Ended
Watch

(1505) Jojo, Tomas, Viv

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    V
    Vivian York

The fact that the man introduced himself with his first name told a lot about him. “Good to meet you, Tomas.” Slowly walking them off to the side. And it wasn’t long after that, another familiar Beast came into her perception. The studious looking female usually dressed in more bland things actually arrived in something colorfully beautiful on her. “And a good eve to you. You are correct in that assumption.”

Vivian’s hands make with introductory hand gestures. “Tomas, this is Josephine. She is the leader of the Lancea Sanctum and Ventrue Priscus.” Not recalling the exact title the Lord wished to be called for the Sanctified. The man could pick a title, any title.

“So, if I may, what brings you to the Domain of Sacramento, Tomas?” Her hands at a comfortable conversational level, as is her voice. Very curious to the fresh face.

R
    Rincewind

“Priscus.” Tomas gives a respectful nod to Josephine as introductions are made. He turns back to Vivian and continues “I got tired of hiding in small country towns, tired of being constantly hunted. I’ve heard many Kindred have been able to settle in well here, and it seemed a lot more interesting than woodlands and caves, all anybody cares about where I come from is food.”
    He pans his gaze over the assembled Kindred. “So far I have not been disappointed.”

The presence of so many unfamiliar Beasts, many stronger than his own puts Tomas on edge. Determined to make a good impression at his first court, he battles his own feelings of terror into submission.

V
    Vivian York

Even though she was fairly positive that this Tomas gent didn’t mean anything by it, the way he was with words was questionable. So, why not ask… Besides, Josephine was doing Josephine things, probably researching some religious icons on her phone, or a new book review.

“Hiding and hunted… interesting.” Not that Vivian was one to talk. Although she wasn’t either at present. “Mind if I ask why you’re doing both?” The Daeva’s lip curled into a curious smirk. “Apparently word gets around how accommodating we are?” Vivian laughed. “Who was spreading that word?”

“By the by speaking of Priscus, have you been introduced to yours?” Her body language turning just a little, offering it to assist him… in finding his Priscus.

ooc

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Girloy approached the unveiled Kindred despite the urge to shrink away and hide "Priscus Sterling, it is good to see you this evening Sister. I hope you are doing well these nights. And Ms. York, a pleasure as always. You look delightful."

And there was the last, Roth's new Savage. Kenneth couldn't say he was impressed. The new comer looked like he hadn't bought a new outfit in years. That Kindred measurements never changed made the ill fitting look even worse. At least Gilroy tried.

Kenneth knew his thoughts were a little hypocritical, since he had very little luck when it came to fashion. He chalked up his distaste to the fact that the lower instincts were screaming at Kenneth to try to kill the man.

"An honor to meet you as well," he addressed the ragged Kindred "I am Kenneth Gilroy of the Nosferatu Clan. Lay brother within the Lancea Sanctum."
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

5. Likes Cayce liked this post
    R
    Rincewind

“I don’t know if interesting is the way to put it.” Tomas responds, a wry smile spreading across his face. “Until recently I was spending my nights in small farming town out of the way of civilisation, I was feeding one night when the local sheriff happened by, he fired at me and missed, I think it was the first time he’d ever fired his gun.” A pained look crosses his face at the memory and he continues, “I didn’t expect it though and all I can remember is the hot flash of the gun, the ringing in my ears as the gunshot faded. I...I couldn’t control it. I charged at him and drank deeper than I ever had before. The townspeople didn’t take too kindly to having their sheriff dismembered in the street. Fortunately I was able to hide in the dirt for long enough to get away, but I couldn’t risk the rural scene anymore. Eventually my travels brought me here.” Tomas finishes, spreading his hands wide indicating their surroundings.

“Anyway, my apologies if I’m boring you, I have indeed met Priscus Roth, it is his word that welcomes me here.”

Tomas watches as Kenneth approaches, expecting another another round of fear from within, it never comes, in its place is something different, most certainly a desire to get away from the Haunt, but not to flee until he can run no more.
    Trying not to think about it, and trying even harder not to show it, he answers Kenneth’s address, “The honor is mine I’m sure. Tomas Warren, Gangrel.” He thinks of reaching out for a handshake, but as another wave of revulsion passes over him, he reconsiders and is content to offer a respectful bow of the head.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Speak of the devil and he shall appear, they say.

Konrad walks in stride with Gilroy in their approach, having been talking with him only a moment before. He catches the story that Tomas is sharing and stuffs his hands in his pockets idly as he finishes.

"Well, just don't do that sort of stuff here," Konrad mentions to Tomas, cutting into the conversation. "You got lucky, and folks probably would pass that off as a coyote attack if it's a rural town." As if to say, I'm sure one of my Clan would learn their lesson without repeats, as reassurance to the others of Tomas's future behavior.

Konrad reaches to pat Tomas on the shoulder, a rather bold gesture among Kindred who valued their personal space as predators. He can feel the Beast within reaching through his arm, wanting to clench even tighter if not for Konrad's control of it. "Yup, got Tomas here all Acknowledged. Just gotta present him to the Prince at some point, but figure I'd bring him round for a few introductions. Looks like you're getting acquainted just fine."

He winks to Vivian. "Vivian, love what summer's done to you," he remarks, eyeing her exposed legs hungrily. With Josephine he'll have to settle for calves, but the smooth fibers of her suit give off an attractive smooth luster that catches his eye. "Good evening, Priscus. Was just enjoying the company of Brother Gilroy here. Clever fellow. I can see why you've been keeping him all to yourself."

The compliment is paid with a lighthearted smirk as he is shameless in his pandering. Not that Josephine really had been hoarding Gilroy, but they shared company often enough.

8. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

Ah, Blasphemy. It had such a special place in her heart, Josephine thought with a cool smile before closing the message from one of her herd and stowing the phone away again.

"Priscus Roth, Brother Kenneth,"
    she said, raising her black eyes to the other kindred around her. The smile became strained, her dark pupils finding their way to the tender veneer of skin at the other Kindred's throats, the most vulnerable place to strike those other demons down...Of course, such was not what she truly wanted to do, merely the emotion raised by the piece of hell that had been placed in her soul, and so she let the urge pass by.

"...And Tomas, of course. I would suggest, perhaps, that it wasn't merely a convergence of convenient circumstances that allowed you to evade such a breach of the Masquerade. I would be happy to speak with you upon the matter some other time if you would wish it. Or you could speak with the clever fellow here...Speaking of which, I'm pleased that you're so fond of those in my covenant, Priscus Roth," Josephine finished with a slight tilt of her head to the Carthian Gangrel.

10. Likes Vassagon liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

The approach of the Haunt began a biliousness feeling despite his pleasantries. But, no reason not to continue the friendliness. “Why thank you Kenneth.” A soft grin, but her focus was on the new Savage’s explanation. And if she was supposed to use their titles, surly they'd correct her at some point. But since she was unaligned, Vivian would just let the words flow as is from her Vixen stained lips.

“No, not boring at all. But caution is recommended like Konrad said. Just because the city is larger doesn’t mean things will get lost in the shuffle.” Because on a slow news day, that made front page of the second section.

A sly smile, a raised brow in response. “And thank you Konrad, it was probably the most acceptable thing to wear tonight. I did ponder a bathing suit though.” People wore far less in clubs sometimes as it were.

The way the Lady spoke was a religious overview of fate. It would be an interesting conversation another time. But, something struck her that the Savage Priscus mentioned. “Is this new? Presenting newcomers to the Prince?” Martha never presented her as such, but it was worth the question, at least to the Daeva.

I thought he’d just need a memo… the man is busy, doing Asylumy things after all.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth noticed Tomas didn't give a covenant affiliation, which meant he was unaligned more than likely. Or by the sound of his story, possibly just new and unused to giving introduction. Josephine must have noticed as well because of her offer to talk. N doubted Mr. Warren seemed ripe for conversion to her if she was offering Gilroy to proselytize.

Kenneth mentally chided himself. He had to stop thinking like that. So far when the Lord had asked him to speak it had been out of respect for his opinions. While that was refreshing, it still didn't mean Gilroy was sure he would be any good at missionary work. All that aside he still smiled and nodded to Warren when the Bishop Sister made the offer.

Gilroy cocked his head slightly to one side, causing his neck to pop. Had she never read the posted laws? Angel had of course given him the basics when he had arrived but Kenneth had still found it useful to read the laws in their entirety. Ignorance after all was no excuse. "Either the Prince or Seneschal can grant long term acknowledgement." he explained "Prisci and Covenant heads," he instinctively glanced to Josephine "can grant the privilege temporarily but Presentation still needs to happen by the next court. And without a Seneschal, that means it must be to the Prince. And then of course you must continue to attend court regularly or the acknowledgement is lost. If two are missed in a row presentation has to be re-accomplished." Gilroy faded off a little weakly at the end, realizing it might sound like he was lecturing.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

PRE

"I believe someone passed you an outdated copy of the Domain Laws, Brother Kenneth," Josephine replied, her tone indicating just how little esteem she granted that particular someone. "It is within a Priscus' power to grant a full Acknowledgement. As a Priscus, this I know. Now, it's not a bad idea to inform the prince of the new...member of your family, but a formal presentation isn't required."

The Wiki has now been updated. Ty West

14. Likes West liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.