Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1412) Mace and Truce

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    M
    Mace

Mace sat down at the table and gestured for Truce to sit as well. "So what can I help you with?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Not at all, not at all," says Truce quickly with a soft smile as he follows the Councilor to the open table. He is tempted to fix a plate for himself as well, but the news of a suffering specter under the attention of the Consilium quells his appetite.

Taking a seat, Truce begins by saying, "Firstly, congratulations on your appointment as Councilor. I just heard the news. Though the real reason I wish to speak with you is concerning something that Emrys shared with me regarding a ghost woman, Justine, I believe her name is."

He continues, allowing Mace to take a moment to enjoy her food and filling in the silence with what he's learned so far. "What I've heard is that she's currently anchored to a lamppost outside of the Sacramento University campus. I understand that there's currently a security threat in that area regarding the Banisher presence, so I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to help out the Consilium efforts. I also have heard that she's reluctant to allow any tampering with her anchor so I'm assuming she may be rather emotional to deal with. And that you may be considering a Postcognition casting as a work around. I have experience both in counselling emotional subjects as well as Postcognition casting, so I feel I would make an excellent asset to you, not to mention my experience as a Disciple of the Death Arcana."

Truce folds his hands in front of him expectantly as he allows the Councilor to absorb his proposal.

M
    Mace

"Thanks," Mace said with a smirk. "I'm not sure appointment is the right word. But yeah, I'm gonna do my best. Lemme know if I can do anything for you, ya know? Help you get settled in and stuff." She gave a more genuine smile at that.

She did, in fact, take his reprieve from talking to at least get a little bit of food into her stomach. When he summarized what he knew, she couldn't help but smirk again. "Sounds like you have it all figured out then. You sure you need me?" She took a sip of water to clear her throat. "But really, we'd love to have you. Do you have any questions about what we found so far? Sounds like you've been pretty filled in."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"Oh, well," Truce starts, hesitating in his thoughts. "I mean, if there is anything else you could tell me about it. Or, I guess rather I thought you might be heading the efforts to resolve the matter. I suppose I could just work with Emrys on it. Perhaps you could tell me who else is assigned...or rather, is working with him? Emrys mentioned another Moros who had spoken with you both."

Truce isn't exactly flustered in his words, but seems to be tripping over them as he finishes his thoughts, cutting himself off and beginning a new thought right away.

"But I appreciate the offer, regarding help getting settled in that is. If you have any connections in the academic communities I'm always looking for new opportunities to further my education. And I'm also hoping to speak with representatives of each Pentacle to decide on joining an Order. Or at least the Sentinel made it sound like that is something I should do."

Truce fidgets with his hands, wringing them and looking down at the tabletop. The source of his nervousness is primarily the thought of joining an Order though he's also anxious to begin looking into the Ghost matter.

M
    Mace

"Oh, no... uh... that was a joke" Mace stammered, suddenly feeling very embarassed. "We'd love to have your help," she added quickly. "So far, I've been speaking with Emrys, Pelican, and a Shaman named Sylvan. In all honesty, I'm not that great with people. We could use someone who could talk her down, if that turns out to be necessary."

She took a deep breath, and let it out slowly. "Academics, I might be able to help you with. I've got some connections at UC Davis, I'm a grad student there. And you've heard about Sacramento. I know someone who was taking classes there, but I suspect the Banishers have put a freeze on her getting too involved." Her eyes searched out Truce's, trying to gain some insight into his character. "I'll see what I can line up for you. If you have anyone picked out already, let me know. Otherwise, I'll dig up some connections for you." It was her duty as Councilor to help her path grow, right? And besides, that was one of the things Panthera Nox had talked about at their founding.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce stifles a surprised laugh, his nervousness breaking in the realization that she might have been trying to lighten his spirits with a joke. "Oh, sorry," he says through a growing smile. "I guess I tend to come off as a bit serious if not overzealous." Which he is.

"Ah, UC Davis Medical? I've heard they have a trauma outreach program. That might be worthwhile. I'm attending classes at..." he pauses, only a brief moment of hesitation as he considers how much he should share. "At Sacramento's Professional School of Psychology." Well, cat is out of the bag now, but Mace seemed secure enough in herself to admit her own place of enrollment and it wouldn't be fair for him to withhold his out of stubborn paranoia.

"That keeps me pretty busy outside of my internship, but I can't say no to expanding opportunities. So, umm, anyways, Pelican and Sylvan. I suppose I'll have to meet with them at some point. Who knows, maybe this Ghost girl has seen some of the Banisher activity in that area, but that might be too much to hope for..."

M
    Mace

Mace shrugged. "It's a stereotype of those who walk the path of doom. I try and break free of it every now and then but...well, this is what happens." She gestured to the space between them. Still, she returned his smile.

"Medical? Me? No, not at all. But I can ask around, if that's something you'd be interested in." She nodded when he spoke about his situation. "As long as it's interesting, keeping busy isn't so bad. But I'm sure we'll keep you hopping too. With the Hierarch declaring a campaign against the Banishers, we'll find leads on them one way or another." She gave him a wicked grin then. "And then things will get interesting, won't they?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Ah, wishful thinking I guess. Do you mind if I ask...ah, nevermind, it's nothing." He knew the school primarily for their medical program when he had done preliminary searches to decide on graduate schools. He was about to ask what subject she did study, but that certainly would be breaching into her personal life. "I'd appreciate any help in that regard. There's no immediate need for it, just if you hear something."

Changing the subject slightly, Truce says, "I've heard that a Mage named Miach has a medical background. I was thinking of asking him more about it. Or perhaps he was just referring to the Life Arcanum."

M
    Mace

Mace quirked an eyebrow at the aborted question. Now she was curious. But if he wasn't going to ask, she wasn't going to answer. That was kind of how these things worked. "I'll see what I can do," she said. "And I'll let you know if I hear anything."

She nodded at the mention of Miach. "He and Councilor Idun have been trying to form a Cabal with medical interests, from what I hear. I think he has interest in both Life and sleeper Medicine, so he might be worth talking to." She filed that away for later. Idun was Apostate, but wasn't Miach in an order? Something to check into, especially if Truce wanted Order connections.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"I see. Well thank you for your time and your assistance, Councilor Mace. I'll touch base with Emrys once more and I'm sure they'll keep you informed of our progress regarding Justine." Truce pushes back his chair and rises to his feet, feeling that their business is concluded with a clear understanding of each other's needs and expectations.

"Have an excellent rest of your evening. Oh, I don't believe I gave you my number last time we spoke." Truce searches his pocket for a pen and grabs a napkin off the table to write it down on. "I suppose I agree with Damascus, it would be worth getting cards made," he says aloud mostly to himself before handing the napkin to the Councilor.

"Give me a call should you have further need of me." He lingers in case the Councilor has more to say but otherwise is prepared to head back to where he left Emrys & Crowley.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.