Ended
Watch

(1507) EC IV - Striker and Flidais

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    T

Continued from here.

"Arrow yeah. Good guess." Striker replied. He ignored the warding symbol. Some people had opinions, sure. He thought most mysterium were pretty boring, but he couldn't play favourites now that he was officially looking out for the whole Consilium.

"Yeah third once you're official. The other bloke is Zilker, he's over there chatting to the cowboy." He said pointing out Zilker and July . "But he seems to keep to himself and just show at the meetings as far as I know. He's cabaled up with the heirarch and the head of the Mysterium in town so who knows what they get up to?" He said with a shrug.

"Head of the Mysterium. That's Tyria. She's ah. Not here right now." he said, looking around to confirm she hadn't appeared from nowhere suddenly. With mages you could never know. "But my sigil holder's one of the bookworms too. Miach." He continued pointing out the tall Acanthus. ( Bigpaw ) "He can prob'ly sort you out there if she doesn't show." he finished with a nod.

"Ahk, well once I'm recognised be prepared to have your half chopped to a third!"

are all the paths so thinly spread or are just Thyrsus under-represented. I wonder if I could get records on awakenings and migrations. It's probably not statistically significant but maybe some paths awaken more in some areas. Research for later.

"I try not to be too much of a bookworm myself, I prefer to observe the world and seek out truths in other mediums. Although thats probably not what you care about. I have contact details for Tyria but haven't gotten around to meeting her. Work and the move has been keeping me busy." She paused, tilted her head like a dog responding to a strange noise and then asked a question.

"So is this your full time work or do you have another job?"
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

T

"Looking forward to it mate." He replied with a genuine grin. "And what I care about right now, is keeping all these folk safe. We got a major Banisher infestation at the uni over on the east side so you're best to stay clear of there unless you've got backup and a plan. Speakin' of which, you pretty much need to be in a cabal to have any chance of gettin' anywhere consilium-wise, so you're best off the hook up soon as possible. Plus ya know safety in numbers." he said with a bounce of his eye brows.

"And nah. Consilium positions don't pay, it's all volunteer. Good of the community and all that. I'm workin' at a vets further east, past the uni. It was good while I was living out there, but I'm looking for something a bit closer now that I'm here in the city. What about yourself? What'd'you do for a crust?" he asked conversationally.

"working at a vets, as a vet or an assistant which always seems to have the animals bounce back a bit quicker?" She said, genuinely curious at the answer.

"I'm currently here doing service and emergency dog training, I do police dogs, search dogs and some seeing/hearing dogs as well. I'm also a dog breeder, German Shepherd's primarily but I haven't yet set up my business enough to bring out my pack from Texas so they are staying with some friends for now." Flidais then does a mental double take.
    "Wait, did you say Banisters?!? Uh... Am I allowed my armour and sight here..."
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

T

"Nah. I wish I could actually work with them. You need to study and stuff for that, I'm just the maintenance guy at the place." he said with a slightly glum look.

He quickly perked up though. "Wait. Dog training? You work with dogs all day? Jeez that's beaut. Is your place hirin'? I'd love to do that." He exclaimed, eyes now wide with excitement. "I haven't done any formal trainin' or anything but I'm good with animals. Real good with dogs. Even before, ya know, I woke up and stuff. That helps o' course. But jeez, I'd love to actually work with dogs even if it's just lookin' after them. Would you ask ya boss if he needs anyone?" he asked hopefully.

Then he scratched his chin absently as he considered her question. Decision time. Unrecognized mages asking permission to cast spells at a consilium. Put that straight in the grey area box. He pursed his lips.

"Unrecognised? I'd prefer it if you didn't, but... Look if anything goes down I'll be taking out the threat and you're welcome to save your own arse as best you can. But they haven't taken the offensive since I've been here, so I don't think you need to worry ay. Plus there's a bunch of us who are gonna be keepin' an eye on things so you'll know if somethings gonna happen. Just... Get recognised and get in a cabal real quick if you're worried. Ok?" he said with a firm but almost apologetic look. He knew what he was telling her, but if she'd come unprepared and it was only the mention of Banishers that had made her worried then it didn't seem like casting now would solve any real problem. Still, if he'd been told he couldn't have his sight or shield up, he'd probably feel half naked.

"Once this shindig is over go for it, and probably best to keep it up twen'y four seven if you're worried." he added.

OOC: Autocorrect ruined banishers in my previous post to banisters. Flidais did not suddenly start talking about room decorations.

She eyes striker up an down appraising him like a hound might trying to decide whether to trust a person. "I normally always have them on, but since I didn't know the local rules I removed them as I entered the Hotel and on they will go as I leave."

"As for hiring, in a few months I might be, I still need to find an appropriate place to rent for it, set up the business, etc. I'm just doing some training at the moment to pay the bills until I get everything fully set up. Moving hasn't been as simple as I would like I'm afraid but I'll get up and running again. I actually dropped out of college to set up my own business as an animal breeder back in Texas, it was tough but I had a natural gift and I researched a lot and was moderately profitable for a time. Maybe one day if you got time I can see just how good you are with animals? After all documents are just pieces of paper, the real test of any skill is in the application and in that we may find truth."
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

T

Striker nodded at her explanation. It was reasonable and he didn't expect any less from a careful mage.

"Ok. Well let me know. I'll give you my number before ya go ay. If you need help movin' as well, I can help out if you want. A bit at least." He said, shrugging his left shoulder to indicate his missing arm. Sure he was strong enough to carry a fridge by himself, it was just a matter of how to hold the damn thing.

"And yeah I'll come show you what I can do whenever you want. Can't say I know how to train them, but I can usually figure them out so it shouldn't be too hard right?" he asked. "Speakin' of documents as well, I can probably get you a copy of the local charter and stuff if you want. There's been a bit of contention about it, but I think it's mostly sorted now. Main thing you need to know is that if you're lookin' to be a full member of the Consilium yo need to join and stick with a cabal." he nodded.

OOC

"At some point I will need someone to take care of, clean, bathe etc. If you think you can do that I'll get in contact with you when I'm a bit closer to being set up.
    A brief pause before continuing
    "Cabal huh? I can't honestly say I have ever been in one before. Whats the sort of political cabal landscape like? Any you know of thats recruiting? And a copy of the charter would be handy thanks. She finishes with a smile.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

T

"Cool. 'Preciate that Flidais." he said with gratitude. He wondered if bathing dogs would pay better than being a maintenance guy at a vet. In cash maybe not, job satisfaction would be through the roof though.

"Never been in a cabal?" He said raising his eyebrows. "Jeez you are green aren't ya? No worries mate. There's four cabals I know about right now." He raised his hand with his thumb jutting out. "One. You got Golden Thread, heirarch's cabal. Haven't heard much about them so I don't know if their recruitin'. Prob'ly not though." Index finger joined the thumb. "Two. There's Fateful Watch. I'm talkin' with Miach about joinin' up with them, I reckon we could prob'ly use another too." The Australian's middle finger flicked up. "Three. There's Veiled Threats. Avis and Star run that one." Ring finger completed the count. "Four. There's Teminos dee Suds. I think that's right. I was talking with them about joining as well but decided against. They might want another though, but you'd have to talk to Crowley 'bout that." He finished dropping his hand.

"I try an' stay out of the politics sied of things ay. But our big problem right now is Banishers at the Uni and what they're up to. If you're interested in makin' a difference, work out how to deal with them somehow." he said with a serious nod.

"Green? Yes I am quite environmentally friendly, GMO free and fully biodegradable as well. I just never needed one, I had my pack and my research was solitary. I spent a lot of time out in the wilds watching. As for joining a new pack here, I would probably need speak with the members and the Alpha. Do any of then really stand for anything? Flidais said with a slight smirk at her joke about being biodegradable.

"As for banishers, I only know what I researched, poor souls with a traumatic awakening that are convinced this is all evil, did I get that right? Are they doing anything apart from making the Uni a no go zone for awakened?" She asked, slightly hesitant at the mention of banishers she might be able to handle herself in a fight if prepared but she was not an Arrow.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread