Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Underground) Crystal and Tiny?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Mar 14, 2021 : Underground After Hours with Jaze
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal gave Kaze and Jennifer a wave and actually winked at the Obrimos before walking a few more steps towards the entrance.

Now he only needed someone to keep him company on the long walk to his car and back.
    That should give Kennifer (as he'd started calling them in his head) at least 15 minutes of alone time - and that was ignoring the possibility that he and Tiny could have an interesting conversation on their own.

Wasn't he just the best?
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny follows at a sedate pace, he doesn't quite know what Chris the Proud's plan is, but there was not need to rush the surprise.

He debates going back to the Clue game, but lets it pass. There was beating dead horses, and then summoning Sleipneir levels of beating dead horses. "So how did the ladies treat you that night? I didn't hear any screams, so they must like you." They pass the gift shop, and Tiny is distracted by the miniature printing press. Or is it the old fashioned caramels behind the press?
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

4. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well frankly, I think I've placed my bet on the wrong horse that night. They mostly seemed to have eyes for each other, so in hindsight I should have given you my full attention instead. You do seem awfully interested in them - close friends?" The difference between Emily and Matthew couldn't be bigger if they tried.. but was it possible that he was a Werewolf himself? He certainly didn't give off any undead vibes, but then again Crystal wasn't exactly an expert on that matter.

He looked Tiny up and down again. "See something you like?" That sounded cheesy, even to him. "I mean, we're not exactly pressed for time if I read Chris' and Jennifer's body language correctly. Wanna check the shop out?"

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"Well, they have been together for a long while. If they had eyes for others, there would have been a whole lot of screams. And blood. And perhaps some pretty lights and fur. I do legal work for a lot of people. Discretion and client confidentiality are very important in that kind of work." Tiny smiles. Part of him wondered what sort of superpower Chris might have. But part of him was having fun with Chris too, "Ahh, so wingman? For which one, Chris or Jenna?" Third Fucking Wheel. Well, at least the distractor was cute. Tiny looks Chris up and down, mirroring Chris' action, "Perhaps. But food needs to not just look good, but taste good too." He smiles, and heads to the caramels.

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, so you're a lawyer? That would excuse your radio-silence. I'm impressed." If he wasn't going to tell about his relationship with Emily, Crystal wouldn't ask. Other peoples' happy relationships were a borderline interesting topic as is. "Are you allowed to tell where you land on the pretty-lights-fur scale?" Which showed the glaring disadvantages of meeting in public - there's no way to talk about what could be the most important thing to know about each other (apart from who's the top and who's the bottom, of course).

"Gee, if you put me on the spot like this I can't really lie: Chris didn't exactly call for a wingman, but as a friend I just had to make sure that he could enjoy his blossoming young feelings to the fullest, you know?"
    Maybe it was just him, but Matthew was really hitting the double innuendos out of the park. Big plus. "All right, let's get us something sweet. What's your favourite guilty pleasure?" He really tried to not have all of his questions sound like more than they were, but once the testosterone-levels in the vicinity crossed a certain threshold he couldn't really control those things. "I like it when I get surprised by the taste or texture of something - uncommon combinations, stuff overseen by others. Oh, and I happen to appreciate the values of matured delicacies."

The shop certainly was what you would expect from a place like this: lots of gimmicks, a bit on the gaudy side. "Allow me to treat you this round?" With Matthew being a lawyer neither of them would have to worry about the.. authentic museum prices, but it's the thought that counts.

10. Likes Shane, Ruach liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"It would, but the bigger reason is that I just finished my exam to get my license here. I do strive to be precise with my answers." He finds the poster about the beer exhibit, and a selection of caramels. "Am I allowed to tell? A very curious way of phrasing that question. I'll answer truthfully. I am allowed." Bleeds Well would beat the ever loving shit out of him for actually saying so in a museum gift shop, but that wasn't worth explaining.

"I do enjoy putting people on the spot, getting to know how they think, and finding out the truth. Its why I got into this work. And i'm glad for the two of them, I didn't realize their relationship was so fresh though, they seemed to know each other for quite some time when I met them."

Hmm, guilty pleasure. A dangerous line for the Storm Lords. Guilt implied weakness, weakness wasn't to be shown. "I'm not sure I have a guilty pleasure per se, more that I have a taste for things that others dislike." Raw meat from the just dead corpse of deer had no replacement, "For example, I like wines from Ohio and Canada and other sweet wine regions. I've never gotten so many dirty looks as I have here for such appreciation." The 'Friends don't let friends drink white zin' shirt was just offensive. "You probably are quite familiar with that concept if you go for the unusual. I gravitate to the hearty and filling, traditional as opposed to avante-garde. What would you say was your best meal?"
    "I couldn't say no to a fine gentleman buying me a sweet bit of creaminess." He says, picking up a selection of caramels, then turning back to Chris, "Though you'll have to allow me to get you next."
    If he hadn't run at the light innuendo, Tiny wasn't going to hold back. Too few gay men in the world, and even fewer who could play a good joke.

12. Likes Shane, Mark, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Okay, I thought I knew how much work this is going to be, but don't make me watch my every word from now on." There was just enough coquetry to show Matthew that Crystal was all up for measuring each other's verbal prowess for now. "For putting people on the spot you must be aware of how little you actually tell them about yourself." No judgement here, more like a casual observation.

"The protocol heard Mr. Matthews dutifully keeping the professionally set boundaries agreed upon." Which also meant the protocol hearing him everything that went on between the lines. "As far as I can tell, they were getting it on from the moment I got to that creepy club. Or even before that, but I'd say it's fresh enough. Maybe it's just like that with certain people - it just feels like you've known each other for longer than you actually did."

He could take a lot, but sweet wine? "I mean, don't hate me but I have to agree.." His voice was drifting off at least ready to get proven wrong. "Maybe you just haven't shown me the right examples yet but I like it dry and bold when it comes to alcohol."

He took what Tiny got and them some, paid for everything and was heading for the exit. "I would very much like to go into detail as how you would get the next round." But that was maybe crossing the tastefulness of this museum-after-dark gift shop setting, stretched it might have been so far.

"My best meal?" Now that's a distraction anyone could fake thinking about for a few seconds. Crystal actually did give it some thought. "If I'm going to be honest a lot of those are what you could get off the streets like now - but at that moment the company and the shared activity added so much more to it than mere ingredients could." He couldn't cheese it up if he tried. Which he didn't - this was actually how Crystal felt.

14. Likes Mark, Ruach liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"Oh, you can say whatever you like. I am all for you providing as much information as you please. I must, however, choose to be circumspect in certain things. Not, for instance, in how sweet wine has ap lace in the modern culinary world and has been ignored in favor of bitterness and desert-like dryness. This IPA craze? No one actually likes it, Its all gamesmanship. Humans like sweet things. Sweet wine is sweet. Ergo, vis a vis, concordantly, we all should like sweet wine, and denying that is denying your humanity. To answer your earlier question, it seems like I am more human than you." Tiny nods solemnly, even as his smile throughout his diatribe never wavers. He seems to be having fun. "I could show you some sweet wine, but I'm not sure it could pierce your inhuman veil and bring the joy you like. Though, perhaps were i to couch it as a drink unusual and rare, unknown to the masses and hidden in rare valleys, i might be able to slip it past the curtain to your pleasure."

Tiny nods at Chris' perspective on Chris and Jenna. There is a pang of jealousy. He was unlikely to find such a thing, and even if found, wasn't likely to keep it.

Tiny listens intently as Chris explains his favorite food, and waits afterward, digesting the information. He starts walking towards the beer exhibit, it was the original reason for their diversion. If Chris really needs something from his car, Tiny will eat his shoe. "No wine is as rich as at the winery, no meal as sumptuous as at the chef's table, and no water as fresh as that among friends." He nods sagely and seriously. "Our memories are tied so deeply to food and drink and people. Your answer has great sagacity to it. I had a tikka masala burrito out of a taco truck once that was amazing. And that was because I had it after meeting a new group of friends who welcomed me with open arms." Which he had needed, quite badly at that point.

16. Likes Shane, Mark, Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

This. If Crystal needed any further justification to not go for the brainless models it was this. Who would have thought the genial short man would unleash so much effortless passion in such a delicate and sensual manner.

"You do make a good argument and I will concede to buying into a subpar, overpriced and plain worse wine for the sake of a dry taste," He held up a hand as if to shield himself from insults by the anti IPA gang, and quickly added "but then you'd have to agree that there are just as many produces that overcompensate and end up with an artificially sweetened something instead of an honest wine. I'm totally with you - the juice filling up the goblet needs to be a shared pleasure, a product of every drop of sweat.." he looked at Matthew and it's plain to see that the only thing keeping this Warlock from kissing that Werewolf was a respect for the Lawyer's public image. "I hope you realize how dumb you make me seem right now." How did you follow that up with anything close to resembling a straight talking head? He knew he should be better at this, that he shouldn't start stumbling over his words like a nervous teenage-girl, but there was this raw energy that kept logical thinking play second fiddle at best.

Distant second fiddle.

18. Likes Shenanigans, Ruach, Shane, Mark liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"Don't feel bad. I've wasted other people's fortunes on mediocrity and disappointment." Tiny pats the taller man's back in a 'there there' motion. He looks at the map of hop farms in sacramento pre-prohibition, "And I certainly concede to you that. Everyone always wants to seem human, and even more human than human. Look at Magneto from X-Men, for a safe allegory." and no need to invoke Godwin, "To carry that analogy, artificial sweeteners are trying to portray themselves as sweeter than sweet. Certainly possible with modern chemistry but as you say, it is a lie." And the Iron Masters and Hunters in Darkness would have endless arguments about that, but Tiny was above that squabble, seeing both sides.

He stops walking and turns to Chris, looking up into his eyes and holding steady until he has Chris' full attention. He thinks of how to respond, was Chris fishing for a compliment? No, he seemed quite earnest. "Your own perceptions of yourself drown out my thoughts, it seems. Stupidity was certainly the last thought of my mind." Pep talk over, Tiny turns and heads deeper into the exhibit, "Now, my sagacious friend, what brought you to Sacramento?"

20. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread