his powerful mantle. She really felt awkward with her light, if brisk winds surrounding her.

Mhairi kept silent, spooning stew into her mouth, as her fell-flame eyes tracking the conversation around her. As the new Autumn on the block, she really didn't have a concrete opinion on how this Court in this 'Hold should be run, but she did join up for the magic-y awesomeness that even the Courtless had heard of. And that magic-y awesomeness could strike Fear into folks hearts just as easily as being all grr and argh. Which was more Summer then Autumn...a silent strike from the shadows...hmm. Was that Winter...? Mhairi frowned internally. She should focus more on what's happening around her.

It was a nice thought that Terri would want to still run Edna's....Mhairi and a fair few others still needed a safe place to bed down.

"That's-ah....that's a good idea. The blind vote. That it what is-ah good idea I mean. Erm. Could I-ah have a paper?" Mhairi asks, waiting for one of the paper slips.

It takes her a moment to decide, she knew Ava, at least a little. She knew the Nix was smart, and knew her Pledge stuff. The Fairest-Mhairi felt her face heat up as her eyes found Milo, was Ghul, and that offered a certain set of skills...Terri wanted Edna's, and no one else spoke up wanting the Crown...Mhairi didn't think it would be a good idea to vote for someone who didn't want it...who knows what would happen if someone who didn't want the Crown got it...

With a sigh, Mhairi shook her head, and wrote down a name on the slip of paper. Folding it in half, then in half again. "Ah-where-ah should I-ah put this?" the elemental asks, waving the paper in the air.

Made my vote and PM'd Selena
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

4. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan smiled back at Terri and gave her fellow climber a thumbs up, "Welcome T-terri."

Morgan tilted her head and jaw dropped in confusion at Nathan's "speech" to Terri. She couldn't tell if it was a rude kindness or kindly rude. "Nathan? If-I-nay-miscomprehend, ye meant to say T-terri tis too heh-hard on herself, right? B-b-b-but it twas too philosophical l-like Socrates," after a pause she added, "He twas da dood that g-got himself killed by insulting his jury with philosophy." Which was why Morgan didn't bother with it after hearing about how such a great philosopher had died. Common sense seemed more useful to her.

Morgan found herself agreeing with...well everybody on other stuff. "I t-think everyone tis m-makin' good points. Um, Imma really forgiving," her quarrel with Cosima had probably made that abundantly clear. "B-but oathbreakers and traitors n-need to be punished tis true. Enemies n-need to see we are not weak," she nodded at Milo, "betrayal must be answered for, be it punishment-penance-both. Y-yet I f-feel we n-need to prioritize threats. Yes, I'd l-love to see the Loyalists routed," her eyes narrowed into a hard glare at nothing in general, "privateers slain and the-those treated azz chattel freed," then her eyes softened again, "and all t-t-think twice a'fore harming our Freehold. B-b-but the dragon-bastard hath proven he can smite our home with ease. Ah-and I'd surely prioritize the Freehold over any court," she wheezes out a chuckle. Morgan shook her head as she gulped in a deep breath to continue, "A~and I agree very much with Rick: we hath allies. THEY don't. They have no comrades a-and t-t-that tis why we have the courts, why we share power. They can't and nay understand having equals-comrades-brothers-sisters." Morgan had to stop here. She needed to gulp in several loud breathes of air. Once finished she smirked, "And Milo, if ye wish our esteem raised with the o-other courts, we are knowledge and fear. Knowledge given to aid allies earns r-r-respect," a dark grin came over her face: "Image how scared all will be of the heh-hold after we've ssslayed the dragon-bastard. After all, what doth ye f-fear to fight more: a dragon or the dragon slayer?"

Leaning back she though on Terri's suggestion. She slowly nodded her head and sat up straight, "Imma c-c-cool with the vote on-on one stipulation," she looks around the group, "nobody votes for," she held up both arms in an X shape, "me. I'd m-m-make a terrible source of dread."

I'll PM my vote to Selena as well

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo visibly winced when Ava mentioned ignoring Fairweather in favor of more attainable goals. He didn't quite want to ignore the dragon, but he also hadn't heard of it doing anything since he arrived in Sacramento. Treachery and limp wristed leadership under the guise of occult knowledge though? Check those columns.

"Morgan, Ramona Bohannen, and L'aire were present when I found Ms Jasons with her memory lost." His eyes turned coldly to the former Ranger. "Emma was seen by Ramona and L'aire leaving Moira's, who told us why she had betrayed our Court and where to find the token. When we found the token, Ramona and L'aire were able to watch the memories within, including Emma's memory of dropping the token off where we found it. If you check the archives here in the Hollow, you'll find that the token is one of a kind. She's directly linked to it, and it was left in Ms Jason's personal care before it's disappearance."

He thought about responding to the July at Christmas issue and Ava's questions about a future bully, but the ballots had already started being cast. Both volunteers had spoken their platforms, and with a large chunk of the court already speaking in favor of arcane knowledge the Fairest had nothing left but to lose face with his arguing.

"Since ballots are already cast, I'm not going to answer any questions until after the vote is done." Eyes turned to Ava and Terri. "Rather then say something that may shift opinions I'll just wait until everyone else has voted. If you still want to question me afterwards, I'll do my best to answer."

Ava's natural magnetism drew the Shadowsoul's gaze as the last votes were cast. A twisted little smile slowly crept forth as he thought about her questions, or maybe it was the idea of declaring an Ash Run on Emma. Both were so delightfully intriguing after all.

Unless Ava casts a ballot, Milo abstains from voting.

L

What he had to say about Emma was...certainly troubling. He made a note to ask L'aire about it sometime as well, and see if Morgan had anything she wanted to add. Ramona he didn't know nearly as well as the other two, but additional perspectives certainly couldn't hurt. For now, though...he simply cast his vote. He'd said his piece already, and didn't have more to add prior to votes being cast.

Vote PM'd to Selena

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

As pens and paper were passed around, Terri continued to listen, finding the accusations made by Milo in regards to Emma quite damning. Personally, Terri had very little connection with the Blightbent but Moira was a different matter; it was through her mental instability that the Beast had become a member of the Bishopric of Blackbirds, and so felt she had to keep an eye on the Darkling when the need arose.

Good job, Terri.

Writing a name down, Terri folded it and held it close to her heart, waiting for the outcome. Towards Mhairi, she simply gave a shrug with a small smile. "I'm guessing the Wyrd will let us know when we've all casted our lots."

PM sent
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was a strange cognitive dissonance. He knew he should feel ashamed, but he couldn't manage to. After all the things he'd done, a moment of drunken forwardness seemed like a rather silly thing to get worked up about. He shrugged and closed his eyes, his head resting on the back of the chair. He didn't stop listening to the conversation, but the only thing that betrayed him was a small grin when Milo began talking about fear. It seems like I have missed a hell of a lot of... fun.

His golden eyes only snapped open when the others started passing papers around. He grabbed one and gazed across the room. Miss Nutkins was out, apparently. So was Morgan, though that didn't surprise him. He didn't know a thing about the new girl, other than she seemed to have a thing for Milo. Dear God... Everyone else was game, though. Three choices... no, two. There were some people he didn't see himself following.

So what was it going to be? He could vote for the Court and the Freehold, or for himself. He realized what he wanted with painful clarity, but that desire was held back by something old, something weak and tired. But what did it know? Knights in shining armor only existed in... in... fairy tales. Fuck it. He quickly scribbled a name on the piece of paper.\

Vote sent!

10. Likes Lesingnon liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

As the voting began, Ava studied the Fairest. Being smiled at by such an attractive man seemed like it should do more for her, but the quality of the smile itself was vaguely ominous. Perhaps he was considering the ways in which she could be disposed of most readily, should the vote not go his way. But, perhaps she was being harsh. Sending him a perfectly polite and needle-pointed smile in reply, the Nix noted his choice not to cast a ballot and honored it.

As Milo has elected not to vote, Ava abstains as well

S
    Selena

Like the gardens behind the Boarding house, the Wyrd of Autumn knew about change more than any. Sometimes things would come and things would go and then gone forever. Like ashes after a bonfire on a chilly night, letting the wind reclaim it to the earth. The Wyrd reaps the fear of change from those present. It knows they’re on shaky ground with the new changes, but it has not failed them yet.

So when the choice came to that particular Changeling, the Wyrd showed no fear to any present. It leaps through the air, doting on each past Sovereign for just a moment. Those two felt it’s former strong presence just enough to be reminded the new Monarchs in the freehold would need support and guidance. Not just their own season, but for all.

In swift, shifting turns, like that of the switch wind that blew the leaves from the trees. A barrage of unseen colors, the sound of crackling leaves and fire, the smell of the last harvest in the air suddenly descended upon who was chosen in one fell swoop.

Ava Campbell is the Autumn Monarch

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread