DISPLAYED
(Fulfilling a Favor) Konrad's Company

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Angel Ducard may have her reasons for calling Konrad out for a night on the town, but Konrad figures it's a great opportunity for him to make a new ally. Her words hinted at the promise of a job. A job meant business and a payout. That and she seems like a pleasant woman to be around, despite being both a Predator and a Haunt. The desaturated look was beginning to grow on him.

Hopping in his van, Konrad pulls out into the streets and navigates the roadways of Sacramento. As always he keeps a careful eye out for the fuzz, but so long as he doesn't attract attention he imagines he'll be alright. He heads to the address Angel has given him, pulling up to the sidewalk where she aught to be. The full size van isn't exactly a big draw for the ladies, but Konrad is more practical than showy. Plus there's plenty of room in the cargo space for some organic developments if things go that way.

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life

A
    Angel Ducard

I sit in my dark sedan, waiting in the mall parking lot for my new toy to arrive. It will be an interesting night ahead, that is for certain. Konrad is a interesting man and may be of benefit, if these plans continue to go well. I had thought that someone else may be more useful in this role, but things change and one must adapt.

My door opens and out I step, my ballet slippers make no noise on the pavement below my feet. A silver cigarette case appears out of my purse and flips open. I slide a cigarette between my lips and wait a few moments before setting the tip ablaze. A short frequency spike before I easily make it regain it's proper balance. Every time I light a cigarette, I would think that I would become accustom by now.

Where is my new toy now... should be here any time.

Angel This Evening

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

He may have an address but he has yet to lay eyes on the Miss Monochrome. With no other option he finds a parking spot and surveys his surroundings from the driver's seat.

He brings out his phone and sends a quick text to her.

Just got here. Big gray van with a handsome guy behind the wheel.

Konrad this Evening

A
    Angel Ducard

Hard to miss the big gray van... Does the van have puppies in it? Or maybe candy. I respond, and then follow up with another. I am three rows away, leaning against my car. We take my vehicle, that way we don't look like we are trying to pilfer children...

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad looks out his window, seeing the familiar colorless figure after she's been pointed out to him. He mulls over the idea of getting into the woman's car without a means of defense. 'Is that a prybar in your pocket or are you just really happy to see me?' he jokes to himself in private parody. But then there is always a risk to these sorts of things. Lately he's realized that just about anything can be used as a weapon. It is just a matter of making use of your surroundings.

Shutting off the vehicle, Konrad steps out and locks up before walking over to Angel. Thankfully her Beast remains masked. It would put a damper on their rendezvous if he got the urge to stomp that pretty face into the cement. But her appearance is decidedly Vampiric, a stark contrast of her features that stood out around mortal company. Maybe she hadn't planned on hitting a bar at all tonight. He also notes the cigarette and pulls out his pack, tapping the carton against his open palm.

"Oh, just the usual van stuff," he answers her with a smirk. Pulling out a white cylinder from the pack and trading the carton for a lighter from his pocket. He keeps his distance as the small flame flickers into life, burning the edge of the tobacco as he puffs, bringing a trail of smoke forth.

A
    Angel Ducard

"Thank you for meeting with me Konrad. Sweet boy that you are." I say to the Gangrel Priscus, "Come, we should go for a drive." I move back to the drivers side of my car and slide into the car with ease.

Once my Savage counterpart joins me I start my car and pull out of the parking lot.

"So, where would you like me to start? Business or Pleasure? Not to say the business won't be at least a little pleasurable, you are with me after all."

My understanding is that the previous link for Angel's current attire wasn't working for some people, so here is another link.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad taps the bit of ash left from his first draw on the cigarette. He moves around to the passenger side of her sedan silently and enters, rolling the window down a bit to let the smoke air out. Even though Kindred don't need to breath or smell, Konrad doesn't know who Angel invites into her car or if they'd be bothered by the smoke. Just a polite gesture.

"Business then. That way we've got nothing to distract us after," he answers straightforwardly.

A
    Angel Ducard

"Business it is," I pull out of the parking lot and begin to drive. For being a savage, he certainly is a polite one. My car cruses nicely down the street. It is nothing special, a simple sedan, but it does ride smoothly. "So, Mr. Roth," I say in a haughty business like tone, "A Sargent of the SPD called me for a favor. Someone tapped his office phone. He thinks it may be related to a uptick in organized crime that his people have been investigating. The examples he provided were things such as, black markets, Chop Shops, and gambling houses. One can assume with those vices others follow. Rumor has it, that you are a man of various skills, how would you feel about lending me a hand. Working as partners in this?" As I pull up to a red light, I turn to look at him, my eyes drill into his letting him know that he has a choice, but saying no, well, that just wouldn't be any fun...

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad blinks three times and gives Angel a sidelong glance. This is clearly not the business he had expected.

"The police? Why would a Sergeant ask you for a favor?" answers Konrad with his own question. "I mean, you're not wrong," he adds quickly. "I've got plenty of ins on the black market, but I'd like to stay off their radar as long as I can. That's bad news for me if the police have gotten wind of it. You say someone tapped his phone?"

That's just the thing about crime though. It leaves its mark no matter how well you try to cover it up. People going missing, break-ins, tax statements that just don't add up, it all gets reported to someone. Konrad knows better than to mess with the SPD, especially with the Domain Laws being what they are.

A
    Angel Ducard

That sidelong glance that he is giving me is not giving me hope. Either that or he is surprised that I would bring this to him. "I have contacts within the police force, and we occasionally cross paths because of my work. My understanding is that the Sargent is worried it is an inside job and he doesn't know who to trust. So safer to go outside then in."

I nod to Konrad as we continue to drive, "Yes a phone tap. So someone slipped into his office and put it into the handset of his phone. So Konrad... have I piqued your interest?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread