Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Getting Acquainted (Open)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    s
    sumthingpositiv

After learning that Tracy Burns was no longer Priscus, Katya realizes that the only way she'll get a chance to check out the Asylum and start working her magic there, is if she goes herself to check out the place. She knows Chris has offered to show her around but also understands that he is perhaps one of the busiest kindred in Sacramento and decides to respect his own time.

Besides, this way walking in cold can let Katya take in her surrounding and process them at her own pace. She leaves her bag of rope and other toys in her car, not expecting to do anything tonight but has them just in case. She steps out wearing doc martens, black jeans and a white button up shirt, keeping the top button undone. Her hair is in braids and her face is not covered in her ceremonial paint, requiring her to activate her blush of life before she enters the Asylum. She stands at the entrance and looks at the layout, getting familiar with what would hopefully be her second place of worship.

-1 for Blush of life

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Asylum is, as it ever was.

Decor and faces may change, but the nature of people do not. The outside is littered with people; singles, pairs, and groups. Laughter and low tones mix in the shadows, rising over the dull throb of music within. Outlandish and purposeful outfits are everywhere, and every now and then the door opens to accept or expectorate patrons.

More than one blatant appraisal is directed at the attractive Gangrel, and more than one is accompanied by a proposition.

The interior is more of the same -- much, much more. More people, more garish clothing, more music, more exposure. The air is thick with a melange of odors. Perfume, sweat, smoke, each have their own texture and are the film on a sea of desire that has it's own pungent scent. The music is loud, a visceral encouragement and pardon of the patrons, drowning out soft sounds of negotiation and louder sounds of exploitation. Walls frame alcoves and scening areas, most occupied, some empty. A flash of lights on skin comes from the suspension area.

At the bar, in the middle of this den of inequity, the Prince of the Domain casually sips a dark drink.

Despite the blazer and dark dress shirt, he is perfectly at home, leaning forward as he talks with the small brunette bartender.

It's obvious, especially in a place like this, when someone doesn't belong. It's equally obvious when they do.

Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

3. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

It's like returning to home only to find out that it has grown in size and that whoever re-designed the place did a much better job. Katya keeps her face from expressing outward awe, but internally she is quite impressed with the inside. The music takes her back to her time in Detroit and the mix of flesh gives her a faint reminder of her time with the Acolytes back home. Even the faint sound of people negotiating play scenes gives her a sense of levity, the honor of consent and negotiating needs being one of her favorite parts about the scene.

The appraisals and invitations are shrugged off with ease but with elegance. She thanks those who compliment her and politely tells them she's okay in regards to taking any propositions at the moment, but gives an extra flirtatious grin as she passes by. Such coquettish behavior is something she generally tries to avoid, but sometimes, even with lust, egos can be bruised and Katya isn't looking to inflict any bruises tonight until she can learn more.

She stops when the lights focus on the suspension area and gives it the attention it commands, looking at who the actors are that take focus and the level of intimacy they have despite being in the center of a crowded room. After watching for a few minutes, she decides it would be better to observe from the bar and view the entire area rather than turn her head left and right like a freshman at college. She walks up to the bar about two seats away from the Prince and waits to get the bartenders' attention. Due to his Mask being up, she has no idea her potential destruction is just a few feet away.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

With an eternity of experiences, it's easy to become jaded. If familiarity could breed contempt in the eye-blink of a Mortal's life, how long until everything becomes familiar to an immortal?

And yet, some things always demanded attention.

Asa's eyes found the Savage, much as others' had, but for entirely different reasons. The movement into his space, too peripheral to note her beauty, roused the sleeping predator within. A flicker of movement was all it took, but it was all the Beast needed. His head slowly turned, fighting back the sudden wet, crimson rage at the intrusion. Here, of all places, he could cut her to pieces, sing the sweet lullaby of her dying screams to the monster within, and no one would ever know.

It takes practice. To think about fucking someone while preoccupied with murderous hate. Eyes took in the curves of tight denim, and the open button, and he managed.

He'd had a lot of practice.

"I've never seen you here before,"
    he finally spoke.

A considering smile hid the choler that was controlled but no less intense as he gestured for Cozette to attend to the newcomer.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya does not notice the brief gesture of Asa's beast, but does turn when he speaks to her. She returns the smile to him and then politely gets a drink when Cozette asks. "It's my first time here. I've wanted to check it out for a while and was waiting on a friend to take me but they're very busy." she says as she looks him over. What stands out to her is that he did not give her a blank compliment about her image, nor does he seem to want to mingle and find someone to have fun with tonight despite plenty of options out there. It's when she recalls him gesturing to the bartender that she pieces some clue together. Her head rises slightly as she thinks of the best way to test her hypothesis without assuming too far ahead. "Well, my first time in this building. I've been in town for a little bit to meet some Friends and Family. They offered to show me this place but they're very busy. I couldn't wait, so I thought I'd check it out myself. Does this magnificent establishment belong to you?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes left the woman, slowly roaming around their surroundings.

It hadn't been so long ago, that he'd asked that question. Or that the owner had been ashed, here.

"I am a owner,"
    he agreed. Eyes returned back to the newcomer; for a moment, he sifted through what might have brought her to the conclusion. A shame, really, that the luxury of anonymity was now lost. Were his sister still traveling, he might have wholly claimed it, but she was not, so he did not.

"Who is your friend, and what was your interest in The Asylum?"

It had been years since any Kindred had shown more than a passing interest in the place; whether that was passing by, or watching the passing of one of their own. An eyebrow raised slightly in curiosity, and his eyes flickered over her attire.

Then again, he wasn't dressed for play, either.

8. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

When he confirms as being one of an owner, she gives a subtle bow of her head and smiles, "It is an honor to meet you then." such humble flattery could be offered as a pleasant compliment to a business owner while also being a subtle gesture of respect to the ruler of this city.

Flattery could be handed out later, right now he had questions for her that she didn't hesitate in answering. "My friends' name is Chris Wooding. Have you heard of him? He says he's been here before." she watches his body language to see if the name of the Reeve rings a bell. He certainly carries himself as someone who knows everyone who comes in here so if he does not, she can at least feign naivete.

With regard to his other question, she tilts her head slightly as she relaxes in a stool next to him and says "This location is one of my primary reasons for visiting this city." she gestures her hand to the masses of carnal pleasure before them and sets it back down on the bar as she says "This particular lifestyle is very important to me both spiritually and personally. My practice in it is a big part of my life and I sought this place to expand my horizons and hone my skills. But before I just waltzed in and started playing, I wanted to be sure to meet the person in charge and learn what specific rules he might have."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

It would be a poor Prince who didn't know his own Reeve.

Chris Wooding, off and on leader of the Crone, Hound to a Regent under fire, Reeve cut out of the loop, and friend of Allison Black's.

And, of course, that little Blood situation.

"We've met,"
    Asa answered. The hint of a smile suggested it was more than a simple greeting in passing, which, for most of that particular's Shadow's tenure in the city, it had been. She'd mentioned Friends and Family, and named Wooding a friend... and she wouldn't be the first Shadow in the city reeking of the Predator's Taint.

"I can't say that I've ever known him to frequent this place, but he is a busy man."
    Asa turned slightly, giving her more of his attention. A guessing game of Blood, but obviously not one she gave any importance to by her lack of mention.

"How is this lifestyle important to you, and what do you practice?"

s
    sumthingpositiv

She nods, "Indeed he is." she says before thinking of how best to answer his question without violating any laws. "My specialty is Shibari rope, something I learned a long time ago back in college. I got involved in the kink scene in Michigan and explored many different forms of pain and humiliation both as a Top and Bottom. I wanted to push myself and started to explore blood play. It was my Savage practice that caught the attention of an older Cousin of mine who introduced me to a whole new world."

She gives him a smile and a wink and then pretends to drink from her glass, pausing as she re-organizes her ideas so she doesn't speak too cryptically. "It was when my cousin introduced me to a faith that had pagan ties with drawing worship towards the deities of the underworld that I saw how my BDSM interests could play a role in my faith. Kink provided a way to bring awareness into my mind through pain and tribulation. Unfortunately, Michigan isn't as open minded as some might think, so I felt it would be best to grow if I sought out more open minded places, which is what led me here."

She keeps eye contact with him, and can't help but think of Inanna, taking her first steps into the Underworld once more. It's obvious he guards many gates, but what will he ask of her before letting her pass, if he will grant it at all?

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow arched slowly at the wink.

Not being intimately familiar with the Circle, he was unaware that such interpretations could be made. It was a surprise, but not surprising. Much like the hierarchy of needs, beliefs and ideologies sat far, far removed from the primal nature that could be evoked and celebrated.

"I've always admired the tangible beauty and imagination that goes in to Shibari,"
    Asa answered. Thoughts shuffled, filing away her affiliations, and who she answered to -- bound by belief and Blood as surely as any rope.

"The woman who originally owned Asylum told me that there were no lies within these walls."
    There were, of course -- on the surface. "That one only had to cut deeply and precisely enough to find the truth in every sound and tear spilled here."

Whether in pain or pleasure, it mattered little.

"Do you have a portfolio?"

13. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread