Ended
Watch

Fall Discussions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Sup Milo!" she returned his excited greeting with equal zeal. Though it faded at the inquiry about Mr Griffin. Morgan wasn't aware of any problems with him. But she'd also not seen him in a while. Oh, Mhairi was the new girl's (possibly a challenger to Morgan' biggest babbler title) name. And she'd yet to meet Morgan? Which meant the Beast hadn't forgotten a name again, yay!

The raccoon sighed in relief, "Good. Um, Godo-good to meet ye Mhairi, heh-hi to ye too. And heh-hope this," she waves her hand around at the Hollow. But that isn't what she is indicating, "stuff-happenings nay cause ye worry. We've b-b-been through worse stuff." she nodded her head at this. It was true of the Freehold, and probably of them all as individuals. "And heh-hath plenty of smart-smart folks heh-here too," her eyes moved towards Ava and Terri as she said that.

With a smile, Morgan turned and walked walked towards the seated duo and joined them on a pew, "T-t-thank ye Ava, Terri. Um, Nathan?" They say speak of the devil and he may appear. Mr. Griffin seemed to add the caveat of a hangover. "Nathan ssseems fine to me, heh,"

She then eyed the stew and sniffed at the air. Food, goblin fruit tincture, or laundry? Another sniff and she shook her head Not laundry. And then raised a hand to ask a question. As usual her tone was nervous: "Query I m-make please? Tis the cauldron's contents composed of norman consumables oro-or gob-gob-fruit? J-just asking."

Milo Chernobog

PRE

"A pleasure to meet you Mhairi." Milo said, unperturbed by the Elemental's mesmerizing gaze. "Welcome to the Commons of the Autumn Court, for anything else it maybe."

His shoulders twitched up in a shrug after that last part. While he had hoped Nathan would be here for the conversation, he grudgingly nodded in acknowledgement when Terri suggested moving forward without him. Then he arrived, and while Milo couldn't say he knew the Hunterheart's mannerisms as well as some others, he was noticeably off. What exactly it was, he decided not to dwell on.

"So straight down to business then?" He asked looking to Terri and Ava. He object to it, in fact he preferred it for this conversation. "I think we have a few major issues to discuss. Ms Jason's departure doesn't just leave us without a sovereign, it leaves the Commons defenseless and Edna's without a true manager."

Eyes stopped scanning the group, looking back towards Edna's for a fleeting second before returning to his fellow Courtiers.

"Should the Sovereign continue to be responsible for those things? And obviously, who should lead our Court? I'd like to volunteer for the position, but I feel like we should talk about what we want from it as a court and as individuals before we start trying to put someone into those shoes."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Uh-Thanks." she squeaks when Milo addresses her, her face flushing.

The her fell-flames are drawn to another 'ling's entrance. This was probably their missing Autumn. More then probably.

Mhairi nodded after Morgan question about the stew. Her tummy was growl-y but, she wanted to know just what she was putting into her body first.

After Milo finished speaking, Mhairi was about to offer to make up lists about all the things that they as a Court needed to get done, but thought against it. Ava was the Lady Scrivener, and the Archivist of the 'hold. She might think that Mhairi was infringing on her position if the elemental did that. Instead Mhairi says, "Yes. That-ah sounds...good. The figuring out what we-" it was very nice to be a 'we' again. "want for Autumn, and uh-the other things..." Mhairi trails off, face flushing.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

S
    Saeyer

Speak of the devil indeed. She had been ready to go with Terri's suggestion to begin and just see if Nathan turned up, but he managed to arrive just in time. A little worse for wear, it appeared, but present nonetheless. "Glad you could join us, Nathan," Ava greeted him with a touch of dryness. With Nathan among them, that seemed to be everyone; Milo's suggestion to get right down to it was met with a firm nod.

The Fairest's offer to assume the position of Sovereign was registered with interest, eyes measuring him as he spoke. Her best gauge for the handsome man had been the 'cease and desist' meeting in her Hollow, and she needed a moment to try and visualize him wearing the Ashen Crown. It yielded mixed results. "I am also willing to volunteer, though I agree a discussion of expectations is important first. Personally I don't think it needs to be mandatory for the next sovereign to manage Edna's; Ms. Jasons ran the boarding house before being crowned, I don't view it as inherently tied to the position. But, it's an important fixture to the Freehold and should be run by someone within the Autumn Court." That pretty much went without saying, but she didn't want to be unclear.

"As a member of the court, what I want for Autumn is to better equip ourselves to deal with threats from the Hedge, and specifically Fairweather. Whether that means sitting down and sharing certain pertinent contracts or pieces of information, research and exploration into various avenues or the Hedge itself, pledges, dreams, I'm totally open- but I'd want our sovereign steering the effort. At the very least, available to give advice and guidance if needed. We don't just need a manager, we need someone who can be a real focal point." It was one thing to have Morgan researching what Contracts of Elements could and could not do for them in the event of another dragon attack, and herself delving into oneiromancy, but if they could actually get themselves organized, maybe...

After a brief pause, Ava began again in the same rich but firm tone. "As an individual, I want someone I can trust to put Autumn's needs before their own. And, honest and open communication, unless secrecy is strictly necessary." It looked as though she may add more, but after a second the Nix shrugged with her mouth. That was the heart of what she wanted.

L

“Betony Rue was also the only sovereign who’s run the Boarding House. And Ava’s right, she ran it long before she wore the crown. I was always connected to her, as opposed to the Sovereign. The two just became one and the same in time.” It was almost as if talk of exploring the Hedge had summoned him. He even spoke from the doorway that lead out into those tangled thorns.

His mantle made itself known not long after his words announced his presence. Even when Rick was trying to keep a hold of it the mantle was powerful enough, and its storm winds wild enough, to make its presence felt.

And though the Freehold’s population had shifted a bit in his absence, the Leaden Mirror itself seemed to have been pretty stable. It seemed that no one had left, Terri had returned, and there was just one face he didn’t recognize. All in all a nice thing to see.

“Sorry I’m a bit late, the paths I use shifted a bit while I was away.”

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

As if on cue, materialising at mention of his name, Terri looked round as Nathan stumbled in and she couldn't help but grin as he said hi. The Hunterheart had always been friendly enough to her and even though Terri hadn't yet had the opportunity to get to know him better, he had the air of someone reliable.

Morgan's question about the stew brought a shrug and a conspiratorial wink towards her Steepscrambler cousin. ”Not a clue, I was just stirring it. Although, pretty much anything that goes into the gruel pot comes out edible so I'm sure it'll be fine. If you’re worried,” Terri teased as she turned to look to Mhairi, ”just close your eyes and think of chicken, or peanut butter.”

Business then. Terri listened and nodded at the good points raised, crossing her delicate legs as she did so. From what she knew, either Ava or Milo would make good Sovereigns, in their own way but before she spoke of anything else, she raised a hand politely, waiting her turn. The voice of Rick arriving caused a stir in her mantle, as it always did and she sent him a wink before moving on to what she was about to say.

”Ok, let me just come out and say from the beginning, I have no interest in running for the Sovereign position, and as I adopt what Ava has said about there being no secrets in our Commons, then perhaps I should expand.” Pausing for a moment and giving Ava a nod at mention of her request for an open forum, Terri tried to find a place to start.

”Last year, I desired nothing more than to take the title, to remove Betony from her place; I even told the Spring Court what I wanted at the Rose Garden when the seasons changed. As it happens, Coco wanted to become my campaign manager in fulfilling my desire but in the process, I lost sight of what was really important. The Leaden Mirror, the real reason to be part of the Court of Fear. It isn't for personal gain, hell no. It's to look at ourselves with utmost honesty, from any angle and to see truly what it is that drives us, what makes us tick. That fear only we can comprehend, understand and use to propel us to becoming better. I made a mistake in focusing on my desire more than my fear, I let my ego grab me by throat rather than helping those who could do a better job. For that, I apologise to each of you here. It was selfish and it won't happen again. That being said,” she paused, this time to gather her train of thoughts and to place her hands on her lap from where she had been gesticulating.

”I would gladly, without a shadow of a doubt, be honoured to run Edna’s for the Autumn Court, as well as tend to the commons. The last thing we need is to lose what Ms. Jasons has put into clearing the Hedge for our continued use. This boarding house means a great deal to me and has always been somewhere open for any new arrivals to find a safe bed. I stayed here when I first arrived back in Sacramento, and it would let me find some penance in ensuring its well-being for the future. ”

Once finished, Terri offered an small, open and well-meaning smile, glad to finally be free of the guilt she had felt for her one moment of shame, looking around the commons to the rest of the Court for what came next, her eyes staying on her ex-husband perhaps a touch longer than the others. For support or simply out of guilt? Who knew.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan raised her hand; "Uh...I m-m-might be-be able to contribute. T-t-to the Commons defenses n-not Edna's management, heh-heh, T-t-terri," she pointed at the squirrel, "be besties for that!" She gave Terri two thumbs up, " I'll ssstill heh-help with supplies and stuff though, heh. Ahem, erm...r-right I means I heh-help with the Commons. I hath studied, uh...stuff," she fidgeted with her claws in front of her. The clicking sound of clawtips impacting each other was odd, "I p-put up a ward earlier, wayback when. I c-c-can strengthen it easy, just-need-to-buy-a-rooster.. Oh!" she grinned, "Ah-and Imma heh-have ideas f-for other ways to m-make security heh-here stronger. Meh-beh m-make them less monitor and more s-security, heh." The spirtes did make a good alarm, but a poor defense. And Morgan had some ideas about that which could go really good or really bad.

And then there was the political part, "Um...as-as for the sovereign, eh-heh-heh," Morgan floundered and started to try to shrink into her seat. But stopped as she looked at Ava. She straightened up her back and rolled her shoulders. She addresse everyone, head moving constantly to look at those gathered, "I c-c-concur with Ava. We are the court of f-f-fear, heh-heh, true. Imma p-proof of that, heh-heh," she smiled and shrugged before continuing to blather, "Bu~ut we art also the court of the arcane a-and knowledge. I b-b-been tryin' to do that...but Imma n-not very smarts." Her head snaps towards Ava and she says: "Dubstep-cannon," then turns back to roving her gaze around the group, "B-b-better if organized. The m-more we learn t-t-the more we can do," and the smile turned villainous, "And the more our enemies fear us."

Then the smile turned friendly as she tilted her head, "Ah-and the more our friendzzz in the ot-other courts appreciate us. Knowledge m-m-makes everything easier, heh-heh. Plus," she looked to Rick Pereg and then at Terri, "B-best to work with friendz!" she looked around at everyone else, "And Imma totally favoring cooperation w-with the other Courts too, heh-heh," then she grimaced, "Whi~ich tis totally-moot-point-with-current-candidates-anyway, heh-heh, never-mind."

8. Likes , Gwydden, Forn Clakes liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He'd barely even arrived and there were already two people volunteering to be royalty. Miss Campbell had seemed nice enough, the few times they had talked. And Milo... Motley-mates they may be, but he didn't feel like he knew the Fairest all that well. He tried to picture him with a crown and almost burst out laughing. He couldn't help a slight snicker, which was interrupted by a sudden cough. When Rick arrived he greeted him by raising a hand, but otherwise continued listening to Ava and Terri, even though he looked like he hadn't slept in a week.

"And I want," he turned to Ava, "someone who will get me free drinks. I'm running out of cigarettes, so putting some money towards that would be great too," he coughed again, putting an entire arm between himself and the others. "Failing that, though, I'd vote for whoever knows more about the other side of the fence. That's what I was told this club was all about when I got the recruitment flyer, and that was before I got to this city and found out we had our own friendly neighborhood dragon."

He didn't mind following orders. That was kind of his thing. It just depended on whose orders he would be following.

"Yeah, well that's... that's... that's real awesome," he stammered, nodding and clapping dramatically at Terri's words. "Now bear with me here, Miss Nutkins; alcohol makes me philosophical. Penance sounds like something my instructors would force me to do back in Catholic school. I always thought having to say twenty Hail Marys for wanting to bang the girl next door was a bit hardcore; you wanting the crown... same thing. Well, no, but... You get me?" he flinched as if something had gotten into his eye. "My point is, I can't think of a lot of people who'll do a better job than you, Miss Nutkins. If you want to dress in ash and sackcloth afterwards, that's cool with me. I hear our previous sovereign really could rock that look."

He looked to the roof, surprised he had said so much. Politics of any sort held no interest whatsoever for him. In fact, he found them downright repulsive. Maybe it was the fact that Terri had backed out that suddenly made him want to support her. Or maybe he was just drunk. He stayed silent through Morgan's speech, although her mention of knowledge and the arcane made him remember the fae watch he had had stashed away for what seem like ages now. His face grew even redder, although he doubted the others would be able to guess why.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo smiled slightly as Ava explained her vision of the court. He didn't object to any of it, but he also didn't think it was anything a certain other court position couldn't fill. Terri got his attention in a good way by dropping out of the running for sovereign, and then in a bad way as she spoke of desire. Milo froze in stillness as she spoke, evaluating his own reasons for wanting the crown. He couldn't deny that this was born of his desire, but every desire grows from the roots of something. In this case it was fear.

"In the spirit of honest communication among courtiers, I also have a confession." Milo said, maintaining most of his stillness as his eyes darted around to the other courtiers. "I've been thinking about this conversation for almost a year now. Last Spring, I left a token here in the care of Ms Jasons capable of stealing memories. While in her care, another Autumn courtier named Emma was pressured by the token's previous owners to steal it back. She broke the Freehold Oath, stole from our commons, and used the token to violate our Sovereign's mind to make her forget the theft and token. When I talked to our Queen, she insisted we spare Emma and her friend Moira any harm."

"Since then, tokens from a goblin merchant have been going missing, Ramona hosted a specifically Summer event on Christmas Eve, a member of our Court was bullied at our own Coronation, and the criminals Emma betrayed us for continue to lurk in the background without any repercussions. There's no organization, no respect for the seasonal cycle, and most notably no fear of consequence. What hope can we possibly have of organizing the death of a dragon when we can't even protect ourselves from other changelings?"

The Fairest's head slowly crept from side to side, dismissing the goal.

"As an individual, and as Autumn's Ghul, I think our next sovereign needs to make their will known, and have the physical or mystical might to enforce it themselves before pulling others into the affair. Occult knowledge can easily be handled by a Witch of the Bitter Winds, extended to the Freehold through the Archivist position, but our next Sovereign needs to earn the title Dread Lord. They don't need to hang it over every freeholders head, but they need to embody it enough to inspire our emotion in the people that would hurt us. That is what I intend to do from now on, and what I intend to start with Emma once I find the little viper."

S
    Saeyer

Interesting, to have two former sovereigns back in the mix as Rick arrived. Ava greeted him with a small smile and a nod, but she was more focused on what Terri had begun to say. A mixture of emotions bubbled up inside the Scrivener: irritation at the fact that Terri had managed to take what had happened and confess it in a way that still made her look good, slowly turning into relief that now she wouldn't have to bring it up. She would've, if Terri had decided to declare her intent to be sovereign again, but now Ava wouldn't need to potentially pit herself against someone so many in the Freehold seemed to idolize. It was better this way, for both of them.

Of course, there was no reason to assume Terri was swearing off wanting to be sovereign in the future. Penance suggested that someday the perceived sin would be atoned for, paid off, and what then? But, that would be an issue for the next time they held such a meeting.

The Scrivener couldn't suppress a grin as Morgan threw the words dubstep-cannon her way, and she nodded in agreement at what her fellow Beast had to say. Nathan, though... she wasn't sure his endorsement of Terri actually did the Steepscrambler any favors. Milo didn't pause to discuss the Hunterheart's contribution, though, so she let her thoughts on the matter rest.

Milo talked a good game, and while Ava agreed with much of what he said about the nature of fear and its place in the Freehold, she had a couple of points to contest. "Well said, on many points. But," she said deliberately, "I believe the matter of the Summer event on Christmas Eve is none of our business. In fact, half of the people who attended were Winters, and none of them were offended by it." Granted, her information came from Ramona, but she didn't believe the Ogre so insensitive as to miss Daniel or Green being hurt by the gathering. Besides, hadn't they been the ones to decide to, essentially, gate crash it? "While you might consider the event in poor taste, if there is an issue to be taken with it let Winter lead that fight."

"I would love nothing better than for the name of the Autumn Court to inspire fear in our enemies, but I don't think ignoring Fairweather in favor of exclusively more attainable goals is wise. By all means, this organization you mention should be addressed. Thieves and privateers should think more than twice before coming near the Freehold, and especially us. But, there will be privateers hanging around Sacramento long after we've been burnt to a crisp if we don't look to Fairweather. It would help us instill fear to take care of crime rings and oathbreakers, and we should do so, but they aren't the final, definitive issue. The dragon won't back off just because we sweep up around our doorstep."

It was a pleasant surprise to hear that Milo hadn't renewed a vow to be the Fool for a second year running. Of course, he could be claiming that with no one to challenge him, but at least the title of Ghul conveyed an obvious set of skills. "It sounds to me like your idea of instilling fear hinges on the ability to do harm, which is legitimate and also already covered in your position as Ghul," Ava pointed out, "But to me the real terror of the Autumn Court is what we know, and what we're willing to do with that knowledge, what we're willing to sacrifice and how far we're willing to go. Is that what you were referencing with mystical might? I see knowledge of the occult as inextricable from that."

"As for what happened at our last coronation... I agree, that shouldn't happen. But, I also recall that your first instinct was to reach for the council, not embody the idea of dread that you are aspiring to now; what changed that, may I ask? I have another question about that, too: with your readiness to declare that an issue that placed friction between Courts, not just individuals, how would you handle inter-court confrontations?"
    'Cause if you hated that, just wait 'til you meet Peps...

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread