Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(MY) Order probing

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Miach

PRE

Sitting at the desk that received so many visitors each and every day, the current Curator was idly checking the register while sipping his coffee. Not that he had any purpose in it, but it kept him busy while waiting for Faust and Varyx to arrive. As they had talked, he and the professor would try to provide her with as much insight as possible into the Mysterium's teachings, so she could decide whether she could be interested in joining them, or not.

The Acanthus very much believed in informed decisions, and while he hoped to be persuasive, he had no intention in the slightest to lie. Mystagogues didn't lie.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx arrived a few minutes early, dressed in a casual jeans and t-shirt and looking for all the world like a woman here just to peruse the museum. She had a coffee in one hand from one of the local coffee shops and was just finishing a cookie when she walked into the room and saw Miach waiting there. She paused and smiled when she saw him.

To be honest, she'd been surprised when Miach had called to offer up a meeting to talk about the Mysterium. Given that her previous such meetings had ended with her being told - both times - that she should consider talking to the Silver Ladder, she'd figured that she'd been pegged enough as that 'type' that, while she would have expected Miach to be open to the idea of meeting with her when she'd inevitably gotten around to asking, she hadn't expected him to be the first to reach out to her. Of course, she had no idea that it had been prompted by Faust to begin with, which was something she would have found somewhat less surprising.

Either way, she approach the tall man with a genial smile and took a seat. "Is it okay to be frank here?" she asked, uncertain about whether this location was safe to talk openly about magical topics.

T
    Trismegistus

Faust had been at the museum for a couple of hours before the meeting, taking notes on particular pieces and softly tutting to himself. Since Miach had confirmed that a job at the museum was in the works for him, the professor had been making frequent trips to familiarize himself with the exhibits and doing further study into them outside his trips. Something had been nagging Faust for a few minutes, as if he had forgotten something. He looked up from the pottery he had been studying and looked around only to spot Varyx enter the building (she was difficult not to notice, even at a distance it seemed). "Oh right, the meeting!" he exclaimed to know one in particular and began to make his way in the direction he had seen Varyx go after she came in, arriving in the proximity of his cabal mates about a minute after his fellow Warlock's question.

"Good day," he offered to the Farseeker and Hearth Master, then more directly towards Varyx, "I'm glad you could make it."

Miach

PRE

One of the perks of being an Awakened Curator was that you could book a Museum, and that was just what Miach had done. So it was with an open smile that he greeted and nodded to the tempting Mastigos "Welcome Vee. It is very much so. And will be all the more in the room where I'll erect a Ward." He had to work on his Space Arcana if he ever wanted to satisfy Esmelrada's needs, as well as his paranoid longing for safety exits.

And it was then that Faust joined them, so they were all present. "Welcome too, Faust." The doctor then turned to encompass both Warlocks, and went on "If you'd like to follow me, I'll bring you to an office where we can talk freely."

The tall Acanthus then headed silently toward offices on ground level, and a "Staff only" door. Passing by a couple of regular offices, he quickly brought them to a bland door that he opened, behind which was a spare office prepared for just such meetings. It was nearly devoid of furnitures, and that suited him just fine. Closing the door behind him, he went toward a coffee pot, and tilted his head. "Want some before we start ?" beside was a tray with plenty of sugar, and dehydrated cocoa. Guess who was addicted to ultra-sweet cappuccinos ?

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx smiled at Faust as he entered, faint amusement tugging at her lips at the way he seemed faintly hurried. "Hi, Faust."

She followed Miach into the office and grinned when he went to the coffee pot. "Oh, yes please." Her gaze fell on the cocoa and she licked her lips. Miach, it seemed, was not the only one who had a combined sweet tooth and caffeine addiction.

T
    Trismegistus

"Black, please," Faust asked politely, seemingly unaware of the cues to both his Cabal-mates sugary preferences. Then turning to his fellow Warlock he said, "Varyx, when we met with Councilor Avis you asked our opinions on the Orders. I made a recommendation based upon the limited scope of that conversation, but - and I hope you don't mind - I let the Curator know of your interest," he gestured at Miach. "We certainly have no wish to sway you falsely, but we could use the help if you decided to join us so I wanted to make certain that you had a much better idea of what you could stand to gain, what obligations you might expect, and if you were to join what roles you may find yourself drawn to. I want to make sure you make the most informed decision you can." Faust put his cards on the table hoping that Varyx would respect the more upfront approach. There was also the implication left unspoken in the air: While they would not stoop to trickery to do so the Mysterium had the drive to take steps to actively court her for her membership.

That out of the way Faust sat back, "I wanted you to go into this knowing where I stand, but you should speak primarily with Miach. I will be here to offer what insights I can, and would be glad to answer questions, but he is our Curator." the way Faust spoke the word 'our' it clearly meant the Mysterium, yet there was something about the tone that kept if from sound exclusionary as if Varyx was welcome to include herself if she felt comfortable doing so.

Miach

PRE

If Faust didn't seem to read anything in Varyx's coffee preferences, it wasn't so for the Curator. Miach gladly obliged the female Mastigos, and pushed forward with a knowing smile more sugar and cocoa than she could possibly want. But on the off-chance he had underestimated her taste...

Then the Neokoros started their conversation with an honest and to the point foreword. Credits to the professor. "What you've stated is very true, Faust" the Enchanter agreed appreciatively, before turning toward Varyx.

"If you Mastigos don't mind, though..." and with a quick nod, he started chanting a couple of words they could only be familiar with.

2 successes to Ward, -1 Mana for Spont. Casting
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-02-01 16:14:20 Miach rolls 6 to Gno 2 + Space 2 + HS 2 to Spont. Ward (10 Again) 1, 1, 9, 6, 2, 10, 7 2 successes

"I'll feel more comfortable knowing we have an enhanced privacy." he said, glad to have succeeded on that particular piece of Willworking. He wasn't yet so familiar nor proficient with Space that he could pull it off with confidence, and each time it reassured him.

"First Varyx, would you mind answering two questions, before I start perhaps answering some of yours ?" he asked softly with a thin smile. In case she agreed to that point, he resumed "I take it from your coming here that you haven't decided on an Order, yet, have you ? And that you think there is a possibility you'd be interested in what the Mysterium can teach, right ?" they would all fare better with honesty.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx smiled as she inhaled the deliciously chocolatey scent of her coffee cup and took as sip, watching each Faust and then Miach as they spoke. Well, certainly it explained much that Faust had passed along her interest in finding an Order to Miach after her conversation with the other Warlocks. Still, they were the first to approach her, rather than the other way around. She knew that counted for something, certainly. She'd just have to decide later what that something actually was.

She nodded when Miach asked if they could begin by asking her a few questions, then took another sip of her coffee, to give herself a moment to mull over the answers to each of the questions that followed. "I haven't decided on an Order yet, no. So far, I've spoken to Avis, Star and Arthur about each of theirs, in varying depths. My intention is to speak to at least one representative from each before making any true headway in deciding which I might pursue. While I admit that the Mysterium was not the first one I thought of when considering the options, I'm certainly not going to reject any of them before I have all the information. I've been truly surprised by the responses of everyone I've asked about their Orders so far, so it would be foolish of me to discount yours because my admittedly shallow impressions of the Order." She grinned. "So, in short, yes, I think there's a possibility that I'd be interested in what the Mysterium has to offer."

Miach

PRE

Before you had it, you could never know the outcome of a talk. Let no Acanthus tell you otherwise. But at least that one was starting on ground of shared openness, and Miach was glad of it. "What you're doing is the only sound path in my opinion, and as your Cabalmate, I'm glad you're treading it." he said with a smile to the tempting woman.

"I don't know if we'll be as surprising as the other Orders, though. You know, we're just a bunch of librarians, archaeologist, and nerds, is all..." he started with, winking at Varyx while leaning his head in Faust's direction. Self-deprecating, funny nerds, perhaps, at least.

T
    Trismegistus

Faust smiled at Miach's joke but added, "Which isn't to say we don't have room for those who aren't." He then turned to address the Curator, "I think she would make a good Censor, could probably do the job without being disliked too, their reputation isn't exactly the same as the rest of us."

"How much do you know about the positions in the Mysterium?" he asked Varyx, wanting to see if she had any preconceived ideas of what she might expect.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread