Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Ivory Tower) Substance Theory

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    C
    Casitive

Against the backdrop of rainclouds, the red-brick facade of the building the Temoins du Sud call home stands out. It imposes with its arched main floor windows and its battlements. In a way, it looks like a cross between a sanitarium and an old elementary school, but it both fits in with the neighborhood and is a keystone of it. Cars rush past and a light attempts to keep the peace with Sacramento city traffic.

Moving with purpose, a woman moves towards the door. A gray cape floats behind the woman making her appear spectral as she pierces the mists, unperturbed by the rain. A large red floppy hat occludes all of her features except one: the tips of a shock of white hair.

The figure stops, leans one way and then another, before taking the front stairs by twos and ringing the door bell. Nosy, the woman's fingers peek into the Mailbox. After all, mail to and from a place tells quite a lot about a person. It also keeps her from being too impatient as she looks down at her tapping feet.

Bad habit, that.

Damascus ( Eris ) Einstein ( Cabochard ) Truce ( Vassagon ) Crowley ( Yumyumcrow )

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

After a moment's passing, Truce comes to the door, peering through the peephole and then dutifully unbolting the portal. He keeps it partially closed, enough for his head to remain visible in case it is some solicitor for which he will give a brief but polite goodbye.

"Hello," he says in greeting to the large floppy red hat and white hair tips. "Can I help you?" He hasn't heard of his Cabalmates expecting guests today, though he wouldn't be surprised if it slipped their minds to tell him.

Today Truce wears a simple forest green sweatervest over a buttoned up shirt and khaki slacks.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein's head pokes out behind Truce. The doorbell ringing was always an exciting moment for a house. All of a sudden, there was a mystery. Who could it be? Maybe there was a package being delivered, or someone selling something. Or...a weird lady in a red hat rifling through their mail. "Hi." A finger pointed at the mailbox, and her investigation of it. "Uh, do you mind?"

C
    Casitive

Hunh,” the woman seems surprised as she lifts her head, her features coming into view for the first time. Her shock of white-hair, asymmetrical hair cut and clear, canny blue-eyes makes the woman look puckish. “They didn't say you both were here. They just gave me an address.” Though she doesn't actually do it, her voice shrugs. This makes things quite a bit more convenient.

Slowly, very slowly, the woman slides a booted foot into the door jam.

Something the woman has learned to do when inviting herself into someone else's home.

Alice? Paul? Some bookish friends of friends said you guys might be of some help. Call me Rabbit. Can I come in? I'd love some coffee and you'd love to know what I need help with.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

"Well, if we'd love to..." Wait a minute. How did she know they'd love it? More importantly, how did they know she wasn't going to come in and stab them, or turn them to goo, or...something else bad. Einstein's mind took a moment to run through the possibilities. There wasn't a whole lot. Her mind wasn't too creative with bad things. It was creative with magic though! Up came Supernal Vision, the familiar rote dropped in exchange for perfect stealth, a touch of power expended to make it invisible. Einstein focused, staring at the woman through the Sight, trying to find her aura.

Supernal Vision P1, -1 Mana to Cloak
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-14 17:45:59 Einstein rolls 5 to Supernal Vision (Improvised) (10 Again) 7, 5, 8, 5, 6 1 success

Using S-Vision, Einstein is dropping her Defence to get a ping on Rabbit's Nature.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce frowned at the woman, her explanation seeming to be incomplete and her mannerisms rather direct and inelegant. Nonetheless, Truce has no plans to imitate her behavior. He spares Einstein a glance, only partially concerned for her learning his True Name. After living with her for some time now it was becoming impossible to keep details of his real identity from his Cabalmates.

"Hello Rabbit. Some friends of friends, you say?" he repeats uncertainly. He wonders about her reasons for coming but his reputation in the academic circles may well have brought her, though Truce can't imagine why she would be interested in finding himself and Einstein both since they did not share the same fields of study.

Rather than force the woman back he opens the door fully to receive her. "We're not really prepared to receive guests. If you were hoping to contact us, I would have preferred you had called first. Were you not provided a number to reach us?"

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Rabbit slips on in with a growing smile while doffing her hat. The large felt red hat reminiscent of a certain children's series with a certain A-capella Singing Group. “Well then, don't be too hard on yourselves,” Rabbit says in response to Truce.

Like attracts Like and Like understands itself. Willing the fog of Sleep from her eyes, Einstein unveils the world in all of its golden splendor. Unveiled and naked to the High-School Teacher, the name 'Rabbit' seems less a Shadowname and more a simple Nickname. But, the tale-tell marks of potential linger here and there; glimmering diamonds caught in the swelling tide of the Lie.

A number and an address, in fact. But, why call?” Rabbit says airly, “Calling just slows things down especially since both of you seem to have the same number and address. We don't need to add another step, do we?” The winning smile remains as Rabbit turns to Einstein, the clicking of heel'd boots the only sound. “Gosh, I hope you have some good Coffee.” Reaching up, the white-haired woman busies herself with undoing her cloak.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

"No, please, make yourself at home. Would you like me to run you a bath? I'm sure we have some leftovers, would you like those too?" The teacher's voice drips with sarcasm. Who did she think she was, the Queen of England? She was a Sleepwalker apparently, but did she know about magic? That was the real question. On the positive side, it meant Einstein could probably cast certain spells without fear of them being un-weaved harmlessly.

A hand waved towards the living room, where guests were usually received. "Go...sit down, I guess." They might as well hear what she had to say before they kicked her out. The Obrimos approached the stairs, taking a moment and a few tries to weave a quick spell to get her voice louder.

2 tries to get Control Sound up
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-15 14:14:02 Einstein rolls 3 to Control Sound (Improvised) (10 Again) 4, 1, 8 1 success
    2015-03-15 14:13:52 Einstein rolls 4 to Control Sound (Improvised) (10 Again) 3, 4, 3, 2 failure

Einstein's voice echoed up through the house. "WE HAVE A VISITOR!"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce regards Rabbit warily but does not impede her entry. He could tolerate some rudeness, but he noted each offense on a mental checklist nonetheless.

"She's just joking," lies Truce to Rabbit to excuse Einstein's response. He holds out a hand to her. "May I take your hat and cloak? I'll just hang them in the foyer closet for when you've finished your business with us today." he offers politely.

After wincing beneath the bellowing sound of Einstein's announcement he says to her, "Alice, would you be willing to make some coffee for our guest? Or I can if you'd like to keep her entertained in the living room."

C
    Casitive

Oh,” Rabbit says her smile turning a bit sly as she catches to the sarcasm, “no need; I'm a shower girl.” After a quick flourish, the cape comes off and Rabbit gives it to the Moros. “Thank you, you are adorable,” Rabbit's voice still has that airy quality as she heads for the living room.

Simply dressed, beneath the cape Rabbit the white tunic flutters and the shimmer of stacked bracelets follows in Rabbit's wake.

A hidden back that was beneath the cloak remains with Rabbit as she gets herself comfortable as directed.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 6

You do not have permission to view the list of names.