Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Witnesses of the south's meeting

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Richelieu made his way to the restaurant where he made an appointement with Temoins du sud cabal. He arrived early and wondered if that meeting would go better than the one with Avis and Bahlam. He certainly hoped so and would see very quickly if the place was cursed or not. For the occasion, he wore formal clothes, though nothing too fancy as to not attract too much attention. As usual, he brought a book whose title read 'Richelieu, the rise of france'.

He didn't know what the cabal member looked like and he wasn't sure wheter the reverse was true. So, bringing that book with him would be a discreet if not too subtle way to indicate who he was to mages he met for the first time ....

@%1;, @%1; , @%1; , @%1;

OOC

First roll I didn't correctly set the dicepool
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-08 06:28:01 Prime sight (Cloaked, 1 mana paid) rolls 5 to Prime + Gno + HS - 2 Advanced duration (10 Again) 9, 4, 8, 7, 9 3 successes
    2015-10-08 06:26:51 Life armour (Cloaked, Mana paid by Hallow) rolls 6 to Life + Gno + HS - 2 advanced duration (accidental roll before) (10 Again) 4, 10, 5, 1, 5, 6, 4 1 success
    2015-10-08 06:26:20 Life armour (Cloaked, Mana paid by Hallow) rolls 1 to Life + Gno + HS - 2 advanced duration (10 Again) 9 1 success

Flidais arrived, a long flowing and hippy-esque dress about her as she entered the restaurant, he hair was a slight mess as if she changed at the last possible minute and didn't have time to quite get the preparation rituals right. Puppy was back at the cabal, Flidais felt a pang of sadness as she noticed her closest packmate was not by her side, but with a breath she cleared her mind and headed towards a familiar face.

"Howdy."
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Something Crowley this way comes.

He has taken a more formal approach, too, with a suit. The effect is... challenged... by his choice of shoes (loud things with spats and his customary bandana. His face brandishes an enigmatic smile like a weapon. He inflicts it on anyone who gives him stares. As a sign of trust, the Enchanter has forsworn drawing on the Supernal for this meeting; it doesn't stop his senses tingling when he spots Fildais. Tracking Richelieu was more difficult, given the Acanthus has only seen the Mastigos on a few occasions.

He homes in on his cabal mate, trusting her to have located the one they seek.

To his cabal mate: "Hi." He beams a grin.

To man with the book. "Nice book. I heard he gave those musketeers a jolly old time." He graces Richelieu with a smile and extends his hand before taking a seat.

He nodded to the woman when she came in the restaurant and invited her at his table. Soon after a man came in and he was invited all the same. Rîchelieu returned the handshake of Crowley and offered one to Flidais.

"Greetings there, Miss, Sir. Sit at the table and browse the menu. I am sure you'll find something to your liking there."

He put the book away to answer Crowley's question.

"I am sure that's what novels are telling about the man. The historic reality is a bit different. As far as I understand it, the Cardinal was responsible for a great many things. Some say he was the first true 'prime minister'. And there are a few places in France named after him."

Then a waiter approached and politely offered menus to all the mages present, unaware of their true natures.

"Anyways, there is a lot to be said about Cardinal Richelieu and it would take more time than we have tonight. How about we take a look at the menu while the rest of the group come to join us?"

gentle bump, will there be more people from the cabal joining the dinner? Einstein Truce

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Dressed casually, Truce arrives at the restaurant where he's been asked to join his Cabal in meeting a new candidate. The Necromancer understand that there are many benefits to joining a Cabal, especially an established one. But Richelieu is still new to the city, and Truce has heard very little about him. But that's what this meeting is for, to break the ice and let down one's guard briefly to connect.

Truce comes armed with Sight and Shielding etched over his pattern, prepared for eventualities before exiting his vehicle and entering the building. He sees Crowley straightaway and is surprised to find the Libertine's often lax attire to be dressy. He waves his hello upon approach and greets Flidais and him both. "Sorry if I'm late. Had to stop by the apartment after leaving work."

A look to the unknown. "And you must be Richelieu. Nice you meet you. I'm Truce," he says politely, offering a hand to shake with the standard grip. He then takes a seat at the table, allowing whatever conversation he's interrupted to continue.

Spells Cast Upon Arrival
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-12 16:39:10 Truce rolls 8 to cast Third Eye rote [WIT+Emp+Mind] (10 Again) 10, 10, 7, 5, 7, 1, 4, 2, 3, 8 3 successes
    2015-10-12 16:38:29 Truce rolls 6 to cast improvised Entropic Guard [Gno+Death] (10 Again) 4, 1, 10, 9, 6, 3, 3 2 successes

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

OOC: Sorry the title made me not notice for some reason.

Flidais looks around as the table starts to become more lively, a smile finds it's way onto her face... How some human's choose isolation was beyond her, time alone was good but all the evidence pointed to human's being social animals at heart. The pondering ended shortly after that and she was snapped back into the restaurant. Flidais scans the menu feeling a bit primal she orders the meatiest thing there asking for it to be as raw as legally possible and a side of salad.

"No guesses for who your namesake is huh?" Flidais comments to Richelieu as the explanation of the book and the Cardinal is given.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Richelieu gave a faint approving smile to Flidais.

"And we have a winner. I hope you find something to your taste in the menu. But let's get to the point shall we. I wanted to meet you to see if some sort of 'business' relationship could be possible."

While he doesn't say the word, the other mages would probably guessed he means cabal membership by that. Unfortunately, being in a public place, he had to be subtle about this.

"This is why I have called you tonight to evaluate this prospect. And what better way to do that, then break bread ?"

He ordered something called a 'pancha' buffet and the waiter started to cook some meat on what appeared to be a metal plate of some sort. From the looks of it and the decor of the restaurant, it seems to be the Spanish equivalent of a barbecue. He waited for the other mages to order their food before speaking again.

"So, how do you want to proceed? Maybe we could start by getting better acquainted ? "

He then stopped for a moment, giving time to the others to react ...

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Ha! I think I may like you," Crowley chuckles from behind his menu. He orders something hot. Poking over the menu, he inquires: "Bottle of red? I'll pay. We can share it?" He buys it anyway, hiding the shock of the price with a cocky grin and a manic gleam in his eye.

Turning to matters at hand: "How about you start at the beginning? With yourself, I mean. What are you looking to get from an association with our... focus group." He coughed politely. "We can add our own bits after that... And see how we go."

Eyes flickered to the door and then drifted back to the table.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread