Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Getting the room set up wasn't a problem. It's not a big room sadly. Something else to work on. Arthur waits, sitting in a chair, playing a game on his phone. Maybe Varyx is interested in being a Herald...that'd be awesome. Unless...did something else happen?

Arthur looks up from his phone and stares at the door. Please be something boring.
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

2. Likes Cerberus liked this post

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx arrived punctually at their chosen meeting time, smiling when she walked in and saw him already there. "Afternoon, Arthur. Thanks for meeting with me on such short notice." She approached, taking a quick glance about the room, looking for all the world like she was simply checking out the decor. Only, when she reached him, she asked, "Safe to talk or is there still some voodoo required?" Not that she minded the euphemisms, usually. She just wasn't in the mood for it, today.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Afternoon to you as well." The phone slides back into a pocket and Arthur rises from his chair. His right hand flicks and Will pushes down on the supernal. Sound wrapping and protecting the conversation. "Little voodoo always makes things more interesting." Arthur replies with a grin.

"So what's on your mind? No worries about the short notice, need to stay on my toes."

Influence Sound 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-01-23 10:46:22 Arthur rolls 7 to Bismarck - Influence Sound (10 Again) 4, 8, 4, 2, 3, 10, 6, 10, 7 3 successes

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx returned Arthur's grin and took a seat of her own.

"Two things, one more straightforward than the other," she answered, giving a one-shouldered shrug. "First, Miach told me you were involved in gathering some kind of information on GLO that concerned people from the City Hall in some way? I'm hoping to do a little work on that particular issue and I figured we should have a chat about it before I got into the thick of things."

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ahhh....it was planned for a while." Arthur sits back down into his seat and begins to drum the finger of his right hand on his thigh. "It never really got off the ground. Several individuals at the university have their fingers deep in city hall. Like, I wouldn't poke deeply unless you know they won't be able to find out who you are."

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx's brow furrowed slightly. "Was it the depth of their connections that scared you off of pursuing the plan, or did something else stop it from coming to fruition? Any idea who they've got their fingers into, specifically?"

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Their depth is intimidating for sure. Last thing I wanted to do was to piss off people who could start pulling out documents and shit. There's Names on those. Unless everyone has their papers covered and I was a late bloomer there." The right hand raise to make a flat plane then flips and goes back to drumming on Arthur's thigh. He grimaces. "I wouldn't be surprised if the Mayor knows some of them, the actual Mayor. The Oracles help us if they're influencing him against us. I have no idea how to handle that."

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx winced at the mention of papers. "You and me both. I definitely need to get some papers for myself. Well then, in that case, I'm starting to see why you left well enough alone. Still, the thought of them influencing the Mayor against us is... disconcerting. Maybe it's time to start looking into getting those particular papers, sooner rather than later."

She sighed, then shrugged. "Still, since we're clearly limited on what we can do there until that issue is sorted, perhaps we should simply wait until we can act to discuss it further. And on that note, I have my second question for you. What do you think of the Silver Ladder? Your personal opinion, if you don't mind," she prodded with a grin. "I'm somewhat less interested in the, erm, party line, as it were."

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It's....ahh.." His voice trails off as Arthur looks for phrasing. "It's like I found where I belong?" The frown shifts into a small smile. "I'm not a warrior or a nerd or a spy." A small shrug follows, the Three Pillars are crucial but not for everyone.

"It's like a home away from home for me. A Calling. There's something more for the world and if I can help move it forwards then why not?"
    Right knee crosses over the left. "Before I Awoke I would drink and party a lot. Still do drink a lot but that can be controlled."

"The Ladder helped me grow up and find a place in the world."

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx nods, leaning toward him slightly. "See, that's just it. So far, my impression has simply been that the Silver Ladder takes those who aren't better suited elsewhere. I don't mean any offense. I'm certain there's more to it than that. I just... haven't been able to see what it is."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread