Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Group Discussions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    T

Circle of Creation. A shadow of it's former glory. Striker didn't think anything so poetic as he shoved open the door that needed it's frame looked at. Wood expansion or loose hinges, something was making it stick but unfortunately there were bigger issues to attend to and there was only so much time and so many Arrows to look after the place.

He pulled out his phone and looked at the time. 9pm. The others should be here soon. He wondered how the conversation would go, not really knowing. Crowley was a good friend of that much he was sure. Miach was dependable though seemed to have been hanging around in the background for a while. Maybe he just hadn't noticed what they were doing because he'd been spending too much time making an arse of himself.

Time to find out what their cabals did and if he could help.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley, reeking of too much aftershave and tobacco smoke, pulled up in his van close by. He was still puffing away and raking his hair when he ambled into the Circle of Creation. The full significance of the stuck door was lost on the Enchanter as he peered into the gloomy expanse of the nave: a pillared cave with silvery light cutting in from arched windows.

Leaning on the wall, he surveyed the scene before pinching out his cigarette. Sighting Striker, ghostly outlined by the light of his phone, Crowley approached with a wave.

"Hey, man. Whats up?" And why here? The Enchanter bit his tongue and pulled one of his trade mark grins.

T

Striker looked up and pocketed his phone as his ears, and nose, told him of the presence of Crowley. He wasn't bothered by the smoke though, having been a smoker once himself. It didn't seem worth the cost once he knew he could affect almost any similar chemical change in his own body through the supernal.

"Crowley mate. Thanks for comin'. Miach should be here soon too, but I think he's coming from work or something. Seemed busy." He said laying out what the enchanter could expect so he wouldn't be surprised.

"Here because I dunno where else we could meet. I dunno if you heard but the rest of my cabal up and left me so I've got no sanctum to invite you to. Bugger too 'cause I just made a sweet table and I was gonna try and put our sigil on it but I'm bloody glad I didn't now otherwise I woulda been sandin' it straight out again." he said clearly bothered, but keeping himself in check.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley nodded.

He scratched at his freshly shaven chin and noted with surprise the hidden cut. Absently wiping his hand on his jeans, he continued. "Yeah. As I hear it, Miach is a doctor so he'll probably squeeze us in between his shifts. Or something like that. So... you want to the low down on what Temoins do, right? Well... we sorta came together half hazardly. Lost a few along the way. Our original goal was to keep an eye on the High Places... We're not in the business of claiming them - just keeping tabs on 'em... You never know who or what might try to claim a vacant place of power. Anyway, we kinda got sidetracked... Ended up hosting a few meetings and stuff. We claim a few blocks in South Sacramento as our special protectorate and keep an eye on things there. A fourth could always be handy. And welcome. But if we head down that road I'll have to bring in Truce and Einstein. I'm no leader and we're more of a... co-operative venture."

He tapped his pocket.

T

"Yeah. Can't hold that against him. Doctors do good work ay." Striker said with a grim and serious nod.

"South Sacro. That's a pretty decent part of town. And yeah. I'm lookin' to join up with another group. Someone that's actually doin' something about the problems in this town and not just talkin' about them. And some people who are gonna stick around. Archangels fell apart 'cause everyone left. The Wave just did the same. So high places. Hallows? Wouldn't they all be claimed by cabals? Or are there more than I think?" he continued.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"There... There are a few more lurking around the place. Rumours of rumours and such. As I say, when we first got together, that seemed the plan. To date... its not like we've really gone looking."

Crowley shrugged.

Miach

PRE

Even though he had hoped to meet the deadline he had set himself, Miach had obviously been too optimistic this evening. He really had had no choice but to extend his shift a bit more as the boy from traffic accident was brought to his ER. At times like this, it pained the Enchanter that he couldn't do more, that he couldn't use his Magic more. But that debate had been solved a long time ago...

Parking straight out of the Circle, he walked in, noticing again the strain upon the building brouhgt by the lack of resouces. It reminded him only too much of the Athenaeum to his taste. And the contrast to his clothes, suit and necktie, was only too obvious.

"Hiya Striker" he said, noticing his host. Beside him was the Herald, whom he greeted gladly as well. "Crowley, nice seeing you. I hope I'm not interrupting anything ? Sorry I'm late."

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley turned and waved, turning the gesture into a welcoming sign, urging the doctor to join them.

"Hey, man! Glad you could make it. You been doing okay?"

T

"Yeah righto." He said before turning to greet the other Acanthus.

"Maich mate. Glad you could make it, not interrupting ay and don't worry about being late mate. I asked ya both here for the same reason. I need to find a cabal and I know yous two have got a good thing going for ya. So I wanted to know if you'd be interested in havin' me join and where I might be able to fill a need or something." he said, laying out his intentions.

Miach

PRE

Striding toward both men, he offered his hand, and answered them. "Been busy, but doing alright, yeah, thanks. You ?"

It was then that Striker told them why he had asked for the meeting, and he was surprised. The man had a reputation of sorts, but the doctor had no reason to complain, personally. "You bet I'd be interested, yeah. Our Cabal is currently weak in the Arrow department, not to mention Shaman. If you felt like you could fit in, you'd be very welcome indeed." he replied warmly. That was an understatement...

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread