Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris steps inside in his office and holds the door open for Tracy. Priscus of Gangrel, former Deputy, an examplary Kindred that you wish more of the undead would be like. He doesn't even know her well, but she always seems sane and rational.

That's how the Shadow Reeve likes the Kindred of the Domain to be.

Once the redhead has stepped inside, he closes the door behind her. Since she wanted to discuss multiple matters, he walks to his desk and sits behind it. Tracy is clearly free to sit opposite of him.

'Shall we start with the pressing matter then?' He smiles kindly. It's all business.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

PRE

Tracy followed Chris into his office, and once he took a seat she did the same. "Of course," she said in response. "The Prince instructed me to speak with you about this matter. His Grace requires Regent Brady's presence at her earliest convenience." The petite Gangrel paused after saying those words, meeting his eyes with her own. "Some serious accusations have been made, and the Prince wishes to gather the Prisci and Regent Brady to discuss said accusations," she explained to the Reeve, not wanting to get into too much detail just yet. After all, Chris was of the same Clan as Erika, so there was a slight chance that he could tip her off.

Would he though? Or do his loyalties to the Prince and the Domain come first?

Kindred were deceitful creatures, and one could never bee to trusting of the other predators. Yet, the Gangrel Priscus hoped that the Reeve would do his office justice and comply with the Prince's instructions. "I have noticed that Regent Brady is in attendance this evening," said Tracy after a brief pause. "I am not certain if His Grace will be in attendance tonight, but it would be best if you could speak with the Regent and inform her that the Prince requests her presence." She had other things to discuss with him, but before she went any further, she fell to silence in case Chris had any questions.

3. Likes West liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Regent Brady?! Great.

Chris' eyebrows arch up slightly. He has no complete mastery over his emotions like some people at Court. Yes, he is surprised, but also a bit excited, and, let's say worried. Erika is not someone he can intimidate.

'I understand. I will let her know as soon as possible.' Meaning, in five minutes. 'I may try His Grace's office, otherwise another date soon should be good.' The Regent doesn't strike him as the type to flee. People say things about her all the time. Or they at least think them.

'Does His Grace want Regent Brady to know what type of accusations?' Otherwise, it would indeed be better if Chris doesn't know about them. Whether he could be on her side or not, there's a reasonable chance the Mekhet Regent will get the information she wants. Unless there's nothing to find.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

PRE

"Thank you," replied Tracy with a nod. "His Grace didn't specify a date, but did imply that such a meeting would be had at the Regent's earlier convenience." She didn't know for sure if Asa would be in his office that evening or not, but the sooner they got matters resolved, the better.

The Gangrel shook her head in response to his next question. "The Prince did not instruct me to reveal the nature of the accusations," she said to Chris, giving a slight shrug. "I think it would be safe to assume that He will reveal their nature during the meeting with Regent Brady." Or perhaps it would be her and David that would state the accusations, since they were the ones making them.

"I do not wish to take more of your time, but there is one last thing I should mention," said the petite redhead to the Reeve. "I have been deputized by His Grace, so I wanted to inform you of this. Perhaps it would be prudent for us to meet at some point to discuss how I can best assist your office and the Domain in matters of security." After all, if they were to work together, they needed to be on the same page.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris replies with a single nod. He'll have to see who's free. Asa could have just called his good old Regent friend Erika, but maybe this was a test, or just a matter of pride.

'Very well.' From the way Tracy speaks, it seems like she knows about the accusations already. Chris decides to accept things as they are.

Then, "one last thing", but not really a small thing when you ask the Reeve. So Tracy is part of his team now. Deputized again. It takes him a second to find the right words to say. 'Yes, then we should indeed meet again, with the whole team. So you are the exception to the rule that Prisci cannot have another Domain position?' Is it odd to install a rule and then break it a month later? The Prince can do as he wish, of course. But otherwise Juan Cordoba and Peter Baldwin could have been Deputy already. Who knows, maybe he could have kept the Haunt on the sane side of life. Chris wanted two Prisci, he gets another. He fires one Gangrel, with the fine idea to have one Deputy of every clan - then he gets the Savage Priscus in return.

What is the meaning of this! Maybe, Chris has to admit that he is a little annoyed, but he doesn't show it.

PRE

At Chris' question, Tracy simply replied with a nonchalant shrug. "I believe that is a question for the Prince, since it was His decision," she said to the Reeve, offering him a quick smile. Given his past with Clan Gangrel, the redheaded Savage assumed he was likely a little annoyed with the turn of events. Yet, she did want them to be on the same page if they would be working together in matters of security, which is why she had been sincere in her interest in meeting with him at a later point.

"Let me know when you will be meeting with your team of Deputies," said Tracy after a brief pause. "I'll make sure to be there." Her smile widened slightly as she said those words. The petite Gangrel rose from her seat, ready to put an end to their private meeting. "Now, I think it is best if we both return to the gathering," she added as she turned to leave his office.

"Thank you for your time."

Tracy returns to the main thread

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris smiles, politely. 'Fair enough.' He simply doesn't know how to handle these feelings. The Prince gives him a position of power, and then makes his decisions for him. It makes no sense. Chris has never dealt with stuff like this before. But Tracy is a respected Kindred in the Domain - it'll be good to have her on his team.

Always look on the bright side, right?

Self-proclaimed optimists should stick with their ideals. So he does.

'Expect the meeting to be soon. I'll be looking forward to it.' Upon seeing Tracy's smile, Chris' own smile becomes more sincere. He's not sure what she thinks, but hopefully they'll be able to work together properly. 'Of course, Deputy.'

After a minute of self-reflection / staring at the wall / saying a short prayer to the Crone, Chris returns to the main thread as well

Closed Thread