Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Downtown Sacramento, Wayland sits inside Shenanigans. It's a sports bar with a solid attitude, tv screens playing various sports (obviously) and the band, The Shades of Gray, have been playing a set of rock, hip hop, and a bit of funk, to keep the crowd entertained.

It's a place of simple pleasures. A good place to talk and be at ease.

Wayland had already had a quick beer with the owner at the bar, and had managed to reserve a booth in the corner that was relatively protected for conversations.

A beer in a glass sat on the table I front of him untouched, hands clasped in front of him with elbows on the table. Despite being inside, he still had his hoodie jacket up over his head, but not that far forward you can't see his face.

He waits for the Sentinel July to arrive.

Spells on arrival
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-01-08 14:56:48 Wayland rolls 8 to Cast Matter Shield (Gno + Matter + HS) (10 Again) 3, 3, 7, 5, 10, 10, 2, 4, 8, 2 3 successes
    2016-01-08 14:55:49 Wayland rolls 9 to Cast Supernal Vision (10 Again) 6, 8, 4, 1, 7, 10, 10, 8, 8, 4, 7 5 successes

M
    Matrixchild

Dressed in his usual outfit July headed inside the restaurant. This would be the second time lately he'd met someone for drinks, though he knew for a fact things wouldn't end the same way as last time. He had cast his usual spells at home and reminded himself that he needed to learn Forces for sound control. Would make some conversations so much easier. Then again, he was used to speaking in code.

Once he found the man he was looking for he stopped and said, "Hello Wayland." After sitting down he looked at the beer and said, "did you order one for me too? If not," and went to call the waitress over depending on his answer.

4 suxx Shield, 1 suxx Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-01-09 14:54:55 July rolls 6 to Fate Sight (Fate2+Gnos2+HS) (10 Again) 8, 3, 4, 7, 3, 4 1 success
    2016-01-09 14:54:38 July rolls 6 to Fate Shield (Fate2+Gnos2+HS) (10 Again) 3, 8, 10, 10, 3, 2, 9, 4 4 successes

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Sitting at the booth, he watched people arrive and leave, waiting for July. His beer sat in his hands, untouched when he saw a man enter with a cowboy hat. He recognised his gait as "cop walk", and though that didnt identify him as the Sentinel, the glowing aura of magic around him certainly helped.

"Yeah bro, thats me, and you are?" Can never be too cautious with first meetings. He knew Wayland's name, but that didnt mean he was the July he was to meet. "And no, I havent ordered for you. Didnt want to presume, ya know?"

M
    Matrixchild

Suspicion, good. It was best not to make assumptions. "I'm July," he said flagging the waitress down. "I need a scotch, no ice." As he watched the woman walk away he turned back to the fellow mage.

"So you're in the same posse as Varyx?"
    Might as well get right to the point.

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Quick assessment. He gives July a 3 second consideration on what he knows so far. There is an air about him, a sense of authority, even in the decisive way he ordered his drink. Choice of drink suggested simple pleasures, a man with few, if any vices. Best guess was he was a straight up, no bullshit kinda guy. Probably packin heat too.

"Yeah sure am. Probably not the type i'd usually roll with, but the gang we pulled together looks to be a surprising one." Was there something else there?? "And she herself seems to be more a lot more than meets the eye, and there sure is a whole lot to eye, ya know?"

M
    Matrixchild

As the waitress brings his drink he listened to Wayland's response, an eyebrow going up with his comment of 'a whole lot to eye'. "Good to hear. Solos have it tough in this town. But let's get down to the point of the meeting. You wanted more information so here we go: my position acts to keep order and investigate when some wrong doing happens, which we've definitely had between members in the past. I'm looking for someone to assist me with that. Doesn't have to be a fighter, I mean, shit I haven't done any of that for the job since I got here, but I'd like some help keeping the peace in case we have some problems. Anything else you want to know?"

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

That makes sense. Sentinels who have to fight to resolve problems aren't probably very good at there job. That's a last resort kinda scenario.

Change of tack. "Well, I'm not that kind of straight up fighter, ya know? But if you are short on people tryin' to keep the piece and you need someone, I'd be willing to help you out bro." If there is something broken, it can be repaired. Having extra bodies in place to smooth things over between people, and making sure the local memberships don't do the wrong thing is just like preventive maintenance. Perhaps this was the way he could help fix the Awakened in this city.

"Apart from that yo, I just wanted to know what problems there were in the city I might wanna know about. Like, I was lookin' to get some education in and I heard that there was a problem with the "enrolment committee", said with fingers in the air for the speech bubble action "but our group are already looking into that."

M
    Matrixchild

"Well I'd certainly appreciate the help," he said taking a sip of his scotch. "About the trouble there's a couple things I obviously can't go into detail about here, but I'm looking into some murders and some drugs issues. Some other people have their own investigations as well and have just been keeping my updated. I'd ask you to do the same with yours, help keep the information flowing." He wasn't sure exactly what he meant by 'enrollment committee'. Possibly 'Banisher U'? That would certainly make sense. If he was with Varyx's cabal then he as with Miach as well, and Miach was all about the GLO problem as well, even if he couldn't seem to get a solid investigation going about it lately.

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland nods as he listens, and finally takes a small sip of his beer. It's noticeably the first touch of his drink since this meeting began, perhaps as a sign of him beginning to relax around the Sentinel.

"Yeah, our group is looking into the drug issue as well, like, on the supply side, ya know? I'll give ya a run down at the next group meeting."

Sitting his beer bottle back down on the table, Wayland leans back against the booth and shoves his hands in the pocket of is hoodie, "Well, if you need help with your line of work yo, and you'd be willing, then you can sign me up bro."

M
    Matrixchild

July gave the first hint of a smile since he got there. "That's good to hear, on both accounts. I'll let the big man know you'll be helping out in the role at the next meeting. He may want to speak to you as well."

July grabbed his glass and finished the rest of his scotch. "Well with that detail settled, do you have any other questions?" Straight to the point like usual.

I think we're fine to wrap unless you have other stuff to talk about. I want to make sure we have this scene in continuity before the next Consilium

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread