DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

([Granite Park] Into the Woods)Open Scene Spent
    PRE

If you go out to the woods today you will be in for a big surprise.

If you go out to the woods today you'd better go in disguise.

Crowley is out sourcing materials for his dedicated tools. He wanders aimlessly through the paths of Granite Park with the wintry sky clear overhead. The trees rise up around him as he hops, skips, jumps, ambles, between them. His heavy coat is wrapped around him with his collar up, shielding his face in mystery. His eyes are cast down as he searches among the leaf litter and scattered, broken, branches.

He seeks the core for a new wand, figuring its time he made a new one, and expand his collection.

Eventually, he stops when he the lake comes into view. Extending an arm he leans on the a pine tree, an enigmatic grin spreading across his face. Sometimes being out in nature provides its own therapy; it is something he needs as his Awakened life lists under the pall of Leeba Bachman's horror and the paranoia of having to constantly watch for Banishers.

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland walks into the park. For the past few months since coming to Sacramento, he's been exploring the city, getting to know all the places. Knowledge is power after all, plus, always good to know the battleground.

For some reason people find it creepy when a dude in a hoodie roams around a cemetery all day, so today he'd decided to explore a park. The Moros in him said, "Yo, Granite Regional Park sounds pretty boss, lets check out some granite cause, you know, granite's a rock. I like rocks!" Turns out though, its just a park. Like, who comes up with these names? Take for instance possum. Big, freaky, lookin’ bitch. Since when did they change it to opossum? When I was comin’ up it was just possum. Opossum makes it sound like he’s irish or something. Why do they gotta go changing everything?

A bit disappointed, he is about to leave when he spots someone he recognises. It was one of the Mages at the concillium meeting, but he didn't meet him. Well, no time like the present for introductions i guess...

Wayland pushes his hood back off his head and walks slowly and obviously towards the man, keeping his hands wide to his sides, to show he is no threat. "Yo, we didnt get a chance to meet the other night. Name's Wayland. Hope im not interrupting bro."

Cast Matter Shield before arrival. 4 successes, -1 mana for SC
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-02-14 07:46:36 Wayland rolls 6 to cast Matter Shield (Matter+Gnosis+HS-2 for 24 hour) SC (10 Again) 5, 8, 2, 10, 1, 8, 9 4 successes

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley turns at the sound of Wayland's approach. For a moment his posture shifts to guarded and his hands flex. But its only for a moment. In the space of a beat his face lights with a grin and he takes a step or two to meet the Stygian Arrow half way, hand extended.

"Well hi! What brings you out into the woods today?"

And once he got a bit closer, he added: "Crowley, former Herald. Seen you around."

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Crowley. Fuck. The First Talon Avis had warned him to be on guard around Crowley. Ohh well. Suck it up princess, its either talk to him or turn around a run away like a freakin' retard.

"Yo, not much hey. I... I guess i like being around 'dense' things. I've only been in town a few months and i'm still kinda exploring, ya know? I saw on the map this place called 'granite park' " said with total finger quotes in the air "and figured, like, that sounds like a place that would suit a guy like me."

Unconsiously, Wayland scans the immediate area for threats. Some habits are hard to break, especially the ones you dont notice you're doing. "So, not prying or anything, but, is there like, a significance to this park i should know?"

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley chuckled.

"No idea. Hell... I hardly come out here! The only reason I'm out here is I wanted to go looking for raw materials. You know... tools and so forth..."

The last was added quietly as Crowley scanned the immediate area for potential eavesdroppers.

In more conversational tones, he continued: "Its a park. One of the few natural spaces we can enjoy around here, I guess. City parks are just... bland. I wanted to get back to nature for a bit."

Crowley looked the Sentinel over more critically.

"Thought you'd be more interested in the skate board park north of here."

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

"Raw materials? What are ya looking for yo? I might be able to help you out with that." he puts his hands up in front of him in a placating manner, "Free of charge bro." Sometimes it helps to grease the wheels, so to speak. Besides, being a Sentinel can make people treat you differently, and if a simple easy free favor can make relations more smooth in the future, thats win win right?

He looks around at the scenery of the park, and not in a very positive way, "I never really got nature, ya know? Give me a crowded apartment building, thats what i used to say. But then i went on my Big Journey, now I dont like crowds, just too noisy. I like places to be quiet, ya know? Like Dead quiet."

"Nagh, skate boarding's not my thing bro. If there is someone dealin' i'd probably go check it out though."

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Eh... Wood. Branches basically. If you find an interesting looking one laying about I'd be interested. And no, before you ask, I'm not taking one that is still part of a tree."

Crowley followed Wayland's gaze. "I suppose. People are where its at. When people gather in numbers and in community, its like magic..." He grinned. [COLOR="#FFA07A]"One of them, hey? I'd have thought you'd be spending some time at the local cemetaries; city has a few scattered around if you go looking."[/COLOR]

The Enchanter looked around for eavesdroppers.

"My Big Trip had me heading out into nature whether I wanted to or not. The forest came to me. Like, knocked a hole through the wall and piled in... Um... Knocked a hole through the opposite wall and carried me off. I did have fun though..."

He started drifting into reverie, huge impish smile spreading across his face. He shook himself.

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wood. That seems simple enough, though one mages trash is another mages treasure, or some crap. Still, it couldn't hurt to have a look around. If something sparks an interest, then perhaps Crowley would also find it interesting.

"Yeah, I've been spending a bit of time at the cemetery behind St Mary's. There are a few locals that got lost. Tryin' to see what I can do, ya know?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley now regards Wayland with interest.

"Thats... Thats great. I don't have the Sight for that sort of thing. Only Truce does in my group and I don't quite know how he uses it. Is it rewarding? Is there a lot who... who need your help?"

His forehead creased as he struggled to find acceptable terminology.

"I stick strictly to the living. We had hopes to cultivate the local area... Thats fallen by the wayside. Now... I try and nurture local musicians. Mixed results though. I don't have much depth."

He shrugged.

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Still looking around for a suitable wooden branch, he shrugs in his hoodie, "Yeah there are a few. There are a lot more who get lost then people realise, though most dont need help to move on. They kinda hang around for a few days before moving on, ya know? Not sure i'd call it rewarding though. To me its kinda like a task that just needs to be done I guess." Yo, is that an appropriate stick? He bends down and picks up a small branch, but its dried out and cracked down the middle. No good.

"Besides, I like to, you know, fix things, so those who get lost are a problem I can help fix, though I doubt i'd be able to smash a solution for one as well as Truce could, but hey, I do what I can."

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread