Still puzzling over the rude letter from Victoria Stamford, Mariel arranged to meet the Lancea paladin Madison Wells at her haven.

Madison greets Mariel with a smile. "It is nice to see you again Sister Mariel. Although, you look somewhat distraught. What seems to be the problem?"

Mariel pulls out her two letters. Do you know this person? What the heck is this all about?

Madison takes the letters from Mariel and reads them carefully. She nods slightly as her eyes move over the words. "Yes, I know Victoria Stamford, Priscus of the Lords. I helped put her there." She hands the letters back to Mariel with an apologetic smile.

"At the last family meeting, it was suggested by the Prince that she attempt to get a cohesive form of communication working among the Prisci of the domain. In other words, we need to talk to one another and share information. I believe she has decided to extend this information network to include the covenent heads as well. Not a bad idea, actually. The problem is, not very many people know who she is yet."

She moves into the livingroom of her haven and offers Mariel a seat on the couch, sitting at the other end herself. "She is attempting to follow the wishes of the Prince, I think. It is painfully obvious to some of us that the clans and covenents simply do not communicate, nor do they work together. Since we have been dealing with such large problems in the city, I think the Prince has decided this needs to change. She has also been tasked to announce every kindred of importance at the next Court as they enter. Thus she needs the names and titles of everyone that has one to speak of."

Well, she might have just said that, after properly introducing herself! exclaimed Mariel with an aggrieved expression. Her second letter doesn't inspire me to believe that she'll be super at building community. Even though I agreed to meet with her, her reply was just RUDE! She ASKED if I had questions, and I did. Hence my response. Mariel looks grumpy.

So you've met her, what do you think of her? Does she have a Covenant alliance? She's clearly familiar with our own. Mariel pauses, wrinkling her teenaged brow slightly. And why is the Prince no longer Priscus of the Ventrue?

Madison does not smile at Mariel's reaction, even though she wants to. Her Blood helps her to hide any emotions someone else might express, however she is very amused with Mariel at the moment.

"The Prince does not have time to be Priscus at the moment as his other duties are far too taxing of his time. So, he requested that someone else take the position. I cannot, as I have duties to the Sanctum and the new Bishop that will require most of my attention. Victoria was the only other Ventrue in attendence that showed she had a brain, sad to say."

Madison considers Mariel's other questions before she continues. "I think Ms. Stamford could be a very good Priscus and possibly more, however she is a Domme, my dear and expects her requests to be followed. That might cause some conflict with her ability to effectivly deal with some of our higher standing kindred, but we all must grow during our Requiems. She is also a member of the Invictus, as I am sure you noticed the business-like tone to her letters. I do apologize for this confusion. If you'd like and as we technically share the job of running the covenent at the moment, I would be more then happy to accompany you to this meeting. To make sure Ms. Stamford does not continue to step on your sensibilities."

Invictus, Ventrue, AND a Dominatrix? Yipes!

Mariel relaxed when she learned about Victoria's job choice. A Domme? Well, I can handle that. I'm sure you're busy with candidates and what not. All right, now that I have a better handle on who she is, I can reply to her snarly letter. Thank you so much, Madison! She gave the Paladin a dazzling smile, and rose to take her leave.

Madison returns the smile, pleased to have been of help. "Any time, Sister Mariel. If you have any other questions after the meeting, I can make myself available to you. Have a pleasant evening, my dear."

She follows Mariel to the door and waves good-bye as the woman leaves.

End scene.