Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(SN 2014) Gregory, L'aire & Degnar

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar turned to the gargoyle-looking fella as he spoke. "Ehh, thanks," he said in response to Gregory, offering him a quick nod. He then turned to the Dancer and offered her a similar nod in gratitude of her words. "I am glad that I can serve our Queen and Court in such a manner." As L'aire excused herself to go swear her own pledge, the Tunnelgrub offered her another nod and stay put.

There was a moment of awkward silence, as he looked over at Gregory, unsure of what to say next. He was definitely not one for small talk, but he knew that such things were expected of him; especially in such occasions. "So...how are you finding Sacramento?" he asked of the other Darkling, figuring that was a safe question to ask. Just then, the violet-eyed Fairest returned, which at least made him feel more comfortable.

He glanced over at the woman that L'aire was referring to, and then just offered a simple shrug. He didn't understand most people and their motives, so whatever the Artist had been trying to do was lost on him.

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Gregory had not been facing the man directly, his attention following after L'aire as she left to make her Pledge. At Degnar's reply, Gregory turns now to look at the fellow Darkling.

"I find it well, my thanks," he replies, his expression forming a polite grin that causes his eyes to crease at the edges. "Many polite and good-natured Changelings here. They be very accepting of me, a new, if perhaps unsightly face, within their midst."

It isn't long before L'aire returns, however, and there is not much more to be said between the two strangers.

"Well-spoken," says Gregory to the Dancer. "Your Court hosts a fine celebration, Winter Courtiers. Though, L'aire, I did have a thing to ask you. This be the Blue Note, as you once spoke of. Might you introduce me to your friend, Harvey, before the night is through? I wish to speak to him on the matter of obtaining identity while in this city. It needn't be immediate, if only when convenient."

S
    Sasha

L’aire returned Degnar’s shrug. If he didn’t get it, then she wouldn’t either. She felt like this was some sort of Silent understanding.

The Fairest furrowed her brow. “I wouldn’t say that about yourself Gregory.” Shaking her head gently, she really didn’t like it when other people insulted themselves. Although she did it to herself sometimes.

Looking over to the bar, L’aire’s violets slightly widened. “Well… now doesn’t seem to be a good time to talk to Harvey. Maybe in a little bit, we can pop over there and at least set up an appointment?”

Turning to Degnar slightly. “I don’t think the Sun Banisher likes to openly discuss business at gatherings, unless I’m mistaken?” Maybe the Dancer should have elaborated, but it wasn’t her place to say.

As she looked at the bar once more, L’aire smiled Terri Nutkins . She saw Kyle Ferlen was near and studied him a moment. Not like he’d be able to see if she was staring. There were a few others she saw as well. But her attention quickly returned back to Degnar and Gregory.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

A great shadow falls over the group as Green ponderously closes upon them. Well... upon Gregory at least.

"Hey guys," the mountain grunts to his fellow Courtier and his Motley-Mate. Inclining his head to the gargoyle, he rumbles: "Gregory. How you been?"

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

"My apologies, L'aire," says Gregory, still maintaining his smile. "Please ignore my bouts of self-pity. Yes, I would not wish to trouble Harvey if he be busy. An appointment for a later time will do fine." He would just have to trust L'aire's judgement that it is not a good time. A Sun Banisher? Gregory searches his memory, wondering if he has heard the title before but is uncertain.

When Malcolm arrives, Gregory's grin widens. "Malcolm Green, how have I been? Been well and welcome still. And you? I did see you at a fair in town not long ago. Forgive me that I did not come to speak with you then."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar tilted his head slightly to one side as he listened to Gregory. He didn't understand the sentiment behind the other Darkling's words, self-pity being a foreign concept to him. "It is best if you make an appointment with him," he said in agreement with L'aire. "But he is the man you are looking for, if you are in need of such things." The Tunnelgrub nodded his head once to the Lurkgrider before turning his attention to Green.

"Hello," he offered to his motley mate, followed by a quick tip of his hat in the Elemental's direction.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green shrugged, somewhat. "Ah. You were busy and I was... um... eating. Yeah. I been okay. You settled in yet?" His eyes shifted from the gargoyle to his motley mate and he returns the hat-tip with a slight nod of his own.

By the sounds of it, Gregory was already exploring possibilities with the Onyx Court. Green lapsed into awkward silence, looming self consciously over the group.

S
    Sasha

The funny part to this awkward situation is that despite the men being difficult to converse with, L’aire had a feeling if she needed something one of them would be quick to help. Well maybe. They all tried to be more social at least.

The Fairest shook her head. “Gregory, its okay. We’ll figure it out soon. I told you I’d help you out.” She smiled assuring him she’d keep her word.

The Onyx turned slightly to speak to the Tunnelgrub. “Say, I thought a Ben and Jerry’s store was moving into town. I wonder if they have marshmallow flavors?” Looking directly at Degnar. Then she wasn’t sure of something else. “Maybe something with peanut butter too.” **

L’aire’s head turned quickly to Malcolm then back to Gregory. “You mean the antique thing?” She could have sworn she saw the Gargoyle there. Why the Elemental said he was eating was weird.

Maybe he doesn’t want anyone to know that we were talking, in public. Maybe he doesn’t want to be associated with me outside here. He met me for coffee though. How are men of few words so damned confusing.

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

"Ah, my thanks. And yes indeed," replies Gregory to L'aire. "Antiques and such aged things. Were you there? Apologies again then that I did not see you. I saw many there, many Changelings. A Samuel, a Catherine Brume, and Mary Lee. Many to meet and many to see." It was an enjoyable outing overall and Gregory trusted that L'aire enjoyed herself as well despite his lack of notice. Additionally, it seems Gregory hardly notes the strange mention of the ice cream brand, equating its meaning to something they had been talking about before his arrival into the conversation.

Turning back to Malcolm he answers, "But by your query I be mostly settled. I plan to stop by Edna's soon to barter for housing but otherwise I be well enough. Perhaps with Harvey's help I may even find employment and a fresh start all my own."

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green grunted as Gregory spoke.

"I heard that Edna's offers fair rates. Thats good for our people." He cocked his big head to one side. "Maybe he will. If not... well... maybe he can point you in the right direction. Or something?"

A long pause slowly enveloped him. "What kind of work you looking for?" he asked the Gargoyle in a sudden burst of self awareness.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread