Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Ritual Talk

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Pretty much immediately dropping the final text to Chris, Edwin was in his car and driving over to Nox, finding a space a little down the street. He was meaning to trade it in for another bike but simply hadn't gotten round to it. The same could be said for his fabled tattoo studio, the one he had been talking about ever since arriving in Sac-Town.

Going to dinner with Velma.

Making a Coterie.

Learning Cruac.

It seemed that all Edwin had done since getting himself established was talk bullshit. No matter how much faith he had that everything would come good in the end, it was a constant hate-fuck to his ego knowing that despite his desire to be a player, it simply hadn't transpired. This wasn't simply a Tribulation. This was plain, old fashioned laziness.

Walking down into the lower-levels of Nox where Kindred could be themselves, away from the prying eyes of the kine, Edwin wondered whether this would be the beginning of prosperity for himself, where he could actually make good on the plans that just kept turning in his mind. Or if it was just more bull.

Dropping his coat off in the cloakroom, Edwin wore a similar attire to his last visit. Fresh blue and black sneakers and baggy black pants were the order of the night, along with a black Motorhead tee. A baseball cap finished off the outfit.

Not wishing to simply barge into one of the meeting rooms, Edwin took up a seat in the public lounge area, removing his phone to catch up on some of his Family Guy game. There was stuff to collect in Quahog and yeti's to take out.
    Scenes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Not much later Chris arrives at Nox. He doesn't spend all his time in his new office, that's not something he's supposed to do. He thinks. He's still trying to figure out his new night-to-night schedule, but maybe by accident he has some spare time now. Edwin Bridges is lucky. Honestly, Chris is happy that Edwin contacted him. Now he can spend some time as Hierophant again, it's been a while. And maybe he'll squeeze in a little Reeve business.

Since he didn't feel the need to change into something formal, for a fellow Acolyte, the Shadow is wearing a brown shirt and black pants. Comfortable simplicity.

As soon as he sees Edwin in the public area he claps his hands together a single time, 'Ah, Edwin! Good to see you. I hope you are well?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

The sound of the Hierophant's voice broke Edwin's concentration on his phone, his head turning as he offered Chris a winning smile. "As well as can be expected, if your expectations are low," the Lord chuckled, standing to offer Chris a handshake. No fistbump, all professional.

"The Crone is keeping you safe, one prays?" he asks as the phone is dropped into a pocket of his jeans, enquiring of the man's health as well as his more recent promotion. The last thing they needed was to lose their Hierophant now, at all times, especially since Notaku and Sinead had both gone AWOL.
    Scenes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

While accepting the handshake Chris chuckles as well, 'Good, good. So every improvement above your expectations is a reason for optimism then.' Also an answer to: How to live the Wooding way of life. You don't have to rise to stardom in your first month in the Domain. There's plenty of time.

When Edwin mentions the Crone, the Hierophant nods reassuringly. 'I definitely think so. If only you knew how resilient I've proven to be in the past - while my own expectations in that regard were low - you would believe that her protection has kept me on my feet so far.' And while the Reeve seems to be a dangerous position, nothing serious has happened to previous Reeve's because they held the position.

Chris looks around to check if no one else is here. Then he decides to sit down, they might as well talk here.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

The chuckle that escaped Edwin was one of honest mirth. "I can see you are definitely an optimist, Hierophant," he replies, taking a seat once more after Chris does so, happy to talk openly.

"I apologise for not being able to show you around my studio; truth be told I haven't even got that far yet. I'm still looking for Tenancy, had a job with Regent Redfill that would help me set up in Florin. However, once that's done, Drawing Blood will be up and running, don't worry about that."

"Can I ask, have you heard from others of our Circle? I can't say I've seen either Notaku or Sinead for some time now." Not that he was particularly bothered to see them vanish but the strength of the Crone was what mattered to the Skald. Crossing his tattooed arms, Edwin wondered if they had both been talking philosophy until the sun surprised them.
    Scenes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Drawing Blood, nice touch, I will be looking forward to see it. I understand that there will be some changes in the whole power-structure of Sacramento. As soon as the details are made clear, it might be easier to get your own place. We'll see.' Chris seems quite sincere. Maybe he'll even get a tattoo, for some time, as he understood it's not permanent for them. 'Although Redfill is no longer a Regent, you should look into that.' Maybe the man still has some influence though?

Then his smile fades and he shakes his head. 'I know that Sinead has left the city, but I haven't heard from Notaku...' It's just impossible to have a proper Circle, so it seems. He hasn't been in touch with the man a lot. Would something have happened? 'I think he was living at the farm. If his stuff is gone, so is he. Otherwise he might have disappeared suddenly, but let's not come to any hasty conclusions.'

'Some good news, there is a new arrival, going by the name AJ. He appears eager to learn more from us. Which makes me eager to hear more about your faction within the Circle. As I have a quite neutral and basic view on our beliefs, maybe yours can play a more specific role.'
    Chris is not sure what Edwin wanted to talk about, but this seems important to share. He's been thinking about it for a while.

7. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"That's interesting, really interesting," Edwin stated, nodding when Chris spoke of some changes to the domain. Perhaps everything would soon come full circle, his patience to do the Crone's work....Wait, what?

"Redfill is no longer a Regent? Since when?" There was a sound of shock in the man's husky tone, eyes widening. They were still in the process of hunting down the homeless murderers and now the man who had set them upon the task was no longer in charge? Well, that's just fucked up!

Edwin took a breath and pinched his nose. Now was not the time to worry about it. Perhaps, overall, it would not matter, not if what Chris had told him was reliable.

A smile as he locked at his Hierophant again, calming the frustration of the news. "Oh well, fuck it," he chuckled, shaking his head before moving back onto the Crone.

"I wouldn't know, I haven't returned to the farm since the nights following the bloodhunt was called. If he has left, then I pity him. He could have been at the heart of something great. As for Sinead," a shrug, not wishing to seem too disheartened. "She could have been a fine guide for us."

"AJ, AJ? Can't say I've had the pleasure,"
    Edwin replied before he raised an eyebrow, adding it with a smirk. "The Second Descent? I must confess I am somewhat surprised. I honestly believed that no-one would be interested in it."
    Scenes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

So yes, how to bring this without laughing? Since Chris can't look through doors, yet, he speaks only a bit softer. To be sure. 'He gave up the position to become Reeve, erm, I mean, to focus on helping the Reeve's office.' He rolls his eyes, did he just misspoke? How stupid. 'But don't worry, voluntary contributions toward the safety of the Domain can be rewarded in their own way. In case your deal is off.'

The Hierophant can only agree on what Edwin says about Sinead and Notaku. They could have been so much. They were such a young Circle. But Chris is not bothered by it too much, he is used to it. And new faces always show up.

'I don't think AJ is his full name.' The man is a matter for another time - with himself among them. For now a smile returns to Chris' face. He speaks slowly, as if remembering something he learned not too long ago:

'Why not? - He daughter of sin is determined to go, to the dark house, dwelling of the dark god, to the house which those that enter cannot leave - Right? I have always been interested in our factions, I simply never had a chance to join one. I have never been part of a large Circle. Only one mentor taught me all I know.' Not his sire. Definitely. 'And the Second Descent is particularly interesting since I agree with some of its philosophies already. I've never seen the Embrace as a punishment. I see the power of creation in different ways than some Kindred do: I have no ghoul, nor a garden or anything alike. Not that I would disregard its power completely, I just believe we should truly create.' What he means with that is a whole different discussion.

'Besides, in the time Dirge was Hierophant she worshipped Hades, calling him the Dark Lord, if I recall correctly. I think we can make a change in the Circle that no one would have any objections with.' There are not so many Acolytes, and Chris happens to be their leader. He has always been open-minded, but maybe too much. 'The current philosophy in Sacramento practically makes it possible to believe anything you want. Perhaps a clear direction to follow will make the Circle more appealing.'

His level of occult should cover some knowledge already, but this is for the details
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-16 13:01:40 Chris rolls 8 to Int + Occult to have knowledge (10 Again) 7, 9, 4, 6, 3, 1, 4, 5 1 success

10. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

A beaming grin spread across the magnetic Lord's face, and as Chris recited the verse, Edwin found his mouth moving in sync with the words being spoken.

"I must say, I am impressed, Hierophant. Those words were the first I was taught by my sire the night she Embraced me. They mean...much to me. I would be more than happy to pass on the knowledge, that which I know, to yourself. I myself follow the Goddess, Hel, she of Nilfheim, the Norse Underworld. You see, it's a personal journey for me," he explained, pausing, composing the words, the excitement of his faction possibly taking some shape in Sacramento quite liberating. "My sire told me that she had a vision, where she saw a man who had taken the pathway into the Underworld, following the Second Descent and fully embracing the Third Descent, sitting at the side of Hel herself. She told me that I was this man." A chuckle, a shake of the head. "I don't know if that is true, I am not a fortuneteller. For all I know she had simply fed on some junkie who was as high as a skyscraper. However, I have always believed that one night, when the End Times come and the dead move among the living, it will be a member of the Crone standing with Hel, the line between life and death unified. Maybe I am that man, or maybe I am but another believer building what is to come."
    Scenes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris is actually quite surprised to hear how Edwin had been a member of the Second Descent since the very first night of his Embrace. He nods when the Lord says it's his personal journey. It's already understood that every Kindred has his or her own deity to worship.

'I would love to hear more, to have rumors and legends reaffirmed, and to figure out how exactly you practice your specific beliefs.' A grin appears, and it gets wider when the Skaald continues his story. Despite the 'feeding on junkie' part, this seems like a serious part of the man's background.

'We all have a purpose, and even whether someone or no one has reached the Third Descent, the concept of a Second Descent as Kindred already makes quite some sense. We should figure out ways to include your philosophies in our upcoming solstice celebration.' The Hierophant seems to be looking forward to this. He wants the whole meeting to be a success, with or without Sinead and Notaku. 'But first, why did you want to see me exactly?'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread