Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Down the Rabbit Hole (1fS)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Synesthesia: the senses mix. The stillness chills; the silence sours; the solitude weighs heavy. The Sacramento Underground disorients, a narrow winding Labyrinthe where light and dark, quiet and loud lose their meanings. The ceiling drips dirt, but not often enough to be normal, and the bricks shift underfoot. Maze is a word that comes to mind. Tomb, another. One thing is certain: if places have personalities, this one isn't friendly.

They gather: Richard Black, Bobcat, Ajax Smith, and Blake Flint. Maybe it's nothing, Verne had failed to convince Richard. Couldn't hurt to be sure, Richard had convinced some others. Was it just a feral child that had attacked the night security guard, or was someone really Embracing children?

As the group checks their gear, Blake sees his cell phone has no signal. Bobcat bumps a wooden "support" and Ajax gets a hair full of dirt.

They wouldn't have seen it if it hadn't squeaked. It wouldn't have stood its ground if someone hadn't told it to--Verne, no doubt.

[ri]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef012876c781b3970c-600wi[/ri]Some kind of rodent, only with extra helpings of eyes, tail, and back legs. There's a key in it's mouth. It drops the key, and then hops about, squeaking. (Anyone: Intelligence + Science or Animal Ken, 1 success, to know it's a California Kangaroo Rat)

(Blake or Ajax: Manipulation + Animal Ken + Animalism to understand.)
    What the CKR is saying, 1 suxx

Cell Phones won't work in the Underground. List the equipment you brought in your opening post; no new equipment can be added during the Scene. If it's not on your Character Sheet, you don't have it--this includes flashlights, notepads, walkie talkies. Darkness gives -2 to sight-based Perception, but is offset by flashlights, or reduced to -1 by cell phones. Dirt walls with stone floors in meandering tunnels give -2 to hearing-based Perception. Expect Firearms to have reduced range and Melee or Brawl attacks to cause reaction from the environment. PM me with questions at any time.

2. Likes SoraLow, Yumyumcrow, Chrisie liked this post
    R
    Rantifusa

Bobcat stood in the darkness, totally unprepared for whatever could happen. No flashlight, no ropes, no nothing. Even his cellphone and keys were left behind in the bike's bags since they would be useless here and he would probably lost them. The only equipment he carried were his faithful .45 and his pocket knife, and this time the knife was not to be used as a weapon, he has a more powerful weapon now, a Gangrel weapon.

While they stand there, Bobcat says "Just an advice... I don't think we will find much blood down there, don't waste your fuel unless it's really needed, I don't want hungry vampires running loose". A Bruja beast was always specially hungry, he would know a lot about that.

T
    Tre

Going into deep dark places where people usually do not belong in the first place. ($5.99)

Questioning my own sanity on why I think this is a good idea. ($6.99)

Hunting down what may be a wild Embraced child. (Priceless)

I shake the dirt from my hair as a finish clipping my head lamp to my hat. Then go over my personal gear. (Bow likely to cramped in here to use but worth keeping shouldered. Spear, if it gets to cramped in here I can ditch it easily enough. Empty green duffle bag; if we have to bring the kid back, alive(ish) then it would be best to secure it.) With a little flare I pop the collar of my long coat and grin.(Reinforced clothing)

“Thas a wise idea” looking to Bobcat before I lean down to whisper to the (CKR).

<Thank ya lil guy>

I pick up the key it dropped and tell everyone, “Seems preddy intent on us takin tha key, all eh keep sayin over an over”

what kind of rat is that
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-15 20:42:05 AjaxSmith rolls 6 to (What kind of rat is that) Intelligence: 2 +Animal Ken: 4= 6 4, 3, 8, 1, 6, 2 1 success

squeek squeek
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-15 20:45:49 AjaxSmith rolls 8 to (rat Speech)Manipulation:2 + Animal Ken :4+ Animalism:2=8 (10 Again) 10, 8, 3, 4, 3, 2, 10, 7, 1, 9 4 successes

Richard stands with a look of pure and utter disgust at his surroundings. The Daeva had experienced poverty and squalor but he never hoped to see the bowls of this lovely city let alone be standing near ankle deep in it. It's dark, but this isn't as much a hindrance as it is an inconvenience. It takes him only an instances effort to surge his senses to a degree far beyond the mortal realm. In this heightened state he can see in this darkness without a problem.

"Blake, Bobcat, good to see you. Though I'd much rather see you under better circumstances than this shit." Richard shakes his head tossing that part aside, "Anyways I ain't really know who else to call on this so I figured might as well keep it close." his attention is shaken by the approach of Ajax, he braces himself for the clash of bestial instincts, and winces when his is trumped. He tries to not let it sink in too deeply less it effect their ability to work together...or his intention of leading the way on this one.

After putting in work with Verne and making it would in one piece the two had maintained a good relationship. Richard relied on Verne for a variety of things, not exclusive to any one area. He was a useful source of information, and most importantly he had proven himself to be trustworthy even when his loyalty was called into question. It was Verne who had put him up on this attack. From what he had heard the security guard definitely was attacked, and Richard knew where. Verne had also hooked them up with a little care package down further and apparently had left them a little helper in micky mouse.

"You I don't know" he said referring to Ajax, "but I'm glad to have you rolling with us anyway. I know what you all are thinking, right now we aren't assuming anything. We gonna head down to where the guard dude got hit up and see what it looks like. If it seems like we really got ourselves a baby vamp we gonna try to get it without ashin it. Key word there is try." He looks casually to Bobcat and Blake, "I think we can all agree that if we can't catch it then the best thing to do is put it down yes?" he checks to make sure they are all on the same page about this before continuing. He does however choose to mention the mouse and the key, "Verne sent the mouse, the key is for an equipment locker or something." he leaves it at that.

Equip

6. Likes Brownlee liked this post
    R
    Rantifusa

Bobcat nods at Richard words, in fact, he was going to say the same. There is nothing to earn in this mission for him, but he didn't want someone like Rina to put her claws on the vampire child... many other vampires would just kill it, and the biker was here to make sure that doesn't happen. "If there is a child down there, vampire or not, we are here to SAVE the kid... I hope that is what we are all planning to do here or we are going to have some problems"

T
    Tre

I look around at the men and then stop smirking at the Deava, “We’ve meet bafur at court, but thas ok if ya don ramember me.”

I reach back and pat the duffle bag. “Find’em at military surplus stores, I usually keep it in ma jeep fur cloths, but it’s big enough ta fit a small person in.” I pause and that grin passes into a somewhat serious note. “Alive er dead.”

Richard nods to Bobcat, he didn't expect the guy to be on board with killing it, if it existed at all. "We'll see, I definently don't want to have killing a child on my hands. But if we do run into an embraced child we absolutely can not allow it to run free. We will do everything we possibly can to take her alive and hopefully present her to the Prince for acknowledgement. There is no reason this has to turn bloody." he admits that he isn't interested in killing the child, but he will, he only hopes that it won't come to that. "I'm sorry, sometimes court can be a lot to take in. Tell me your name again and I promise not to forget it a second time"

Richard peers down the pathway before pointing out into darkness, "Verne left us some info on the attack bit further down, we should start with that."

10. Likes Brownlee liked this post

They talk while walking, Blake keeping mostly to himself, as is his style.

Work lights flicker from movement above, producing an accidental strobe effect. It makes it hard for anyone's eyes to adjust to either light or dark, flashlight or not. The further they go down the first twisting tunnels, the fewer lights there are. It gets narrower too--the passage forcing them into a file, Richard at the lead.

Mildew scents the stagnant air, from moisture drying cyclically in contained air space.

The first main opening--not far in at all--is where the attack occurred. An equipment locker sits where Verne said it would.

The Scene. Roll Perception (adjust for your personal lighting).

The Locker.

Incident report: Roll INT + Academics.

[ri]https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7013/6745759119_41570671e7_z.jpg[/ri]Sketch Artist's Rendition of the Girl (Left).

12. Likes SoraLow liked this post
    R
    Rantifusa

The prince would probably kill the kid... When a prince forbids to embrace it usually means that both sire and childe will be ashed. But he wouldn't say anything about it yet.

When they open the locker Bobcat takes the helmet with the working light and puts it on, he is used to wear helmets anyway. This will be useful... the light will also turn my head into a dartboard if we find someone else down there but still useful

"There are 6 walkie talkies. I say each of us takes one, and we take one more if one of the others breaks. We should leave the last one here in case Verne shows up later."

OOC

Blake finishes checking to see his Bowie knife and making sure his sniper rifle is in working order. He's not sure what to make of the fresh face but shrugs as he slings the rifle onto his back. As he listens, he hears something going on and on about a Key.

With a frown, he spies a rodent of some sort. Looking up as Richard lets out a greeting, he says, "Likewise, Richard. Bobcat."

As the matter of what to do with a child vampire, the topic makes him rather uncomfortable so he doesn't see the point in commenting. He walks with the group, trusting that someone can see better then he could. He's tempted to take out his phone and use it as a flash light.

As they reach the spot, he draws a blank concerning the events that happened here. Fuck it. He reaches for his phone and lights up the space before him. He shines it towards the locker and lets out a sigh of relief at the sight of the helmets with lights on them. "At least now I don't have to worry about draining the battery."

He walks over to claim one of the helmets for himself as well as turning the light on.

Failure at Animal Ken, Success at Animalism, Perception fails, and Academic is failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-19 01:26:21 Blake Flint rolls 1 to Int + Academic - Untrained (1s Subtract, Chance) 6 failure
    2015-01-19 01:23:07 Blake Flint rolls 2 to Wits + Com - Darkness (10 Again) 3, 3 failure
    2015-01-15 14:45:59 Blake Flint rolls 3 to Int + Animal Ken (1s Subtract) 4, 5, 4 failure
    2015-01-15 14:44:51 Blake Flint rolls 4 to Man + Animal Ken + Animalism (10 Again) 3, 2, 9, 7 1 success

15. Likes Brownlee liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread