Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(IT-WotS) Streets Paved in Sociopathy

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    C
    Casitive

It's dead.

The area the drug-dealer sends the group to, is dead. Hope has all but been massacred in the alley, distrust ruts around with solipsism in broad daylight. The houses are run down, graying, with more blasted patches of dirt and weeds, then parched and thirsty patches of grass.

Old sneakers hang from power lines.

Carrion Birds sit in parliaments, waiting.

It's more than just this. Sneaking in, the feeling of void steals into the car. Realization then hits as they get nearer, driving by to case the joint to come back later and parking a block or two away. The house, a three family home with two beaten and run-down doors, and security bars on the windows, is supernally dead.

From one standpoint, it might be smart. To put a semi-public location that gets passed around for anyone to visit to be as dead as it is.

The yawning blue sky is darkening towards twilight, the evening has fallen upon them.

There is a Dead Zone in the House of a -3. This means any Shield / Sight that is below this POT is dropped – ripped from the pattern. Secondly, this enforces a -3 penalty to all spell-casting. This is a Red Line thread. Please state all EQ, Spells and keep track of all Mana and the like. Continued and Linked from: Here

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Feel that?

For an Angel, it's like having their wings clipped. It's the opposite of living in a river of fire. Maybe everyone has A Thing. An Enchanter, stuck in traffic. A Thyrsus, in a parking lot. Who knows? Weaves fluttered as the outgoing tide pulled at them, but held.

It's tough, wanting to drive faster to Get Away but needing to drive slower to Get A Look. Like staring though the window at a rainy day.

Was it natural? Or Made This Way?

"How we doin'?"
    Whoops. Unintentional whisper. Harrrrummm. "You two okay?"

The van continued to roll, further down the street, towards the Light.

"We, uh. We might want to, like, think about this one? Especially, you now. Your glitter."
    A lackluster jazz hand fluttered out. "I can mask it, but.... man. It'll make me, uh, pretty much cashed out."

No Contagion, but even with a split weave, wait, no. Stronger weaves.

Because only so many balls a magician can juggle, yo.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Sec," Avis replied, hurriedly tearing out of her seat belt and then squirming out of her black hoody. The cotton sweatshirt was dumped unceremoniously off to the side and then she reached under her seat and dragged a stiff black vest out that was clearly designed to stop bullets. It was also clear that she wasn't practiced in putting it on, but there were only so many velcro straps and she'd done it at least a few times before. Once the straps were set, and a few experimental tugs and spinal twists performed, Avis shrugged her sweater back on and zipped it over the vest. Thankfully the garment was loose, and the color made gauging its shape harder, but it wasn't invisible. Still, that was as good as she could do, so with a final shrug to settle the vest better she rearmed herself with the bottle and looked back to her companions.

"Well, here's the thing. If things are more difficult for us, they're also going to be worse off for whoever is inside, so I say forget about the special effects. We go in naked...metaphorically, I mean, and adapt to whatever happens inside. We're much less likely to throw up flags if we've got nothing, not even a veil up. I mean, I'm pretty fucking sure I remember AQ saying that they were able to somehow see through veils when they shouldn't be able to, so let's not try. Worst comes to the second worst, we're new converts from out of town. To the very worst, we go with July's favorite plan."

EQ= Glass bottle, thin kevlar bullet proof vest, burner phone, 300 dollars, and an attitude! Mana and WP in sig.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Matrixchild

"I think Avis is right," July said as he made sure his guns were fully loaded. "When you guys went up before you acted like a junky and a girl who wanted GLO to maybe party. If we roll with that concept and assume GLO does the whole 'flawed awakening,'" he said with air quotes, "then for all this guy knows the supernal shit makes sense. You act unprepared by going in without any cover and you'll come across as a new mage. You cover it up and it'll only throw up red flags, because why would one of the Banishers, or even someone who just took GLO, conceal themselves? The real question is do you still want me to stay in the van still or all three of us go in? This place upped the serious level a couple notches."

His 2 normal guns, phone, the $300, extra clips, knife

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Really?"

This is what happens when you don't Pay Attention at Consilium.

"They can see through, like, Veiling?"
    Don't. Punch. The. Steering. Wheel. Talk about annoying. First the No Glitter Zone, now no Cloaks? "Okay. Okay. I'm with you."

The van eased to a stop and bounced back and forth. Throw the Cowboy some props for making a good case. Everyone geared up? Sure. Check out the Vest. Check out the Guns. Check out the Sneaks. Got mad zoom, yo.

"I think you have to? I mean, unless you're super sneaky. Give it ten minutes then come after us? Or, hmmmm, we can go get a forty and a bag at the gas station, if your drunk act is legit?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Alright, well, here's the thing. The Bundy house might not be the only place in the neighborhood that there are Banishers hiding. Like, think about it, the dead spot is super fucking visible. It's a giant sign that says 'fuck magic' so having the house in the deadzone might be partly a distraction. Like, across the street there could be a look out, or backup for Bundy, or who knows what. So if we park the van in front of the house and have July do some neighborhood surveillance in addition to being on call, that might not be a bad idea.

"The thing is," Avis continued, "I'm not sure I like that ideat. I feel like we should be going in there all together on this one, since our biggest 'oh shit' card isn't going to be as helpful anymore. Having July pose as a bodyguard or something for the two prospective GLO dealers might not be a bad idea, either."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Matrixchild

"I could certainly play the drunk well enough," he thought, knowing he had quite too much experience with it, "but like we previously discussed I doubt that girl called ahead so bodyguard wouldn't be a bad plan. My fear with staying out here or doing surveillance is I may not be able to get inside fast enough to help if it's needed. Anyone who can cover a whole house in a strong deadzone is someone you wouldn't want to fight long," July said, looking between the two of them. The conversation with the last dealer would look like a book club meeting compared to meeting Florin with his Bundy comparison.

C
    Casitive

While you guys keep driving about, you could certainly case the joint. Wits + Larceny OR Investigation (instant or extended; teamwork okay!) the skill used will give a different result

M
    Matrixchild

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-21 08:13:58 July rolls 6 to Investigate (Wit+Inv) (10 Again) 8, 10, 7, 6, 3, 10, 3, 4 3 successes

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

3 successes for Larceny
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-22 03:54:45 Avis rolls 6 to case that space! (wits3+larc3) (10 Again) 3, 10, 8, 10, 3, 5, 6, 6 3 successes

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 28

You do not have permission to view the list of names.