THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

One Block from the Nox Populi | Aspect of Predator Supressed | -1 Vitae for Blush of Life

Being a Priscus meant new responsibilities. And one of those is getting weird phone calls, or in this case a text, out of the blue by some new family member dropping by the Domain for a bite. The screening process hadn't seemed hard before, with Katya and Alessandra. But after meeting Jax Shit, Konrad is starting to feel a bit more wary about unfamiliar family. Cause if he makes a bad judgement call on a newcomer it is his ass on the line.

After having texted back the mysterious texter, Konrad heads to the east end of Capitol Park and hides out on the edge of the treeline trying to look inconspicuous. With an conscious effort he suspends the usual Aspect of the Predator that protects him from the fear caused by the Predator's Taint. He wants to get a sense of this newcomer's predatory strength and age at a glance. At least if Konrad falls to the fear he's got a nice stretch of park to run and hide in.

He waits and watches silently.

Stealth
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-18 23:21:41 Konrad Roth rolls 7 to remain hidden at the Capitol Park's edge [DEX+Stealth] (10 Again) 8, 4, 2, 2, 10, 10, 5, 10, 10, 8, 2 6 successes

2. Likes West liked this post
    R
    Rincewind

Wonderful Tomas thought to himself upon reading Konrads reply.
    Just come to a bus stop and wait where I can see you but you can't see me
    Although he can't help but feel like a deer in crosshairs, Tomas crosses the street and sits down.
    Forcing the blood to the surface as to appear as any other late night traveller, he's eyes dart back and forth nervously, awaiting what would hopefully turn out to be his new Priscus.
    Or his killer.

-1 Vitae for blush of life

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Maybe it had been rude of him to keep the guy waiting while he cases the bus stop from the shadows. But once he does his Beast snarls internally, sensing the distinct impression of prey ready to be mauled into a splatter of undead flesh on the glass walls. Of course that'd be rude of him too. It isn't the first time he's seen prey outside of Elysium that he's wanted to erase, so he manages his Beastly instincts and comes out of hiding, rounding the bus stop and coming into view.

Konrad stands there a moment, letting the prey get a feel for him. If he had headed straight there the prey might've frenzied on the spot. When the moment passes, Konrad walks up to the bus stop and sits down.

"Hey," he says casually. "Name's Konrad. You the guy I'm supposed to meet?" The man can see him wearing unremarkable blue jeans matched with an unremarkable black long-sleeved t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, not too different from Tomas's own attire.

R
    Rincewind

When Konrad comes into view, Tomas's beast rears up in fear, thoughts race through his mind begging him to flee, maybe try to lose himself in the trees.
    It is only the pause in Konrad's stride that allows him to wrest control of his faculties from the mindless beast within.
    Tomas is still trying to stop the fear from showing as Kondrad approaches and sits down.

As Konrad speaks, Tomas can't help but admire his laid back demeanor, A stark contrast to some of the prim and proper lords he had encountered in the past.
    "Tomas" he says with a quick jerk of his thumb towards himself. "Thanks for meeting me, I know you must be busy managing our little family here."

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Nah, not really. They're good girls, far as I can tell. I'll introduce you sometime," says Konrad before ominously adding, "You know, if things go well."

Konrad pauses a moment, keeping his eyes on his supposed Clanmate. Looking past the Beast the guy didn't seem to command any sort of magnetism. If it weren't for the preternatural mannerisms, and of course the Beast itself, Konrad might not even give the guy a second glance. Other than that though, the Priscus can't get a read on him.

Read Emotions | Fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-19 18:49:25 Konrad Roth rolls 4 to read Tomas's emotions [WIT+Emp] (1s Subtract) 3, 6, 5, 6 failure
    "Anyways, nice to meet you, Tomas. Here's how this is going to work. We're going to walk down a block and head into a club, the Nox. It's a classy joint for fellas like us to take a load off without having to worry about appearances. Then we're going to talk brass tacks. If you play ball and mind your manners then we can talk about more lasting arrangements for your stay. Or, if you're just here temporarily then we can talk here with our code phrases and maybe I'll give you a weekend pass or something to tide you over. So, that cool with you?"

R
    Rincewind

"I'd like that."
    Feeling elated to have seemingly passed initial scrunity, Tomas pauses, his eyes move to the floor and he appears deep in thought for a moment or two.
    "I think i'd like to stick around, for a while at least."
    He stands and motions towards the road. "Lead on."

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Alright then." Konrad stands and begins walking towards 15th street, using the crosswalk to reach the opposite sidewalk. He turns left and glances back to check if Tomas if following. Just as Konrad had said, it is only a block to reach one of the most popular dance clubs in town, the Nox Populi. Its underground serves as Elysium in the heart of downtown. Being a regular attendee of Court, Konrad finds his way easily to the descending Stairs.

Once they reach the safety of the landing, Konrad looks to Tomas. "I probably should have asked before we came in, but if you've got any weapons on you, make sure to leave them here at the coat check. The immediate downtown area is also off limits for feeding. The Prince doesn't want to bring too much suspicion to his nightclub. Anyways, I'll cover all the important stuff in a minute. Just drop whatever you've got off on the counter and we'll have a seat over on the couches. There's no violence here in Elysium so you don't gotta worry about me doing anything." No violence against Acknowledged at least, but Tomas doesn't need to know the specifics just yet. Best to let him think he's safe to hurry things along.

R
    Rincewind

Tomas follows, wanting to say something to break the silence, but thinking of nothing opts merely to observe the city on the way.
    Fortunately it is a short trip to Nox, and he is shortly descending the stairs with Konrad to Elysium.

As they pass the counter Tomas feel a certain anxiety as he is asked to surrender his weapons.
    "Guess i'll have to trust you ey?" he says as he reaches under his shirt to the back of his waistband, pulls out a clean hunting knife still in its sheath, and drops it onto the counter.
    Tomas knows violence is forbidden in Elysium, he also knows he wouldn't be the first kindred to meet his final death within it's walls.
    He steels himself, and follows Konrad's beckoning to a nearby couch and sits down, habitually making to place his legs on a nearby table, but stops himself before potentially making a bad impression.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Huh, good thing I asked, thinks Konrad, eyeing the knife against the countertop. So far the man seems smart and prepared, learning enough about the Domain to find out who he needed to talk to and how to reach them. Cooperative. Lots of green flags, or brownie points, or whatever.

"Yeah, well, it is what it is," answers Konrad cryptically, giving a small shrug as he joins Tomas on the couches.

"Alright, so welcome to Sacramento, the Domain of Prince Asa Clarke of the Invictus. I'll be your host for the evening, your Priscus, Konrad Roth. Now the way things are set up here, each Clan gets a Priscus to manage them. I'm sure you've figured that much out. I have the authority to grant hunting and feeding rights and Tenancy, and that kind of thing on behalf of His Grace." Konrad leans forward, elbows on his knees, tapping his fingers of both hands against each other idly.

"So, why don't you tell me a little about yourself, Tomas. What brings you to Sacramento, for starters?"

R
    Rincewind

"Hunger. Companionship. Protection, why do any of us congregate around the kine instead of freely hunting and feeding as our insticts demand?"
    Tomas smirks and continues.

"I was a nomad for some time, roaming the smaller towns, looking for more of my kind, learning what I could here and there.
    Some.....run ins, shall we say, led me to believe a larger forest would make it harder to root out the wolf."

I'd have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those damn kids! Aw well, lessons learnt.

"I developed an interest in the blood magic of the crone, but the circles I found were all talk, I had hoped to find something of more...substance here."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread