Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(MY) Order probing

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Miach

PRE

While the scenario pictured by Varyx was grim, it would be foolish to discard it, and Miach resolved to address her legitimate concerns. "The risk you describe is real.

That's why we surround ourself with a host of precautions, not least of which our peer's vigilant watch, and also why we try to keep record of any and all such things. If you can testify that such thing is corrupting to that degree, it is already very precious information in itself for everyone else. Fear doesn't discard danger. You simply must try to face it as ready as can be, or else it will come back and bite you at the most unpleasant of times."
    the Curator stated. Those who didn't learn from the past were condemned to relive it again.

"So, basically, it is a question of assessing the risks, and the precautions..." of course, burning the notes could be simple. Simple-ton, even...

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx nodded. "So, then, the anger at the Consilium meeting I saw was simply a matter of disagreement over risk. You believe the information is worth the risk, and the others.. simply disagree. It's too bad, but I suppose there isn't much that can be done about it." She nodded, apparently satisfied with the discussion. "I do have one further question. I'm curious about the rest of the organization. You suggest I'd make a good Censor, but I'm curious about what other positions there might be." She motioned to Miach. "What exactly at the duties of the Curator, for example? And," her gaze flickered over to Faust, "what position do you hold, doctor? And what of Flidais?"

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Miach

PRE

Again Varyx was showing her keen mind by remembering how quickly the conversation had focused on one particular aspect of a bigger picture. "I would say the most common position you are likely to find are Acquisitor, Censor, Savant, and Curator.

As you can guess by their name, Acquisitors are tasked with increasing our stores of knoweldge. Censors make sure that knowledge is spread only as needed, especially the dangerous one, of course. Curators oversees our stores, deciding who can access what. And Savants delves into the lore we have gathered, trying to make sure it is properly preserved and accessible for the future generations."
    Of course, it was only a vague description in broad strokes, but it should help her eyeball it.

Looking toward Faust to check whether he had anything to add to it, the Acanthus then moved on. "I am the current Curator for Sacramento, for instance, stepping forth after a long term by Dr Tyria Primoria." And those were big shoes to fill.

T
    Trismegistus

Faust listened to Miach's descriptions, interested in how the curator would present them. When Miach looked to him, "I will say I don't think we really need Acquisitors around here, we are small enough in Sacramento that our focus should probably remain hee. Having said that I was an Acquisitor for a few years and now I take the role of Savant; if you have any further questions about either I'd be glad to answer."

Faust's attention turned back to the Curator at the mention of Dr. Primoria. He didn't know anything about her and was curious to hear anything he might say, though decided that now was not the time for any questions on the subject, at least not from him.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Whoops, sorry for the delay!

Varyx nodded in response to their answers. It certainly gave her a clearer idea of what the Mysterium was about. She smiled. "Well, that's good to know, thank you. I can't think of any other information that I'd require that this particular moment. You've certainly both given me plenty to think about. But I wonder - do you have any questions for me?"

Miach

PRE

"I don't have any particular question. I trust that you'll think fairly about what we've spoken about, and come back to any of us if you have questions. Also, I would reiterate that you should get Flidais's opinion on our Order to get the broadest overview available in Sacramento. After that, it's all in your hand..." the Acanthus said, raising his mug in a silent toast, and acknowledgement of Varyx's freewill.

T
    Trismegistus

"I do actually have a couple of questions," Faust said, following after Miach. "Nothing important to whether you join us, though good to know if you do. Are there any particular kinds of work that you enjoy? And what kinds of things are you interested in studying? Not necessarily the kind of study one does with books," he added, "but topics that you want to know more about, to understand, whether mundane or mystical."

Varyx

Presence 4 (Tempting)
    SL 4 (Sultry)
    Evelynn

Presence 2 (Curious)

Varyx stopped and considered Faust's questions. There was a hidden sort of depth to them. She took a long sip from her cup, taking a moment to think about her answer.

"Well, to be honest, I've been considering the possibility of studying law recently. Not likely in any formal capacity - at least, not for now. So that might be something for me to consider. From a more mystical perspective, I think I'd like, hm, essentially an overview of everything. I know very little about mystical theory. My personal knowledge of magic is, at the moment, almost exclusively practical. It's difficult to say what I might like to learn from a mystical perspective, because I suspect it's a case of me not even truly knowing what all there is to learn."
    Characters
    Varyx - Apostate Mastigos
    Evelynn - Winter Wizened

Miach

PRE

Interesting question, and one that Miach would have liked to think about first. It was nice to be surrounded with smart people.

"If you're not only interested in the Sleeper's law, but with ours as well, please note that our Library has a whole section dedicated to the Lex Magica. As for giving you an overview of everything... between me, Faust and Flidais, I'm pretty sure there won't be a lack of tuition should you look for one." Not to mention Pelican if he were to join them later. If only they had an Obrimos with them too, but alas Ermac had to leave...

Perhaps he should talk with her about the Sophiad... though on the other hand, it would perhaps muddle what they had already talked about... it was probably best left for a later time.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread