Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Sunstone) Exit 185

Oct 14, 2015 : (Sunstone) On the Road, Again
(Sunstone) Primal Welcomes
Jan 16, 2016 - Feb 2, 2016
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

The rest stop.

The ubiquitous, but necessary, fixture the concrete spiderwebs between cities. A place to stretch one's legs, relax, and get a breath of fresh air (excluding the rest area rest rooms).

It's also a great place to let a thirty year old van catch a breath and cool off.

"Oh, hey. Avis?"

Shoes scuffed on gravel, skittering rocks and raising a small cloud.

"Like, July, Ermac, and me, yeah, like the three of us, I dunno, we don't think Emrys is working out."

It's a great place for a nice quiet conversation, right?
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Two pings flow into the Pattern as Arthur renews Sight and Protection. Looking at his phone Arthur mulls the options before turning it off. Any Fallen Angel could track any of the phones. Maybe a book would have been a good idea, read up on local history some more. There's no way the town hasn't been swayed by an Awaken at some point.

Eyes glance over at Star and Avis before going back to looking past the van and towards the road. This is going to get awkward.

Unseen Shield and Read Matrices
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-11-17 22:08:47 Arthur rolls 7 to Exit - Read Matrices (10 Again) 2, 3, 2, 4, 2, 5, 8 1 success
    2015-11-17 22:08:35 Arthur rolls 7 to Exit - Unseen Shield (10 Again) 6, 6, 5, 2, 6, 8, 6 1 success
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The Warlock came to an abrupt stop, the circuit she'd been pacing around the van obliterated by the loss of momentum.

"Um...you do realize that Emrys is just over there, right?"
    Avis asked, her eyes falling on Star, then July, then Ermac. They landed on Arthur last.

"And it's really not a good time to piss someone off when you're counting on them to support you. You know that right? Like, people might try to kill us soon. I'd really, really prefer to have us at least pretend shit is ok until that's over than have someone shit themselves in rage before we even get to the actual conflict."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Emrys

PRE

Emrys stretched once he got out of the van and continued to do so until his name was first said. Furious eyes flew first to the one who spoke it like heat seeking missiles, then to July and Ermac. When Avis pointed him out he only shook his head.

"It's pretty deliberately timed. Almost half a year since we were last together as a group and he picks now to have this talk?" He said as he turned his attention to Star. "You chose this to try and give me the chance to defend myself or so our group as a whole could have this discussion. Not sure which though."

The Enchanter twisted his mouth up into a smile that did nothing to diminish the anger in the rest of his expression. As annoyed as he was, someone had finally taken the step to talk to him about it.

"Thank you for having the basic strength of character to say something in my presence rather then whispering behind my back like the sniveling cowards that tried to hide behind you, but I do think Avis is right. I'd prefer not to have this conversation before a combat scenario when someone can very easily say something they can't take back."

M
    Matrixchild

July did not like awkward situations. Well, ones that he didn't create. You can't just leave those types of awkward situations, you have to sit in it and feel the uncomfortable feelings. Now awkward because July was angry was an entirely different matter. That kind of situation was perfectly fine in his book, especially since he usually felt his anger was justified. But going back into a van after this was brought up was something he wanted less than anything in the world right now. He'd rather be in a quick draw with a Banisher than this situation.

As others looked to him he kept his face blank. He thought it was silly for Emrys to call him a coward. July in no way hid the fact the two didn't get along. Hell, the only time they didn't fight was when they were shooting. But the first Cabal dinner? The last Consilium? Hell, all the way back at the Path meeting? July had made it clear he disagrees with Emrys and thinks he is flat out wrong most of the time. But he wasn't going to bring all that up now. Avis as right, they'd deal with this when we got home.

E
    Ermac

Stepping out into the California sun, Ermac's glasses swiftly darkened from crystal clear lens to solid black shades. Ultra-violet transition coating came in handy for many reasons. Primarily for protecting one's vision. Secondarily, no one could see who exactly he was looking at.

Thoughts drifted back to Star's assessment of him. Running from a fight was what came to the surface of his mind.

"While I agree, this is not the most opportune time, but, I'll roll with it." The Obrimos's head lilted to one side, "I simply don't care enough to be straightforward with you, Emrys." He honestly and callously remarked. "I told you a long time ago, you're the cause of your own problems. Behold the fruits of your labor."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Yep, there he is.

A bland look is shifted from the Warlock to the Enchanter. More rocks are kicked. Can you skip stones on gravel? Or pavement?

"Uh, actually? Nah. It just felt like a good time."
    Some people's bad times are other people's good times. True story.

"Plus, the drive's been a little boring."

So there it is. The invisible elephant is now officially In The Room. Sure, people can ignore it, or even procrastinate, but it's there. And everyone knows it.

"But, like, calling people 'sniveling cowards' sure didn't, uh, help."

Like, at all.
    - Roald Dahl

8. Likes Teeramus, Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Alright, ya know what? Fuck it," Avis cursed throwing her hands up in the air. "Let's get everything out in the fuckin' open then, since we've already opened the goddamn can of bullshit."

"You three," she continued, throwing a limp hand in the direction of Star, July, and Ermac, "don't like Emrys here because he's an opinionated ass. Emrys here is an opinionated ass because he feels the crushing pain of our enforced solitude and takes out all of the frustration and angst at being unable to connect with others by trying to bully his opinions onto them. Almost as if, by agreeing to his opinions, he'll somehow reach a connection with them. A synthesis through tyranny. Yeah, you fuckin' heard me, Emrys, you miniature fuckin' tyrant. What do you have to say for yourself?

"I'd ask Ermac, but he's too used to being ostracized, and I'd ask July, but I sense that he prefers to talk with gunpowder and slide actions."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

10. Likes Teeramus, Kelreth, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Whoah, whoah, WHOAH."

Eyes widened and fingers splayed outward.

"Dude. Really? Reeeaaally? Like when did, ever, someone being an opinionated ass ever bother me?"

Seriously. Let's do the roll call. Zoey. Einstein. There's two, undeniably. Is there a big third name missing? Maybe. Also: Lycus. Gyges. There's a long list, yo. A super long list.

"I don't like him because he stabs people, people he should be cool with, in the back."
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Teeramus, Cayce liked this post

Emrys

PRE

An uncaring shrug was the only response Star got for his opinion on Emrys' coward remark. Emrys blinked at Avis almost hitting the nail on the head and Star's accusation of treachery.

"Few things." The Enchanter started as he folded his arms and leaned back on the van. "I don't really give a shit if people agree anymore, and as close as you are to me generally that actually has nothing to do with why I'm thoroughly disgusted by July and Ermac."

Eyes like daggers settled on their first target, and Emrys' mouth twitched just slightly at the sight of July. "Within weeks of becoming our cop July had his first trailblazing meeting. He wanted the voices of the subcommittees to be united as an official council of their own without the need to report back to the actual council. I told him that undetermined the sovereignty of the existing committee and was completely unnecessary because we already did reports every meeting, and his solution was to get up and scream in my face. During his little tirade he disavowed the importance of our laws and society, only focusing on the violence his title justified him to do."

"My problem with July, is that right after becoming one of our cops he not only refused to talk about the rules of our society but attacked me for trying to talk about them in his presence. He openly said he'd go behind the backs of the people that didn't support him and I think his only desire is to do violence under the mask of cop. He's toned down his rhetoric until the last meeting, but I don't think that was the result of a change in philosophy but a result of his total lack of a following among our path. He's said he'll break our rules to do violence and has gotten in my face twice, so no I'm not pretending to do more then tolerate him."

Emrys shrugged before turning his attention to Ermac. "Ermac used his position in my philosophy club to try and tell one of our people she didn't have the right to hold an opinion she had. Sure, archery is a lie is bullshit, but rather then show her the good that can be done with them he tried to silence her and say she didn't have the right to have an opinion he didn't approve of. Since then he's shown a total lack of a spine. He practically ran away when July flashed his guns at a waitress at a bar, he's refused to even talk at length about volunteering with the Sacramento State problem, and I've seen him whisper behind my back. He's been an immediate obstacle for me and Arthur who have been ready to get at the University and help since early to mid July."

"As for the accusations of treachery," He said looking to Star. "I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. Was it the issue at the Lorehouse or something else?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread