Ended
Watch

There's something about Striker...

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis was sitting on the back of a pew in the center of the Cathedral, kicking her legs idly and waiting for Gyges and her cabalmate to show up. She didn't really mind the wait, though. Quiet wasn't something she was afraid of, and the lofty arches of the Circle were always calming for her, even if it was inside a confided space. 'Cause, that was sort of the the whole point of the building: to emulate openness and soaring elevation. The only thing that could be better would be sitting up on a high roof, surrounded only by the arch of the sky and the gust of the wind.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

Asp arrived promptly, opening the door and shutting it quietly so it didn't slam behind her. She was wearing jeans and a leather jacket, her black handbag slung over her shoulder and her hair slung in a high pony. "Hey." Asp chinjutted to her friend, a look of concern on her face. "What's happenin'?"

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

The big church bothered him, which he had to admit was probably caused by some internalized issues he had with his Path. The demonology was probably another factor on top of him drawing off of hell of magic, but so was the feeling that this was the perfect place for Banishers to do a drive by. But it's not like his flesh smoked on contact with holy ground or anything, so he should just eat it and deal. He had come here to do the right thing.

He knocks on the door, not willing to just walk into the replica of a church potentially full of wizard ninjas pissed at him for sneaking the blood of one of their own, good intentions or not.

Precasts
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-12 02:41:16 Gyges rolls 6 to Untouchable Gnosis3 + Space3 (10 Again) 2, 8, 5, 10, 7, 4, 3 2 successes
    2015-01-12 02:41:01 Gyges rolls 6 to Spatial Awareness Gnosis3 + Space3 (10 Again) 1, 3, 10, 3, 7, 7, 7 1 success

4. Likes Sirith liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis' mouth opened to answer the First of First Talon's question when there came a knock on the door.

"Well, I'm not the best person to answer that," Avis said, slipping off of the back of the pew. "One of my, um, pathmates, Gyges, ran into Striker. Apparently Striker was just giving him blood, or something like that. Like, just handing out Sympathy. I think that's Gyges at the door, now, so I'll let him in. He can explain it all to you."

The Councilor crossed over to the doors, pressed her back against one and then slowly opened the other so she could peer out at who was knocking at the Circle's main portal. Seeing the blond apostate standing outside she let the door swing the rest of the way open and then gestured for him to step inside.

"Hey Gyges," she said once he'd come in and she'd been able to shut and lock the door. "This is Asp, Sentinel and head of the Arrow." A nod to the blonde. "You mind giving us a run down of what happened?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

"All right, cool," Asp said, a frown expanding over her easygoing countenance as she considered what Striker had apparently done. It wasn't a crime, Avis was quite right - it just showed a lack of education, one that could get him killed. Education, it seemed, that would need to be given.

As Gyges was allowed in and was introduced to her, Asp stood and nodded to the handsome Apostate.

"A pleasure," she said. "Thanks for coming by, Gyges. I understand one of our boys did something he ought not to have."

Avis had given him the opening, and Asp's statement only made it wider. What happened? The people of Sacramento were dying to know.

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

"Councilor, Sentinel," Gyges says with a nod to each by way of greetings. "Yes. I ran into Striker the other day and he had some sort of bleeding hand injury that I didn't notice until I had already shaken his hand." His face scrunches up slightly at the memory. "He knew I was a Awakened, but he seemed unaware of the risk that leaving his blood in the possession of someone he doesn't know. I don't know if it's because of ignorance, naiveté or just stupidity on his part, but considering that he is an Arrow and the City is as dangerous as it is, I felt bringing it to someone's attention was wise." He gestures to Avis. "That's why I asked you to set this meeting up with his superior instead of his Councilor or the Sentinels, Councilor."

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Asp isn't just a Sentinel. She's also the Head of this Consilium's caucus of the Ungula Draconis, so Striker's one of her Talons. In this case, that's what matters," Avis tried to explain, hoping the message got through. "I mean, there is a First Talon that's immediately above Striker, but since this could affect the Order at large, I thought it was best to have you talk to our Leader."

A
    Asp

Asp smiled a small smile at Avis, a fleeting one given the circumstances, but one nonetheless. She'd noticed. The Mastigos was putting confidence in her. It was... nice. Teammates supporting each other.

"You were right to come in, Gyges, and thank you for bringing this to me, Avis. Striker's shown a bunch of times that he doesn't know much about the Supernal world, so it doesn't surprise me for a minute that he doesn't know about sympathy. You willing to give us the blood so we can secure it and instruct him?"

She paused, scratching at her chin a little as she stared off into space for a moment, before she looked over at her cabal-mate.

"Because I think a lesson might be in order here. A simulation, one that demonstrates what sympathy can do, so that he knows precisely what we mean when we speak to him about it after. People learn better with practical exercises. What do you think, First Talon?" Asp asked the squad leader, a neutral look on her face. Naturally, Avis would have to be the one to do it. She was fierce with the Space, and it wasn't appropriate for Gyges to do it.

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges nodded at Avis, there was a miscommunication on his end, but trying to correct it wouldn't get them anywhere and would just waste time. It wasn't a huge one in any case. "Very well."

Before I hand the sample over, I need three assurances." As he speaks, he counts off them on his fingers. "One, that you won't be using it to break our laws. Two, that it will be returned to Striker or destroyed with his knowledge and in his presence. Three, that if there's any retaliation by Striker or his associates because of this, I will have both of your support in my defense." The man, after all, did have a history of assault. "I understand that the Arrow is supposed hold Honor as a virtue, so your word will be enough."

That's the thing, if this had been any other Order? He wouldn't be doing this.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Jono'd be a better one to give him the lesson, I think," Avis countered, lightly shaking her head. "Anything I do'll probably just be taken as an attack. Like, even if we explain what was up afterward, I don't trust that fucker not to use any excuse to come after me again. So, maybe words first?" she asked with a small, ambivalent shrug before turning back to Gyges.

"And Gyges, look, there's no supposed about it. There's five connected philosophies that we live by and Honor is the second one. Not that any of the five are more important than the others, exactly, but it's still the second thing we learn. Only understanding the Truth about existence comes first. So, sure, if those are your terms then I wouldn't have any problem swearing. You?" Avis questioned, turning to her Order head.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread