Ended
Watch

Edwin Meets the Seneschal

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    s
    sumthingpositiv

Bowing her head in acknowledgment, Katya smiles. "Well your patience is appreciated." she raises her head she gets out a piece of paper and writes down Tomas' number. "I can certainly give you Hierophant warren's number. At the moment, there is no Ventrue Priscus as the former Priscus Sterling is now Reeve. Since no predecessor was appointed, I will conduct your re-Acknowledgement and get that out of the way. so I apologize if this is all old news to you."

She hands Edwin the slip of paper and then rises from her seat.

"As you recall, the http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Laws_of_the_Domain are located here in Elysium and as always, you can direct any questions to me or the Keeper of Elysium, Martha Villiers." She couldn't remember if Martha was still Keeper when he was around so it didn't hurt to re-iterate. "Of significant importance are the Traditions. Servants, Ghouls and childer who have violated them will be answered by them and yourselves. Only his Majesty or myself can call a Blood Hunt. However, ultimately the Right of Destruction lies solely with His Grace." Her hand gestures towards him , "As you probably know, you are required to attend all formal Courts, Proper etiquette is expected to be upheld at each one. Failing to do so omits your Acknowledgment and will require petitioning for re-acknowledgment, or in your case re-re-acknowledgement. Petitions and requests are to be filed with your future Priscus or me and His Grace is the only one who determines who is bound by blood to another."

She doesn't speak in a rapid pace, but doesn't talk so slowly to emphasize the rules as Edwin has more than likely heard them. "Lastly, you know his Grace has put a ban on interfering, in anyway, with the lives of first responders and caregivers. And finally.." she raises her head and then lowers it to make eye contact with Edwin. "During your absence have you Edwin Bridges committed Amaranth?" she didn't have David or martha to aid her, but at least she had the Formal word to rely in should anything come up.

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin leans forward, taking the slip of paper, the Hierophant's number, by pinching it between two fingers before slipping it away inside his leather jacket.

The rules and regulations of the domain hadn't changed on the months he'd been away, which was something at least. The fact that there was no Priscus of Lords brought a raised eyebrow, remembering the time when they all gathered to choose a leader, which was basically whomever His Grace hadn't opposed. Hearing that Josephine had become Reeve didn't surprise him one bit; just another reminder of Lordly supremacy.

Katya's final question did make Edwin chuckle because, as far as he could ever remember, he had never been asked so blatantly.

"I can categorically confirm, with Hel as my witness, I have never divulge such a depraved act."

The thought of creating a ghoul sickened him; sucking down on another's soul? No thanks.
    Scenes

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin leans forward, taking the slip of paper, the Hierophant's number, by pinching it between two fingers before slipping it away inside his leather jacket.

The rules and regulations of the domain hadn't changed on the months he'd been away, which was something at least. The fact that there was no Priscus of Lords brought a raised eyebrow, remembering the time when they all gathered to choose a leader, which was basically whomever His Grace hadn't opposed. Hearing that Josephine had become Reeve didn't surprise him one bit; just another reminder of Lordly supremacy.

Katya's final question did make Edwin chuckle because, as far as he could ever remember, he had never been asked so blatantly.

"I can categorically confirm, with Hel as my witness, I have never indulged in such a depraved act."

The thought of creating a ghoul sickened him; sucking down on another's soul? No thanks.
    Scenes

s
    sumthingpositiv

Smiling, Katya tilts her head to him and says "Welcome back to Sacramento then Mr. Bridges." her lips curl for a moment as she ponders how to bring him up to speed on other issues in the domain. It seemed daunting to has the same old news, but he needed to know. She gets out another slip of paper and writes something down, sliding it to him as she holds a finger over her mouth.

"WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED HERE. FOLLOW ME TO MY CAR AS THERE IS MORE TO DISCUSS" it reads.

"was there anything else you'd like to discuss with me?" she asks

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin looked slightly puzzled as he took and read the second note, eyes glancing up to the Seneschal before looking over his shoulder, somehow expecting a knife in the back at any moment.

He turned back to Katya and replied with a nod, slipping the note away. He offered a smile. "No, thank you, Seneschal, you have been more than generous with your time."

Standing to leave, Edwin offered a polite bow of the head before moving towards the exit, pausing to see if the Savage will join him or not.
    Scenes

s
    sumthingpositiv

"Excellent. Well then, I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors Mr. Bridges. Please let me know if you need any further assistance." Rising from her seat, Katya heads for the door. "I'm actually on my way out so I will leave with you."

She opens and holds the door, waiting for Edwin to follow her out before closing the door and locking it. Once she's sure he is close behind, Katya heads up the stairs. The music of the club make it impossible to carry on smalltalk so Katya doesn't bother as she leads Edwin through the crowd. It's when they are outside that she says "This shouldn't be too long, depending on where you're parked I can give you a ride there if you'd like to save yourself the walk."

She leads him to the third floor of the parking garage where her SUV is located. Unlocking the door with her remote, she waits until Edwin is in the passenger seat with the door shut before hopping in the drivers side and doing the same.

"My apologies for the clandestine behavior but things have occurred during your absence that you should be made aware of." she says as she starts the engine of the car to provide them more concealment with the noise. Turning to Edwin she asks "Tell me Mr. Bridges, are you familiar with Erika Brady and Citrus Heights? If so, tell me everything you know about both."

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Exiting alongside Katya, Edwin kept his eyes and ears as open as he could. Still, the music pounding in his mind and the sights of gyrating women was enough to draw his attention away from any potential danger. Once out in the crisp air, Edwin paused before agreeing to the Seneschal's offer, following her to her vehicle, all the while wondering just what this was about. After climbing in to the passenger seat, and listening to her explanation and question, he simply shook his head.

"Then I'm afraid to say this is gonna be quite the waste of your time. I've heard of both, yeah, but beyond that, I know zip. Brady is the Regent of Citrus Heights, right?"
    Scenes

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya eases back in her seat as she contemplates where to begin.

Priscus Regan, no wonder you look so tired and grim half the time.

With a sigh Katya begins. "When it comes to safety, nothing is a waste of my time. As of this time, Brady is no longer acknowledged in this domain, having missed a Formal Court proceeding and no longer has the protection of his Grace. that is only the tip of the iceberg, Brady has been guilty of committing several suspicious acts that threaten His majesty's Domain, one of which includes Diablarie. Therefore, you are advised to stay out of Citrus Heights, as well as the Yolo Bypass as both areas are deemed unsafe. Brady's accomplices include a Ventrue named Cotouri, a Gangrel named Rayhna, a Shadow named Wilhelm Von Shusten and a Nosferatu by the name of Peter Baldwin. All of these kindred mean certain death so it is advised to speak to Reeve Sterling if you hear any information about them. Rest assured, plans are in the works in dealing with this but I cannot in good conscience let you in this domain without knowing the dangers."

Pinching the bridge of her nose for a moment while she checks to make sure she is not being watched, Katya continues. "Brady knows Citrus Heights well and might have access to spying on what is discussed in Nox, hence, any discussion about this matter in Elysium is unwise due to security reasons. As if that is not bad enough, Cotouri is believed to be skilled in her clan's ability to Dominate her will over others. Such an attack was made through the thrall of one of our own citizens. Therefore, if you notice anyone who seems safe as an ally and is acting suspicious, please let one of us know."

She turns to Edwin to make sure he is still with her and raises her eyebrows. "Do you have any questions so far Mr. Bridges?"

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Listening keenly, Edwin crossed his arms as Katya explained the current situation within the Domain, wondering how this had happened so quickly.

"Fuck," he replied, summing up his feelings in one curse, removing the polite veneer now they were in private. "I recognise the name of Baldwin. He was around when I first arrived in the city. Last time I saw him was during a bout of Monomacy where he brought Final Death on some poor bastard who's name escapes me. In all honesty, he seemed like a sadistic sonovabitch that seemed to find pleasure in making his opponent suffer. It was hard to stomach."

At the mention of questions, he simply shook his head. However, a thought did enter his mind. "Before leaving, Chris was Reeve and made me one of his Deputies, along with Miss Ashley Cohen. Do you know if Reeve Sterling has deputized anyone yet?"
    Scenes

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya would have chuckled if the subject matter wasn't so grave. at this point, how could one not laugh at such dire circumstances? When Edwin mentions Monomacy, Katya's mind flashes back to Marco, and she wonders just how often these Monomacies occur. Perhaps that was why some kindred visited but never stayed.

"My understanding was that Mr. Baldwin fell behind on a mission at the Yolo Bunker where Cotouri was located. It is believed that she has somehow done something to warp his mind towards working for Brady. Nevertheless, it's at least good you understand how dangerous he is, as I had not heard of him until he was spotted in the domain by someone else."

At his inquiry for Deputy Katya shakes her head. "To my knowledge, we have no deputies. If Chris was confident enough to deputize you, I'd highly recommend contacting the Reeve soon and discussing the matter with her. as you can probably gather, we are horribly outmatched in terms of martial prowess and the more help we have the better."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.