Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Drinks with the Sentinel

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

First she drained her drink, which was sexy enough, but then she leaned in all sultry like. July was not a ladies man, but first Einstein, now Varyx. Maybe fate really had guided him to Sacramento. "I'm glad to hear you saw it too. I just try to stick to my guns," Ha. "and speak my mind when I don't agree with something."

He downed his own scotch. "But this town does burn hot, some more than others. I bet you know a thing or two about that." Leaning in towards her he said, "sometimes it's good to get a little primal. Let the fire show you what's best." There were many times when July would be described as cold and composed. But not when it came to anger. He definitely had a fire in there.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Oh god. The cheese.

Apparently July had taken her implication about 'heat' and ran with it. Ran really, really far. Still, though, there was something charming about watching the straight-shooting Sentinel flirt with her. Nothing wrong with a man who gets straight to the point. Besides, flattery will get you everywhere with a girl like Varyx.

She licked her lips, resting her chin on her palm and looking up at him through thick lashes. "Only a thing or two?" she teased, chuckling. "I'm almost offended. I know far, far more than that about what it is to burn hot, cowboy."

M
    Matrixchild

He watched her lips and all he could think was that she must find him pretty smooth at the moment, but he didn't want to press his luck. He may have Fate on his side, but if she was looking for a true smooth operator than she came to the wrong place.

He smirked at her comment and said, "Well I've always been a fan of the expression 'actions speak louder than words'." He suspected she was accustom to men fawning over her. Hell, July was starting to get surprised that he was fawning over her. He normally controlled himself better and tried to keep things professional with the opposite sex, just to avoid complications. Well, except with Einstein. Maybe the Warlock was slowly casting her own kind of spell on him. Not that he minded much at the moment. All he could do was pass a challenge into her corner and see where she took it.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Well then, it was a damn good thing she wasn't looking for smooth, wasn't it?

Varyx could be smooth, herself, which might have been why she was finding this little back-and-forth with July so very entertaining. She could play the game with the best of them, but the best were never sincere in their desires. There was always an angle, always an ulterior motive. They were always trying to "win" in a way that meant putting one over on their partner, instead of just aiming for a good time. Varyx knew all this, because she was one of them - playing the game, looking to one-up everyone else... But sometimes, it was nice to just let off some steam. To relax and a have a little fun without so much concern for a social misstep or how the interaction could be twisted to her own advantage.

Her lips parted slightly and she tilted her head, a smile ghosting over her lips. "As am I. Tell me, do you dance?" she asked, lifting her hand for him to take.

M
    Matrixchild

His composure was pushed to the limit. He had not had nearly enough to drink for dancing, but he couldn't turn her down now. He'd made his intentions clear and so had she. Obviously she was less like Einstein and wanted to have some fun and if July wanted things to stay interesting he'd have to follow her lead. He did put the ball in her court after all.

He laughed slightly before responding. "I certainly know how, though you won't see me entering any contests with my skills." He stood up from his seat, wishing very much that he had ordered another scotch and held out a hand. "Guess we'll see how I do." At least he could take solace in the fact that if he failed miserably then she would know that the big, scary Sentinel who yelled in Consilium had two left feet. Wait was that solace or terror?

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx smirked, pushing herself gracefully to her feel and taking the offered hand. "Don't worry so much," she answered, sounding amused. "Practice does make perfect, after all."

She had no issue with the idea of taking the lead, here, and she had the heart to find them a spot off in a corner of the dancefloor, away from prying eyes. She'd still get to see his supposed lack of skill, but she hoped at least he might relax if he didn't have to do so in front of the whole bar. "Relax," she purred, smiling. Her hands came up to rest on his shoulders and she looked expectantly at him. "You'll move better if your body isn't stiff as a board." Her hips started swaying slowly to the music.

M
    Matrixchild

It looked like they were about to do some practicing. Man he really needed another scotch.

July was very much one for taking the lead. He liked to be in control. Strangely that desire wasn't as prevalent when it came to women. Sure he could take charge, but he enjoyed watching Varyx take command of the situation. He followed her off to the side, away from most prying eyes and focused on her. He felt her hands go up to his shoulder and instinctually his hands went to her hips.

And they weren't in the 'dancing with your sister' position. More the 'we both know where this is going' position though without actually placing them on her ass. That would just be tactless out in public like this. "I will certainly try to loosen up," he said with a smirk as he started to move along with her.

Thank God he didn't fuck up. It was as he said, he wouldn't be winning any contests but he certainly didn't look like an idiot.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-01 14:06:56 July rolls 4 to So you think you can dance (Dex+Exp) (10 Again) 9, 3, 2, 5 1 success

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Well. So much for having two left feet. Varyx grinned. He wasn't that bad after all.

"I'm certain I don't know what you're talking about. You're not half bad at all."

...Which was precisely the point at which she got distracted by the feeling of his hands sliding dangerously close to her ass, shifted her stance to "help" and proceeded to step on his foot. With her balance out from under her, she had to grasp at him to keep herself from falling over, and ended up practically falling into the man, sending them both stumbling a few steps. The only reason she didn't end up falling over was because July was already holding her up.

A blush swept across her cheeks and she giggled, resting her forehead against his shoulder out of an inability to actually look him in the eye after that. "See? You're better at this than I am," she observed, laughing.

It wasn't the first time she'd embarrassed herself. That was just part of life. The key was the recovery, and being able to laugh at yourself was a pretty good start.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-01 14:21:01 Varyx rolls 5 to Is an idiot and can't figure out her dice pool for dancing (Dex+Exp) (10 Again, WillPower) 7, 3, 5, 1, 3 failure

M
    Matrixchild

"Well thank you," he said, just as she stumbled towards him. In the midst of stepping on his feet and collapsing into him she had actually ended up closer than he had intended to get on the dance floor. Maybe his hands had distracted her. Or the fact he actually succeeded in dancing. Either way he stopped the dance before it got too far, feeling her forehead against his shoulder and their bodies closer than ever.

After hearing her playful recovery and laugh he reached down, putting his index finger under her chin and gently tilting her head up. "Looks more like it was all according to plan," he said with a chuckle before softly kissing her on the lips.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx looked up at him, well aware of how close they were, cocking an eyebrow as he suggested that it was all going according to her plan. And while that was strictly true, he was giving her too much credit, since the whole reason she was having so much fun with him was because she didn't have a plan, for once. There was something very freeing about not feeling like you need to be thinking 3 steps ahead all the time, and July's forward bluntness was exactly what she needed to feel that way.

Once he kissed her, she responded by sliding her hands up from where she'd tried to catch herself against his shoulders until her arms were hung loose around his neck, and smiled against his lips.

"Perhaps we should continue this elsewhere," she observed quietly. People were starting to give them looks.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.