Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Darts, Beer, and Deep Fried Cheese

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    J

Nous rents out a room at a joint that serves microbrews and promises to have a dart board. It's a dark and dingy room, with hightop tables surrounded by barstools. It smells faintly of beer and fried food, which is good considering they're both on the menu. She sent out a few invitations for this little soirée, and while she's not hosting it in the greenhouse, she's at least picking up the tab for the night.

She wears something that will hopefully not intimidate anyone. Normal clothes like. She knows how it can be when you walk with a title. Annoying to get to know people apparently. Titles are chains to strap you into a certain mold. A certain idea of who you're supposed to be. It blows.

It's also why she's drinking a beer, and has a plate of fried cheese curds in front of her while she waits. Because expectations need to be shattered. She just hopes that people show up in response to her invitation.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Zodiac had never been the type to be late, and so her arrival is swift as she makes her way into the preset establishment in search of her Ordermate. Unlike Nous, Zodiac's attire spoke of business - and the Herald herself saw no reason to be anything else. Upon seeing Nous, she chuckled lightly to herself. "I suppose this makes you good cop?" she inquired lightly before making her way over to offer a hand to the Acanthus pleasantly.

"Councillor, it's a pleasure to see you again. It's been some time... thank you for this lovely invitation." A beer, however? A beer might help take away some of the business-like edge of the woman.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    E
    Eris

Precast Sight and Shield
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-05 17:50:45 Damascus rolls 8 to cast Second Sight (Gnosis + Spirit + High Speech) (10 Again) 5, 4, 7, 10, 4, 9, 2, 6, 5 2 successes
    2015-01-05 17:49:17 Damascus rolls 8 to cast Ephemeral Shield (Gnosis + Spirit + High Speech) (10 Again) 9, 6, 7, 6, 7, 8, 5, 7 2 successes
    Damascus wandered into the room at a measured pace, her heeled boots clicking on the aged wooden boards as she glanced around for any sign of the enchanting woman who’d invited her to this little get-together. Her eyes had swept over the pair twice before she realized that the tan goddess had tonight tamed her stunning mane of curls, making her seem… well more ordinary and approachable.

Which I suppose would be the point.

Clad in her usual leather jacket and pants the Shaman calmly approached the Councilor and her as yet unknown companion. As she covered the intervening distance Mella’s head also swiveled as her familiar's small form scanned the room from their customary perch atop the Thyrsus' shoulder; though the spirit kept watch for other, less corporeal occupants.

“I can see that I came to the right place.” She offered both a hand and a smile to both the Councilor and her companion. “Hi, I'm Damascus. I don't believe that we've been introduced, though I assume we're all in the club together.” She glanced toward the dark haired woman who didn't loom quite so much over her petite form, then back to the Councilor seeking some confirmation of the other woman's magely bona fides.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce is surprised to have received an invitation from the Acanthus Councilor. It certainly isn't something he wishes to refuse, so he arrives promptly at the promised hour. He is pleased to see that a back room has been made available to their private party, allowing for more lax uses in terminology that would otherwise be taboo in public. Still, he decides to try and avoid blatant uses of their special language unless necessary.

Wearing a simple black suit and grey tie, Truce settles for something more on the business side to be safe. As he often does before meeting with Awakened, he has cast his Mage Sight rotes in his car before entering the structure. Truce is equally pleased to see Damascus among the unfamiliar women. At least he has had the chance to speak with her at the Consilium gathering.

"Good evening, ladies," Truce says in greeting. "I'm Truce, a pleasure to meet you. Damascus, good to see you again." The Necromancer offers a handshake to any who wish to accept it before standing expectantly to be offered to sit.

Mage Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-06 09:30:46 Truce rolls 7 to cast Third Eye rote before entering the microbrewery [WIT+Emp+Mind] (10 Again) 2, 7, 5, 1, 1, 1, 5 failure
    2015-01-06 09:30:23 Truce rolls 7 to cast Grim Sight rote before entering the microbrewery [WIT+Occ+Death] (10 Again) 1, 5, 7, 10, 9, 2, 2, 1 2 successes

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges got the invitation, which he dutifully inspected and then burnt. He had spent the last gathering talking a lot about sympathy, so he wasn't sure if this was some kind of test or something less confrontational. That's why he spent some time outside the bar, just watching it and the people heading in. He smoked while he waited for a bit and after only a little bit of waiting, he was rewarded with two people arriving that he recognized.

He called down a handful of spells as he crossed the street and entered the bar and quickly after, the private room. Dressed in his nondescript suit, he greets the hostess. "Councilor Nous, I was surprised when I received the invitation."

He nods to Truce. "Truce, right?"

Buffs
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-06 00:41:26 Gyges rolls 5 to Mental Shield (10 Again) 10, 7, 10, 1, 6, 1, 7 2 successes
    2015-01-06 00:39:36 Gyges rolls 6 to Untouchable (10 Again) 8, 4, 8, 7, 8, 10, 3 4 successes
    2015-01-06 00:39:16 Gyges rolls 6 to Spatial Awareness (10 Again) 8, 3, 2, 7, 2, 9 2 successes

7. Likes Cayce liked this post
    E
    Eris

Damascus turned upon the sounding of a familiar voice.

“Hey Truce.” The Shaman met both his greeting and hand with shorter versions of her own.

Whenever I see him he’s in a suit, I guess he’s just comfortable in them.

As an unseen figure addressed the Councilor whose invitation had drawn them there, the petite Shaman was forced to take a couple of steps to one side to observe the speaker from around the dapperly dressed form of the Moros. Though the approaching figure sparked some vague recollection in the Thyrsus she was unable to put a name to the face.

Perhaps someone I passed while attending the Consilium? I wasn’t able to introduce myself to everyone...

Well, she could remedy that now. Stepping forward she proffered a petite paw to the newcomer. “Hi, I’m Damascus.”

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Taking the opportunity to pause and glance at the newcomers, Zodiac offered a small but business-like smile to the gathering.

"Damascus," she greeted, "Truce... and...?" she left a moment as she looked to Gygas, awaiting the offering of a name. "I am Herald Zodiac," ah, but she should attempt to be a little more relaxed, shouldn't she? "Just Zoey will suffice, however," Zodiac added after a moment. "Please, come have a seat. Make yourselves comfortable."

Though her presence seemed insignificant, Zodiac's eyes were sharp, a thing she hadn't quite gotten control of yet. Still, some might pass off the intensity as simply being the colour, and she was okay with that as well. For now, she was studying each, their connections to one another and to the room around them, their mannerisms, their little ticks... all the little things that made them who they were at that particular moment.

She knew why they were there... did they?

10. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
    J

She steps out to give the staff instructions about not being disturbed for a while, figuring if anyone really really needed a drink immediately, they could just grab one at the bar in the main portion of the restaurant. A pair of dart boards are lit up on the wall in the back of the room with matching chalkboards beside to keep score.

Formalities makes it heavy. She wants light and frivolous, and open. She doesn't want to scare anyone off. It's a gamble inviting Zoey, but it's one she's willing to take. Getting to know people is part of Zoey's business. It'll be fine. It's not long before everyone's arrived and starting to interact.

"Hi, you can all call me Elle, tonight. Thanks for coming."

She doesn't shake hands with mages she doesn't know, but does at least return the gesture with a wave. She then points to the bar stools near Zoey.

"First, I wanted to say thank you for coming, and welcome to Sacramento. Secondly, yes, I'm on the council, so if you need something that your representative can't help you with, feel free to come with me. But mostly, I wanted to make sure that you were all settling in well enough in the city. So how are you settling? Finding work, getting set up?"
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

"Gyges," he says, introducing himself. He had thought the Councilor was going to do that for everyone, but no matter. "But if we're going to be informal, please call me Benjamin. Good to meet you all."

He takes a seat where he can keep an eye on the door and then listens attentively as Nous' questions are asked. He didn't mind small talk, but he wondered how much of what was going to be said was true. "I'm doing well. Retail continues to be a spiritually fulfilling career path for myself and the city has a large enough population that I've been able to evade notice of any of our traditional antagonists, at least as far as I can tell." He could tell, because he wasn't dead and he was careful.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce returns the nod. "Gyges is it? Yes, good to see you again," he says politely. Truce hasn't met the man directly before, having only seen him in the Mastigos Councilor's company.

"Zoey, a pleasure. Elle. Thank you," he says before taking the offered seat. So, this is the other Herald. She seems nice.

Once Elle has welcomed them and Gyges had said his reply, Truce says, "Well, I have been told that as an Apostate, our representative, I believe Jammer is his name, hasn't been in attendance at the Consilium. Herald Crowley had mentioned he might be found at The Rage, a dance club. I haven't found a chance to visit that venue yet, but otherwise yes, I'm getting settled into the city. Councilor Mace has found a task for me to assist her with for the time being."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread