Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(OPEN) Chance meetings at a cafe?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

ErlangShen and anyone else.
    Flidais sat in the plush chair, book in her hand and aromatic tea at the table, with a sigh audibly broadcasting her dissapointment she turned another page. On the next page was a diagram of a kidney and a discussion about nephron filtering.
    "Really books are such a pain, why must there be so much useful information locked away in them." She thought with a grumpy expression. At frequent periods she would raise her eyes from the book and scan the environment for any dangers or anything interesting. She made some notes on water, impurities, hydrostatic pressure and using code for anything occult some musings on how it may help with purification of poisons with magic.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

E
    Ermac

Ermac stepped into the coffee shop. Ordering a large coffee, cream, sugar, it was quite boring compared to what other patrons ahead of him requested. Just as he was on his way out, a woman caught his eye. I've seen her before... a moment elapsed as he recalled where, Consilium.

Approaching with caffeinated confidence, "Hi there, I saw you at the meeting. I didn't catch your name. I'm Eric."

Sight 2, Shield 3
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-27 18:34:38 Ermac rolls 11 to Unseen Shield (Gno + Prime + HS) (10 Again) 7, 10, 7, 5, 10, 3, 7, 8, 4, 2, 4, 6, 5 3 successes
    2015-07-27 18:34:13 Ermac rolls 7 to Supernal Vision (Gno + Prime + HS) (10 Again) 1, 6, 2, 9, 3, 8, 3 2 successes

OOC: I forgot to do my spells, if you don't mind can I include them now?

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-27 19:41:04 Life armour on Puppy rolls 6 to Life + Gno (10 Again) 3, 9, 5, 5, 10, 10, 5, 7 3 successes
    2015-07-27 19:40:51 Life armour rolls 6 to Life + Gno + HS - 2 advanced duration (10 Again) 5, 2, 5, 5, 2, 9 1 success
    2015-07-27 19:40:41 Life Sight rolls 6 to Life + Gno + HS - 2 advanced duration (10 Again) 10, 9, 10, 4, 10, 8, 3, 4, 4 5 successes

Puppy's lazy face pops out from behind the chair and stares down Eric as Flidais looks up from her books as soon as Eric comes into sight her eyes alert and aware.

"Name's Flidais, take a seat if you wish. Anything I can do for you?"
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

C
    Casitive

If you forgot to do your spells in your setting post, you forgot to do your spells. You will be casting these three spells IN THE THREAD

E
    Ermac

Ermac's senses tingle with intensity. The power of the Aether showed to him the vibrant power of the magic. Her use of High Speech caught him off guard. Sleeping minds may have heard her spout a complete nonsense or nothing at all. The Theurge sincerely hoped no one noticed. They may believe he is speaking to a mad woman.

The Obrimos leaned in and whispered caution, "Just a friendly tip, make sure you do your morning exercises at home." Smiling to ease any further awkwardness, he sat down across from her sipping his coffee.

With the cup to his mouth, he drewing on the Supernal to conceal their conversation from eavesdroppers. "That's quite an unusual name."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-27 20:34:43 Ermac rolls 7 to Influence Sound [Gno + Forces] (10 Again) 6, 9, 5, 10, 2, 1, 9, 7 3 successes

OOC: That didn't turn out how I expected, aww well.

"I was careless, apologies, this city is not what I am used to and seeing you startled me. Instinctive responses were once wise, but maybe not in this day and age." She said taking a sip, although the whispered phrases probably didn't catch the attention of those engrossed in their own conversations or staring at the colourful lights of distraction and rewards, which she thought, trained people to keep pressing much like you would train any other animal.

"The name comes from Irish mythology, Flidais was a member of the Tuatha Dé Danann, it is generally believed she was a god of woodlands, animals and fertility. Much has been lost from that time, some may also place her as a hunter, others as goddess of domestic herds, perhaps both. I thought it fit nicely" Flidais said with a shrug. "Besides, with a name like that it helps business, we remember the unusual. Maybe even an ancient part of humanity still feels the connection between that name and what it once met, if that is so those connotations would only be helpful. Of course most of that can be found on wikipedia, if you wish to know more about my unusual name I am sure we can come to an arrangement." Flidais said with a grin and a smile that touched her eyes.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

E
    Ermac

Ermac knew how far their words would travel within the confines of their bubble. He briefly assessed her words. All the more reason to be more cautious, he thought to himself.

As Flidais introduced her namesake, the Obrimos listened without interruption. At her final remark, a brow arched up curiously. "I'm not sure what kind of a proposition you're making for me to learn more of your name."

Flidais pouted
    "It was mainly a joke, you know what group I am a member of yes? you can't take your self too seriously all the time. Even the wisest owl or elder wolf will play when situation allows. Of course there is always more to any tale or myth and you may even find truth in them."
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

E
    Ermac

"No, I do not." He shook his head, "If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say an well-educated and esoteric Libertine." He took another sip of coffee, "What I can say is at first glance I can say is your appearance and overall presence is..."

Ermac bobbed his head from side to side, "That of the attractive librarian." The Theurge shrugged, "Not that it's any of my business. I've been wrong on many occasions."

"Oh, then I guess the joke wouldn't make much sense, and libertine?" A look of mock horror crossed her face, she delicately sniffed her aromatic tea, like a cat may sniff food before taking a sip.
    "You could only be further if you said Guardian, I'm a mystagogue. How about yourself as I don't recall hearing anything about you?"
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread