Ended
Watch

Winter Solstice

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    C
    Casitive

Certainly,” David says meekly to the Enticing Daeva, “it is the modern term for the beliefs and rituals first practiced in Ancient Egypt. <<Kmt>> is the name of Egypt in that time period and the religion is also sometimes called Neterism.” The Shadow's weight shifts as he turns towards the others in the group, considering what he should say next.

The belief system has been apart of me since my Embrace,” David notes thoughtfully. “As a Libitinarius, our ritae, practices, and beliefs, all stem from Egypt and Roman-Egypt. My belief, then, has grown over time as I come to understand my family's duty.” The Mortician punctuates his statement with a small nod of his head. It might be odd to hear a Dragon talk about belief in a Higher-Power, the stereotype of atheist scholars being a hard thing to shake.

If only they knew.

S
    Soderbok

Fionn felt the Hierophant staring at him.

Bugger he wants to read your secrets, use your weakness against you.

Fionn forced the voice to be silent the press of people was making it excitable.

"Pigs blood, will try to source human for future gatherings."

Fionn listened to the others talking, who knew that people had that many different beliefs in the modern age.
    Reading the aura

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Fuck this.

Edwin cleared his throat as he took in those who had joined them at the Farm, moving slightly towards the main altar so as to gain the attention of everyone present. A smile blossomed, naturally so for the magnetic Lord.

"For those who know me, and those who do not, I am Edwin Bridges, and have been gifted with the duty of Skald by Hierophant Wooding. I won't bore y'all with the ins and outs of what that entails but on a night like this, one of the most important festivals to those of us who follow the ways of the Crone, one particular duty of mine is to tell a story. And so, for tonight, I will focus on a story that some of you may recognize not quite know."

Edwin was no scholar but he knew enough. Generally, enough to get him in trouble, but when it came to his own beliefs, he had them pinned down. Also, Chris had forewarned him of his part tonight, and had taken the time to practice. Sure, he wasn't a great orator but had the charisma and voice to pull it off.

"Once upon a time, because all stories should start this way," he grinned, "there was an old man, a Father to many, his beard as grey as a storm cloud and as bushy as a squirrel's tail! Every year, he would work tirelessly for the will of others, following ancient traditions that had been laid down by Fate itself, the mighty force that we all are hidebound to follow. He had sacrificed much in his work yet he knew that what he did, he did for the good of all; to bring hope to the world and those that believed in him. Yet he knew, deep in the root of his soul, every single drop of sweat that he toiled would be worth it as on one night of the year, this very night that we stand here in the darkness, celebrating to time when the Sun is reborn once more in the cycle of light and darkness, where he could ride once more, wild and free."

A dramatic pause, Edwin glanced to the night sky as if to spot this mysterious rider.

"He would mount Sleipnir, the Eight-Legged horse of legend, and ride across the world, bringing with him the Wild Hunt and across the world, those beneath him would know if he valued them by gifting them with a single blessing or cursing them! For this one night, he was free to run wild! In this moment, a glorious ride, the All-Father blurred the lines between Life and Death, causing a domain all of his own; Us." Edwin couldn't help but grin, aptly adapting the beliefs of the Second Descent with that of the Yule. Once finished, he offered a small nod of his head. "A simple tale, one of many that could be an origin, or not. It's your Requiem, after all. Thank you."

Tell a Tale
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-16 02:40:08 Edwin Bridges rolls 9 to Tell a Story (10 Again, WillPower) 5, 9, 7, 2, 10, 8, 7, 10, 9, 10, 3, 6 6 successes
    Scenes

V
    Vivian York

“Oh, do you know a lot about Egyptian culture, David?” While she was very curious about the mystical pyramids, Pharoses and other tales, she did have another interest regarding Egypt. “Family’s duty?...” Her voice trailed off, as soon the Lord began to make an announcement.

“Fascinating.” Vivian whispered under her breath as Edwin made the introduction of what was to come.

My stars, is he speaking of St. Nick in another fashion? Of course the Daeva had heard tales when she was a child. The man was now iconic and legendary. But, if this was about the bearded man that adorned every place during the holidays, this was far more exciting.

And Edwin told it with grace and expertise she wouldn’t have thought prior until now. She should have assumed he’d be good with stories, considering all the ink he had that the Daeva could see.

Vivian quietly applauded with enthusiasm, although she wasn’t entirely certain that was an acceptable thing to do at the Crone’s gathering. But by god, it was worth applause.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris is, how to say it, slightly distracted. He's managing things in his head, going back over certain memories of certain moments with certain nude women. Meanwhile he realizes that Ajax probably didn't offer his mountain lion as a sacrifice, but just as... a presence? Ah well.

And pigs blood. As long as it's not his blood, things are fine. 'That would be most appreciated. But this is also worthy of our thanks. Don't worry.' The man has so many emotions raging through his aura that Chris feels like he should calm him down. He's a guest, not the next offering.

Then he steps behind the altar. Suddenly it's surrounded by a lot of things. Where to begin? Chris wants to include some of David Regan's traditions as a way of thanking the man for coming, but that would require more improvisation. And there's the pigs blood. They'll have plenty of blood for tonight, that's a fact.

As he's not talking, Chris is very glad that Edwin decides to take the lead. And he proves to be a good Skald. A good storyteller. A man with a presence. A man with knowledge of lore. It makes the Hierophant think...

'No, thank you Skald! Many legends and myths surround our origins, but not all of them can be linked to this specific time of the year.' He says clearly, with a wide smile. 'And indeed, one of them can be true, or all of them. It's about believing. That's why we're here...

Or specifically for a Crone Santa?

He speaks loud because now is the time for everyone to center their attention. 'Please everyone gather around in a Circle,' he begins, making a circling gesture around him.

Will post again between 24-48 hours leading the ceremony.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

6. Likes Forn Clakes, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    C
    Casitive

David cants his head to both sides as he considers Vivian's interlocking questions. It's a blessing then, that Edwin would masterfully weave a tale perfect for the occasion and misdirect any attention away from the reticent Mortician. It's time enough for him to consider just how to demure away from the spotlight.

David joins in Vivian's quiet applause while he answers humbly, “Amateur at best, I've studied it since my embrace as my Heritage helps those Kindred who have decided to enter Torpor, enter with a clear mind.

Once said, the quiet Shadow takes a few steps into the circle around the Reeve awaiting guidance.

T
    Tre

“Thas an interestin take on Santa Claus if ever I eard one bafur. Ya weave words like a sparrow an er nest, beautiful wit strength an elegance.” I give applause.

I move and take a place within the circle. My head drop as my soul feels with the mounting energies being spun under the night sky. Though the animal in my heart paces like the cat at my side, a calm begins to take hold.

“Is a wounderful night ta give thanks ta tha Mother.” Turning to Fionn “An I’m glad ta be here wit people I may call friends.”

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin takes the thanks and gentle applause with an honest smile. It was always good to be the centre of attention so long as that attention was positive. Truthfully, he had to make some effort in understanding AJ but there was something about beautiful, strength and elegance.

He would take that as a win.

Moving to join the Circle, the Skald stands proud, glad to have stuck around unlike the douche bags that have abandoned their faith.
    Scenes

V
    Vivian York

Well, now the big cat gift thing all made sense. The Daeva didn’t realize that the Feral Gangrel was an Acolyte until now. Religion was a fickle thing, no elitist acceptance for the most part. One just had to believe in their convictions it seemed.

Vivian quietly replies to David. “Oh, I see, quite intriguing. There have been some strange Egyptian things going on in the city. But now is not the time.” Considering he’s studied such, the Daeva thought she’d at least make him aware of it. He was scholarly after all.

She moved forward into the Circle. Unaware of what her participation level could be as an outsider, she clasped her hands gently in front of her. Seeing another Mekhet in their element brought a soft smile to her face. His faith was important to him, but, he didn’t toss it down her throat. That she appreciated immensely.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Dirge paused, head cocked to one side. While her attendants milled around her and struggled with the restless bovine, the Haunt stayed stock still. At last, just as the Daeva settled into the widening circle, she moved to join them.

"I am here," she said quietly. Her voice sang with conviction

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread