Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Cabal) Cabal With No Name

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Good, everyone seemed pleased with the positions. Structure would give everyone tasks and reasons to interact with each other. "Excellent. I think you'll do well as Farseeker, Truce. The job involves dealing with people outside of the Cabal in a way that you seem to enjoy. And," he says looking around at everyone, "one of the reasons we're doing this together is so we can support each other in our roles. If any of us have problems fulfilling our duties, we should be able to ask for help from each other before letting those duties go undone."

Yes... Einstein was definitely a water person. That would have to be addressed, but that would appear to be one of his jobs now. He'll devote time to that later. He shakes his head to Damascus's idea of french titles. "No... I think the name of the Cabal in French is plenty. They can look up what it means on google, but I'd rather not explain to everyone what the translation for each title means every time someone wants to know who's responsible for what at each gathering. Plus, we'll all be shortening the titles down to Hand, Fist, Head. etc for common use anyway."

"Indeed Truce, you'll need to introduce us and let us know any specific actions or topics that we'll need to perform or avoid in regards to her." He didn't know much about ghosts, but he was sure they came with their own innate difficulties if kept around. He looked around at the rest of the group. "Are there any other pets, familiars or other non-Awakened tag-alongs that we need to account for?"

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein watched the others as they expressed their own agreement with the positions, frowning in confusion at Damascus. What was she looking at her like that for? Then, she turned her attention back to Gyges. "Oh, uh, yeah. I have a Familiar. He shouldn't bother you though, he's pretty quiet. Also he's a Spirit, so he's not really physically capable of it." She looked at Damascus again. Didn't she have a Spirit hanging around too? Parliament had said something about it.

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Sighing, Gyges twists his fingers in a simple Mudra to allow him to see spirits in twilight. "Why don't you tell us a little bit about your Familiar, Einstein." Gyges says, patiently. "They will be rooming with us, after all. I would hate for anyone to inadvertently make it's life any more difficult than it already is through ignorance."

Spirit Tongue (right casting pool, wrong spell name)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-22 17:53:08 Gyges rolls 4 to Second Sight rote Presence + Socialize + Spirit (10 Again) 7, 7, 9, 4 1 success

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein narrowed her eyes at Gyges. "Of course...he's a Spirit of Knowledge, and appears as a large owl made of shifting lights. I call him Parliament." The Spirit in question looked at Gyges from upon her shoulder, blinking slowly before turning his attention to other things. "Like I said, he shouldn't bother you. He generally just hangs around me or in any library around, so as long as you don't futz around in there you won't bother him."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Well it can be said that Gyges has no qualms being bossy. Still, he is supplying forward momentum and rushing through decisions that may have taken Truce days to deliberate to account for everyone's preferences.

"An owl? How appropriate for the Lorekeeper," remarks Truce pleasantly. "And an interesting name as well. I've not dealt much with Spirits before. I hope you don't mind if I ask you more about that later."

Truce looks to Gyges as he performs his Mudra, making the assumption that he's accessing working to view the creature. He's tempted to Scrutinize the efforts, but he would get nothing from it anyways.

Instead, Truce addresses Damascus. "If you wish to voice our titles in French, I have no objection to you doing so," supporting the woman's decision and free expression. Whatever intent Gyges has for this Cabal, Truce would not allow its members to feel oppressed.

6. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    E
    Eris

Parliament; works better than ‘the owl’.

Damascus grinned and arched a brow at Truce, amused by both her misconstrued intent and that despite knowing that she was a Disciple of the Spirit Arcanum, he would still seek Einstein’s advice before hers. “I was mainly joking about the French titles.”

The Shaman's eyes flicked to the Warlock as his spell took hold.

So, not entirely unversed in my field either. May as well get things out in the open.

“In the interest of full disclosure, Einstein isn’t the only one who comes with a passenger.” The Shaman glanced to the spirit riding upon her shoulder, who tilted their head toward her in response; nearly taking an eye out with their prolonged muzzle. “My familiar is a spirit of Creativity, Mella usually sticks with me, but if you start getting inventive then she might poke her head round the door. Once we’ve found ourselves a Sanctum I could introduce you if you’d like.”

Damascus left the offer open, though Gyges could undoubtedly see the spirit's scaled form tilt their head at him with mild curiosity.

Ghosts and fetches both occupy the Twilight right?

The Thyrsus turned to the Moros again. “I'd rather avoid any potential problems with Chelsea trying to frighten her off...”

Or having to clean up the mess if the building starts looking like it was designed by Dali on acid...

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"I got not issues," Crowley shrugged. "Your Mella can handle loud music, right?" He threw an inquiring glance back over to Damascus.

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges nods, looking back down at the map as he dismisses his spell. "Okay. We know what kind of resonance we want. We have a name, we have a basic creed, we have titles, we have a theme. That leaves only the Protocols, Interdicts and a Sigil left to decide. We can put those off for now, once we announce ourselves at the next Gathering we'll be Official." He looks back up at everyone. "Unless there's anything anyone else thinks needs to be addressed right now?"

The floor is open, but if we're done we can close the thread and do the hallow hunt off screen.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein nodded and looked around, then focused on Crowley. "Before we forge on, are you going to be able to acknowledge us alone, or do you need to talk to the other Herald?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Ah, I had forgotten that you're a Disciple of the Spirit Arcanum, Damascus. Well we'll have a rather busy Twilight to manage it seems. We'll just have to see how our companions get along," says Truce, thinking on Chelsea and her volatile personality. Hopefully it wouldn't be as bad as all that...

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread