Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FOC) The Left

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Selena

Going this way will meet with more residential sections of town. People probably coming home from shopping, working or early evening activities.

Further Away from the city, toward the American River and the far east side of Sacramento. I’m basing this off of our location map and that the Rose Garden is facing South.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Well, I'm sure we'll make quite the sight," Coco mused as they went along, the Claviger trotting at a pace between a speed walk and a jog. "Hopefully it'll help us get someone's attention."

Her eyes and antennae cast about, searching for the nearest pedestrian to accost about the whereabouts of Rosemary or Mystery Flannel.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Milo Chernobog

PRE

The Lurker kept pace behind the Claviger as best he could, scanning his surroundings for traces of flannel or Ms Rosemary's passage.

"Indeed." The Fairest responded to Coco. He forced a somewhat awkward smile as he realized how little lurking the Lurker would actually be doing. Not that he was ill equipped for this endeavor in any sense of the word. In fact, it might even do him good to flex these particular skills over his normal preferences.

All he needed was a victim person to flex for....

S
    Selena

Halfway up the block, a woman dressed in very frumpy attire walked out of the little second hand shop. She didn't look in a hurry at all, but slowly walked the opposite direction of the two Changelings.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Madame!" Coco called, raising a hand to hail the woman as she jogged over to her. "Madame, a moment of your time!"

The Claviger abruptly pulled to a stop next to the frumpy woman, prepared to follow after her if she chose to keep walking or to chat with her at a nerve fraying stand still. Ah! If only there was somewhere that she could be moving! Times like this called for everything but a stand still! Alas, if she knew not where to tread, then she might tread in the wrong direction, and that was something she could most certainly not afford.

"Madame," she repeated again, "we're looking for two friends of ours! It's most important! It involves forgotten medication, you see. One is a woman of respectable years, with grey hair, glasses, a more than sturdy frame and dressed all in white. Have you seen her? She might have been with someone wearing flannel! Have you seen either one?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo jogged after Coco as she drew the woman's attention. A cool breeze drew his attention downward, most notably to the purple balloon remains. Certainly going to be one of Milo's more interesting conversations.

"Indeed." The Fairest said with a nod to Coco. "The flannel was [colors!] with [colored!] stripes. They might have been in a bit of a hurry."

S
    Selena

"Well, hoiiiiiiiiiii there how are you!?" The women was exaggeratedly happy no doubt. There was probably no reason she needed a house apron on while shopping, but it seemed to be a permanent part of her attire.

"I've seen lots of people, yes yes. Lotttttts of people around here today." Pointing to some little pastry shop across the way. "Whyoi I was just over there earlier, having my evening pie and coiffee. Always someone with flannel around here." Her fingers flailed this way and that, not indicating a real direction.

"And whitessss in season you know. It's after Memorial Day. Lots of people still have that look and follow those traditions. If not... this wholllllllle country will go into ruins, dearies."

woman on the street

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The sheer absurdity of the woman's speech raised a red flag for Coco. Two of them, actually, her scarlet brows raising in incredulity as the woman continued to speak. It was possible that the woman was a stroke survivor, or from Boston or some such place, but those possibilities seemed very distant and insubstantial in the face of what Coco had experienced. Indeed, for a woman with antennae sprouting from her head, it was much easier to imagine that this...creature in front of her was not what she appeared to be. Thus, Coco looked at the woman again, but not with eyes that saw her appearance, but which peered inside to the desires which drove the woman and her reason for speaking to them in such a way.

Cupid's eye 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-19 00:42:40 Coco! rolls 6 to Cupid's Eye the overly conspicuous lady! (wits4+wyrd2) (10 Again) 4, 10, 7, 10, 3, 2, 5, 7 2 successes

-1 glamour for Cupid's Eye

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Like the wasp, Milo was immediately suspicious of the woman's behavior. It was a veritable flurry of words that didn't distract from the fact she didn't deny seeing Ms Rosemary. It was times like this that made Milo a bit sad he didn't share his court's ability to divine the fears of others. Certainly it would have helped motivate this woman more, but alas he'd have to rely on his natural talents if this display of verbal smoke and mirrors continued.

"So you have seen them specifically?" The Fairest queried. "And did you see the pair my comrade just described at this pastry shop? The one with all the flannels?"

S
    Selena

The woman, completely glee filled to be chatting up these two young people. “I says to the man at the table across from me earlier. ‘Dontcha think flannel will ever go out of style? It’s so lumberjack, or maybe cowboy. No I said cowboy, and we don’t have any cowboys in town ya know. That’s more of a Texas thing, or maybe out in those badlands, ya see. I says that he moight be less warm if he sheds that darn warm stuff’.”

“And then the man at the other table agreed with me! He said there shouldn’t be a reason for flannels this year, but so many people wearing them.” Since she had their attention, and they asked questions, the woman felt obliged to continue.

Her head bobbed and nodded as she spoke, giddy to be carrying on with such a cute audience. “But the pastry shop and restaurant, that Rose Garden. Oh heavens to Betsy, I loves her little cakes! What are they agains? Pet-teet-fours or the little layered cakes. Foinest I’ve eva tasted. Or at least around here. Haven’t seeeeen many of them since my younger days when they were the center piece at alllllll the bridal and baby showers. When my grand niece had her shower recently. She didn’t even know what they were. Or wedding mints. Whyoi doesn’t anyone make those scrumptious things anymore.”

Cupid’s Eye Reveals

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.