Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FJ) Search for the Killer

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Computer Research | 5suxx over 2.5 hours
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-11-06 09:52:17 [05] Truce rolls 6 to research look online for information concerning Justine's killer [INT+Com+Equip1] (10 Again) 6, 4, 2, 7, 8, 4 1 success
    2015-11-06 09:52:17 [04] Truce rolls 6 to research look online for information concerning Justine's killer [INT+Com+Equip1] (10 Again) 5, 5, 6, 10, 2, 7, 2 1 success
    2015-11-06 09:52:17 [03] Truce rolls 6 to research look online for information concerning Justine's killer [INT+Com+Equip1] (10 Again) 9, 3, 1, 8, 10, 6, 5 3 successes
    2015-11-06 09:52:17 [02] Truce rolls 6 to research look online for information concerning Justine's killer [INT+Com+Equip1] (10 Again) 1, 7, 5, 5, 3, 1 failure
    2015-11-06 09:52:17 [01] Truce rolls 6 to research look online for information concerning Justine's killer [INT+Com+Equip1] (10 Again) 4, 4, 1, 5, 6, 3 failure
    While Truce had offered to search for clues regarding Justine's killer, he can't say he is an expert in computers. Having his desktop computer on hand at his Sanctum allowed him full access to the internet and its search engines. But the web is a big place and not all of it is rooted in academia. Following the digital footprint of Justine's killer decades after the offense might not prove as easy as he thought.

He knew the general age of the man, where he went to school, his name, and the article from the library regarding his DUI. With that much to go on he might be able to gleam something from the web, or at least a bread crumb with which to follow.

Once Truce learns of anything, I will have him invite Pelican and Miach to meet with him in the following post

C
    Casitive

For the internet being a vast sea of information, imposing and infinite, it doesn't reveal its secrets easily. Maybe the boyfriend doesn't have a footprint: no facebook, twitter, or even a filled out google plus profile. It makes sense, anyway, the man must be in his late forties or fifties by now. Things like Social Media and 'Web 2.0' are the domain of Millennials, the ones who understand what it means to be lonely in a crowded room.

Finally, Truce finds what he's looking for.

Another couple of arrests and a couple of blotter reports point him to a run-down place in Sacramento.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce makes a call to his companions who have been helping him on this matter and informs them that he has an address, though little else. He asks that they meet him in that neighborhood if they wish to see this through to the end.

Equipment: Cell Phone, Crystal, Magical Tool, Mid-Size Car

Truce makes his way to the area of the address to rendezvous with the Magi. They still have yet to decide what their next step should be. What state might the man be in today? Did he regret? Or had he abandoned his guilt, taking no responsibility for his actions?

Miach

PRE

Equipment: Cell Phone, Magical Tool, Mid-Size Car, First Aid Kit in the trunk

1 success to Shield; 4 successes to Sight; -2 Mana Cloaked
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-11-10 16:10:56 Miach rolls 9 to Wit 3 + Occ 3 + Rote Speciality 1 + Prime 2 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 to Supernal Vision (10 Again) 4, 7, 4, 9, 1, 3, 9, 2, 10, 9 4 successes
    2015-11-10 16:10:29 Miach rolls 9 to Res 3 + Ath 2 + Life 4 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 to Organic Resilience (10 Again) 6, 6, 6, 3, 8, 7, 3, 2, 2 1 success

After he had received the call from Truce, Miach made another couple of calls to arrange for his time. Once it was all in order, the doctor grabbed a few things, and drove to the address given by the Moros Councilor. All the while, he wondered what it would be like. Would they face the wreck of a man tormented by a lifetime of guilt ? Or some carefree man who had forgotten all about it a mere couple of months after the fact ? And what should they be doing ? He was a doctor, not a judge by any means... But he owed it to himself to at least make contact with the man.

Parking a block aside from the address, the Enchanter walked toward the rendezvous point, hoping to gather enough wits to handle the whole situation appropriately.

L
    LoneRanger

"Cheers man, good to hear you. Give me some time"

so I end up my phone conversation with Truce. I grab my jacket and... into the night. Getting a bus, using public system, I arrive afoot at the meeting place.

The customary friendly smile is on as I spot the Councilor car. With a grim light in my eyes, I move toward Mr. Fear Impala and greet him friendly the convened Magi.

"Good to see you all, here. Finally we meet."

First of all the prophesying gods, I pay my respects to Earth. So starts the Aeschylus' Eumenides.

4 suxx. Cast home.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-11-11 08:11:29 Pelican rolls 9 to to cast Unseen Aegis(9) at home +HS (cap 3)=11 (10 Again) 6, 6, 5, 9, 5, 9, 6, 9, 9 4 successes

Equipment=smartphone, backpack, inside bottles of water.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Once the three Magi have arrived, Truce exits his car so that they can proceed to the residence on foot.

"Thank you for coming. It's just this way," he says to them while leading the way.

The place appears run-down, perhaps impoverished or abandoned, and Truce begins to wonder if he has indeed gotten the correct address. Of course there is only one way to know for sure. He keeps his voice low between them.

"We cannot tell him our reasons for coming of course. Perhaps I could call upon any Ghosts in the area to ask if they've bore witness to this man's activities. Or we could fabricate an excuse to speak with him. I can only manipulate a Sleeper's way of thinking so much but it might allow us to get our foot in the door. What do you think?"

Miach

PRE

Once they were together, all three Magi of course compared their take on the issue at hand. As for the Enchanter, he had his own, optimistic view of the situation.

"I don't know. No matter how we handle this, nothing short of a confession will do now, so we can't be too roundabout. I can probably frighten him, or we could threaten to curse him... but I would rather not resort to threats if we can merely convince him to confess to her father. It's been ages now, perhaps it has weighed on his mind..."

And if it hadn't, then he was sure that they could find many many ways to convince him to confess, if needed.

L
    LoneRanger

I listen with attention to what Truce and Miach says. Then I tell them with a grim:

"Avenging the poor Justine by killing the culprit? To what end? Justine passed to her final rest place. What would her father's solace be... now? What would it be? Poor man, we saw him.

My gaze points at the Councilor.

" At this point, the best thing we can do" a small moment of silence "is to insure this guy get his richly deserved punishment. Admitting of course he's not punishing himself. A miserable life could be in itself a punishment.

Then I watch the surrounding area, the condition of repair of the streets and how much it is dirty. I consider these as I give a look at the apartments.

In case we might want to take a look inside his house, this would be an easy objective with a bit o' Matter

C
    Casitive

As they approach the home, a single floor ranch, the group of magi can hear the banal sound of television. Plastic smiles and sounds that have been psychologically approved to create specific responses in people. Commercials. Game-shows.

An older car sits in a drive-way.

The lawn is neat, but it isn't something that will win any prizes.

One could call it serviceable. But it's a desperate attempt to not appear 'lower middle-class.'

L
    LoneRanger

two days elapsed.

As we move toward the home and we spot the old car, I give a quizzical look at it. of course, talking of Ethics and so on is always very interesting, but Philo 101 or Law 101 has never been attended. Amen to that.

Back to the grind ugh!

"Hey Miach, see that car? Could it have the same number plate? I know, small chanche but, hey who knows."

I tell this to the good doctor with a good smile and a friendly voice.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread