Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Finding their Place

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    T

Chuck sat absently archiving emails on his phone in the William A Carroll Amphitheatre in front of the lake and across the road from 'Fairytale Town' while he waited for the rest of his pack to arrive. It was dusk and the peals of laughter and screams of delight had long since gone from the playground, replaced by the slow but steady shuffling of the janitor finding and collecting unpaired shoes and cleaning up messes from ice-creams that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Chuck had called the pack together to discuss territory. He was frustrated that Simon had decided to go back to New York, but more than anything it hurt his pride. They'd spent more than a few days on the road together to get here, managed to pull a pack together and then he just took off like all the work Chuck had been doing for them meant nothing. But Chuck couldn't just abandon his new pack like that. How would that make him look? No. He was in it for the long haul and this was just the next step in the process.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ary tromped down the path running down the center of the seats. Looking around, she found it a strange place to gather. Out in the open, no clear cover, lines of sight everywhere. It wasn't even the middle of the day, when there could be dozens of the Herd gathered around to take a bullet for them, or at least prevent the Pure from shifting safely. That all seemed like a huge oversight, in her opinion. But Chuck was the Alpha, and he called them there, and it was her duty to follow.

The tall woman plopped herself down across from Chuck, adjusting her combat jacket for a moment so she wasn't sitting uncomfortably on it. She leaned forwards, putting her fingertips together in front of her and resting her elbows on her knees. "Heya. Why did you call?"

E
    Enoich

Needless to say, this park was... Interesting. Just south of downtown proper, within close proximity to a cemetery, and housing a curious little kid's park known simply as Fairytale Land, William Lands Park was... Kind of perfect! Jacqueline rather enjoyed the wide swaths of grass, the nearby lake, and the overall charm of it. It was surprising to see in such a relatively modern city like Sacramento. However, Chuck wanted to talk here. Was it to stay incognito? Considering that it was well past peak hours and the only other souls were the occasional custodians, that was unlikely.

Sauntering into the scene, Jacqui arrives at the amphitheater, noting the well-worn benches and the relatively spartan stage that did not lack for originality in color... "Very nice..." she murmured to herself. Seating herself aside the Alpha and diagonal from Aryana, she tried not to mention Simon. What he did was for his own reasons and it was better to forget it. "Hope you didn't start without me or anything. Nice place around here... Have you been to the zoo yet?"

T

"Aryana, Jacqueline." Chuck looked up from his phone, locked it and slipped it back into his pocket. "I want us to talk about territory and this seemed like a good place to start. We're just waiting on Allison now. Have either of you seen her recently?" he said looking around.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana shrugs at Chuck. "No, I haven't seen her around. I assumed she was hanging out with you, planning things like this." She hoped the Beta hadn't rolled into town, beat her up, and then rolled back out. That would just suck. "What's your current plan on territory? Got a particular area in mind?" She assumed the park was in it. Otherwise, why meet there and not on Tur, where it was safe?

E
    Enoich

"I'm sure she'll be around. Probably just caught up in some kind of craziness." Jacqueline had no trouble shrugging off the problem. While the situation was important, it did not mean that packmates didn't have lives or autonomy. Heck, she might have found some cute human or wolfblooded and was otherwise... too distracted to answer her phone. She decided not to bring it up, but that possibility still existed.

"Territory... I'll be honest here, I haven't encountered a situation like this, where none of the Forsaken have established territory. I thought that there would be some concrete way to settle this, but everyone seems too busy to discuss it, not to mention the Reclaimers situation... Bleh." It might have seemed ambitious to try and sort out territory when they did not even have a Totem at the time, but that was pre-planning. A totem was an eventual thing, now they had to set it into motion, "I imagine that the pack just... well, sits on the territory until everyone else got the hint. However, Prideful Harrier would be a greater boon of information for this." Wriggling in her seat, she feels the need to bring him into the scene, but wonders if it is her place. "He can be brought in, of course, but it is not my place. Chuck?"

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

You all can attempt to sense spirits, you can look across the gauntlet. You can wander and see if anything catches your attention. The choice is yours.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

"Mm, good point." Ary nods at Jacqui, then takes a moment to focus, drawing her senses sideways. It wasn't unlike the shedding of yourself that she went through at a Locus, when changing to the Hisil entirely, but...it was only her senses. Just a quick peek. A lot easier.

1suxx to Peer
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-27 23:10:13 Aryana Whitaker rolls 7 to Peer Across the Gauntlet (10 Again) 3, 8, 4, 2, 1, 6, 5 1 success

T

Chuck nodded at Jacqueline. "The only territory I have heard of being potentially claimed is what Bullrush declared at the Tur and the downtown area north of here past the Lincoln Highway. So yes. I thought this area would be good. Lots of parkland, there's the Zoo. Which I haven't been to yet." He said, nodding to Jacqueline and realizing he'd ignored her question before.

Thinking it best to see if there any spirits around and not just their totem he took a moment to concentrate on finding any entities in the vicinity.

4 suxx Detect ephemeral spirits
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-27 23:36:57 Chuck rolls 7 to Detect ephemeral spirits: Wits + Occult + PU + Spec (10 Again) 7, 10, 9, 10, 9, 7, 2, 3, 3 4 successes

E
    Enoich

It felt really good to be validated. It wasn't as if Jacqueline needed the approval of her packmates to feel good, but still there was a certain amount of warmth to it, to feel like she was effective. Still, Spirits were everywhere and Jacqui knew that this park would be as populated as everywhere else. It was a natural environment that attracted joy, love, and assuredly some deal of negative frustrations. This was no paved over suburb, devoid of a unique Hisil.

Settling down in the grass in a cross-legged fashion, Jacqueline closed her eyes and her ears and tried to tap into the Shadow World, the mirror of our own world that was once a single place long ago. Breathing in the rich scent of early spring, she reached out with her mind to the spirits around her, sensing for any inimical or beneficial aura that dwelt in this land. Additionally, her mind sent itself out to try and reach the Prideful Harrier, a noble and a leader in the Spirit Realm. He was as much apart of this Pack as they were and this was a group effort.

3 Successes to Detect Spirits
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-28 23:08:36 Jacqueline Navarre rolls 8 to Reaches over the Gauntlet (Wits+Occult+Specialty+PU) (10 Again) 9, 2, 7, 1, 2, 10, 10, 5, 1, 3 3 successes

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last