DISPLAYED
(Fresh Blood) Blood in a Bag

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The box was bulky but relatively light weight: a modified esky designed primarily to transport medical supplies. It looks a little worse for ware and has no distinguishing features of insignia. Inside, the box was lined with foam and contained what appeared to be blood packs. The packs were cool to the touch, pinked hued in the light from the frosted glaze of the plastic packaging. A mix of sigils were stencilled onto the packs: biohazard signs and what appeared to be a corporate logo.

One of the packs was ruptured but fortunately not leaking. Yet.

R
    Rantifusa

Bobcat picks one of the not-ruptured packs and shows it to Allison. "Do you recognize the logo?"

Allison Black

Allison Black

Daeva •• | Domain • | Unaligned

BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP •••(•)
    Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

Allison's eyebrow raised as she drew in a breath. "Well..." Allison's cellphone dipped, while she fiddled with opening the camera, one-handed - mind you. "Okay...Hold still."

Allison zoomed in and snapped a quick photo. When the flash didn't go off, and the pic came out dark, she did a bit more fiddling. "One sec..." A moment later, the flash went off and she zoomed in once more to get a closer picture of the logo itself.

"Okay I got it." Allison said with a nod, as she drew the phone back closer. "This is gonna take a bit."

Allison figured more was better. Sure, she doubted Sacramento State knew anything, but who knew what the Medical Department would turn up; and on the other side of things, the American Red Cross held a bit more promise. If neither of those two worked, then she hit up the rumor mill....

Allison was going to be on the phone for a bit...

Cacophony(5)/Cacophony(4)/Charities(3)/Academia(4)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-20 10:09:30 Allison Black rolls 7 to Presence+Socialize(Allies • (Academia)) (10 Again) 2, 6, 6, 7, 8, 10, 8, 9 4 successes
    2015-01-20 10:07:29 Allison Black rolls 7 to Presence+Socialize(Allies • (Charities)) (10 Again) 8, 4, 7, 9, 1, 8, 5 3 successes
    2015-01-20 10:05:18 [02] Allison Black rolls 5 to Wits+Socialize(Cacophony Listener - Word on the Street/Talk About Town) (10 Again) 9, 8, 5, 10, 8, 6 4 successes
    2015-01-20 10:05:18 [01] Allison Black rolls 5 to Wits+Socialize(Cacophony Listener - Word on the Street/Talk About Town) (10 Again) 8, 9, 1, 10, 9, 8 5 successes
    Allison Black
    Daeva •• | Domain •• | Unaligned
    BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP 3/4

"Our eyes they cannot see..."
    "They're wasted on people just like me..."

Played by Whisper

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Allison casts her net wide... and waits.

The drizzle starts to thicken into rain as her web of contacts sets to work. The information comes to her as a drip, but it is a consistent feed nonetheless.

The manufacturer's logo is that Polygon Technologies: a minor manufacturer of medical equipment and supplies. Its a subsidiary of a larger European conglomerate known as the Cheiron Group and it services most Cheiron subsidiaries in the country. There are no known subsidiaries operating out of this part of California. However, an Academic source does note that there is one start-up medical firm receiving a massive cash injection from... somewhere... to pursue research into artificial blood applications. The cacophony has little to add, save perhaps some garbled rumour of an anti animal testing cell surfacing in San Francisco and a rumoured sighting on an anti-fascist radical buying sneaking across the border from Mexico.

Allison Black

Allison Black

BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP •••(•)
    Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

Allison shifted the umbrella, drawing it lower to help stay as dry as possible. Still, by this time, she could feel her legs were wet and cold from the drizzle and rain. Between the trickle of information, she posted few status updates, saw an absolutely adorable kitten video on youtube, and got a few levels farther in Candy Crush. It all gave Allison the appearance that she was incredibly busy pulling up information.

As this or that popped up, she relayed it to Bobcat. Between Cherion and the startup, Allison asked, "Do you have Alessandra's number?"

After everything is laid out before Bobcat and her, she has the opportunity to look over everything together. Glancing to Bobcat, Allison says, "I think I am going to need to swing by my hotel."
    Allison Black
    BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP 3/4

Played by Whisper

R
    Rantifusa

While Allison was busy looking for the information, Bobcat stood there under the rain looking at the Daeva. Her body, her face, her eyes... her neck.

Then Allison's question interrupted his thoughts, "No, I just knew her from a clan meeting and met her back there in the accident. We never traded numbers. I guess I can get her number if I call a couple people, but she left. I don't think she wants to get involved in this."

I don't know if I want to be involved in this...

While reading the information shared by Allison the biker said "Artificial blood? Is that a thing? do you think the packs in the box contain this artificial blood?". He imagined liquid red plastic in a bag, but that wasn't what he smelled, he smelled true and pure blood.

"What is in your hotel?" asks Bobcat a bit confused. Maybe she just wants to be more comfortable when looking for this information, but Bobcat doesn't know about something more comfortable than a night in the open, even if it's raining.

Allison Black

Allison Black

Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

Allison offered a helpless shrug. "I play with rumors and gossip, but I take it at just that." She glanced down to the container for a moment, before her eyes moved back to the biker. "There tends to be hints of truth, but that also means there is some bullshit."

"Anywho. I think I may still have some scrubs in one of my suitcases at my hotel."
    Allison Black

Played by Whisper

R
    Rantifusa

Bobcat rises an eyebrow. Scrubs? What is she talking about?, and then he realizes.

"Are you planning on getting in there? in that laboratory or whatever it is. Even if you could go inside... what would you do?"

Allison Black

Allison Black

Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Not sure...I mostly just wing-it." Allison gave a shrug of her shoulders. "What else is there to do?"
    Allison Black

Played by Whisper

R
    Rantifusa

Bobcat thinks for a few second and then says "No, wait... we are going too far away from the problem. The problem is not the artificial blood, the thing is that someone is using it for some dirty business, or the van wouldn't have been attacked."

And that's a dirty business I could get my hands on. Specially if there is blood involved.

The biker suddenly gets an idea. "I had to go away from the accident because the cops would be there in any minute. But there was a survivor... if we find in which hospital he is, you can use those scrubs of yours and see if you can get some information from him". He looks at her waiting for an anwer. "I guess it's safe to go to the accident place now and see what's going on, but we have to leave the box hidden somewhere. Let's hurry up, maybe the ambulance already took the survivor away."

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread