Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(For Justine) Coaxing the Ghost

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Speak with the Dead | 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-03 12:47:27 Truce rolls 7 to cast Speak with the Dead rote [WIT+Occ+Death] (10 Again) 5, 3, 3, 5, 3, 2, 8 1 success
    Truce arrives with Pelican at La Riviera Drive and finds a nearby parking spot for his Chevy Impala. Before exiting the vehicle he performs his Rote to gaze into the realm of Twilight. For all the time that may have passed between now and the last time they spoke with Justine, she may have perceived the flow of time differently in order to cope with the tedium. Whether that time had softened her anger or not they would find out soon enough.

Truce exits the car, binder in hand, and begins his walk over to the lamp post. Perhaps the others, Mace and Emrys, were already there. Truce also keeps an eye out for Justine to see if she remains where they had left her and if she has noticed them yet.

Emrys

PRE

Unable to see ghosts on his own, Emrys had decided to keep his distance from Justine. The mention of La Riviera drive at the library and from the previous encounter drew not just Emrys's attention but the Enchanter himself.

"Hey." Emrys said with a wave as Truce approached. "Figured I'd keep away since I can't see her yet. Mind hookin' me up with some Death mojo?"

L
    LoneRanger

I arrive with Truce, and I prepare for my part. Sat down on the Chevy Impala, I wave my hand and here is the sign. The perception of reality changes and I can see beyond. I get off the car after a thumb up to Truce.

Before moving near the other Willworkers, I remain near the car to spot anyone who may be coming wanted or unwanted- Ah here is Ermys, so I greet friendly the Enchanter with a wave of the hand.

Discern Composition, 2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-04 03:41:34 Pelican rote: Discern Composition - No chant rolls 8 to Wit+Sci+Matter(8) (10 Again) 2, 9, 5, 8, 4, 1, 4, 3 2 successes

C
    Casitive

Justine sits like a discarded doll at the foot of her light post, staring up at the moon. Her eyes are wide as she stares up, reflecting the silvery light. She is just as she was the last time the group was there. Justine's party dress glitters but she doesn't move much and the once-pretty girl, now pretty-ghost seems to not have noticed the incoming Moros. Not yet.

A buzzing at Truce's pocket heralds the message that Mace will not be able to make it tonight and wishes him good luck.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce returns the wave and comes up to Emrys. "Very well. Let's both do our best to keep her calm and cooperative. I will place the sight on you."

With a few arcane mudras, Truce performs the same Rote with Emrys as its target that he might see and speak with Justine.
      Speak with the Emrys | 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-05 23:18:25 Truce rolls 7 to cast Speak with the Dead rote on Emrys [WIT+Occ+Death] (10 Again) 9, 6, 5, 4, 3, 9, 4 2 successes
    Even with Mace's absence tonight, Truce believes they can make progress on this endeavor. He's already committed to the task with all the information and experience he needs at his disposal.

"Please follow my lead in this?" he asks pleadingly to Emrys. "We assess her mood and try to explain things to her gently. If she has concerns or questions about her state of being, I would like to try to answer them."

A look is given to Pelican, if he has approached alongside them. Truce isn't sure if the man is capable of seeing or speaking to Justine, but Truce doesn't give him any instruction on what role he may play in this ghost therapy.

Emrys

PRE

Emrys listened as Truce spoke, obviously skeptical of that plan. "Do a better job then last time and sure, I'll follow your lead."

It wasn't a promise, but he wasn't coming back a third time if they botched it this time. A gesture in the depressed ghosts direction indicated Truce could take the lead, but if he failed? Emrys wasn't letting Truce's ego interfere with this, they had to succeed this time regardless of who Justine responded most to.

L
    LoneRanger

Before moving to join the other, I start chanting. It is a strange chant. Strange sounds comes out from my throath. My hands draw signs and sigils in the air, the eyes are covered with what could appear to be a coin for each eye. The price to cross the Avernus, in legends of Old. My eyes... Ah my eyes. I cannot see the Twilight. I can see the Twilight. Oh yes. I see. The Twilight.

Speak with the Dead 1 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-06 15:45:25 Death + Gnosis + HS rolls 4 to Speak with Dead(4) (10 Again) 4, 2, 2, 8 1 success

I join the other and watch the scene. So the scene is set and the actors as well. Keep calm... I mean, I am from the Urbs Indomita, the Indomitable City. At the end of the day, I've seen some really proud townsfolk, so to speak. It is a matter of fact. So... I nod and smile friendly to Truce.

I should just remember... Where did I put the Hungarian phrasebook?

Then I look at the other Willworkers, I smile friendly to them all and tell them friendly:

Gents, all the best and good luck.

If Truce has istructions for me, I wait for them.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce ignores Emrys's comment, knowing this to be the worst time for an argument between them. The Necromancer instead approaches Justine, moving close enough where they could speak comfortably beneath the light of the lamp.

"A penny for your thoughts, Justine?" he asks her in way of greeting with a soft and apologetic smile on his expression.

C
    Casitive

Humming a quiet song, and if any of the magi are well-versed in 90s music they'd recognize it, Justine turns her eyes towards Truce. Wide-eyed, jumbled thoughts filter and rearrange themselves. “I'm waiting for my Dad.” Eternally waiting, always waiting, until the girl's identity is nothing more than the single word – waiting. “Have you seen him?

Blinking, recognition appears and another thought appears – “You are back!

She didn't recognize Truce immediately; that side of her stuck in the mid 90s.

I feel heavy.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

It saddens Truce as he notes Justine's initial lack of awareness. As he thought, the sense of time distorts for her. Ignorance seems a blissful alternative to the awareness of endless tedium and helplessness.

"Hello, yes, we're back," answers Truce with a more mirthful smile, taking her recognition for enthusiasm.

"Heavy? Well that sounds unpleasant. Maybe I can help with that."

Truce walks over to the lamp post and places a hand on the metal surface, hoping the lighten the anchor and give Justine some more freedom of movement.
      Lighten Anchor | 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-08 08:27:43 Truce rolls 5 to cast improvised Lighten Anchor on Justine's anchor [Gno+Death] (10 Again) 6, 8, 1, 7, 3 1 success
    "Is that any better?" he asks her.

OOC

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread