(1412) Peter and Daniella

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“Stones can be good, but it also raises some concerns.” Shrug, “But we will see how it plays out.” She was no longer Keeper, but that would not stop her from addressing and helping if someone stepped out of line.

“The booth is fine, I’m not worried with anyone listening.” Most were engaged in conversation already. “Plus I would like to be visible if any of my Cousins come. Or even a new Cousin.” New faces were always fun.

“The Presentation Miss Villers used to share was brought up during our meeting with His Grace. My first position within the Domain was Bailiff to the Keeper. I helped setup the Presentation and also used it numerous times. I found it to be a useful tool with explaining Laws and what is expected to new Kindred. Not to mention it is fluid and consistent. I’m not sure where the flipcharts currently are, but I feel confident in my ability to recreate them. I wanted to offer the use this tool to you and Mister Cordoba. Of course I won’t be offended if you don’t wish to use them, I imagine everyone has their own style and ways to go about Acknowledging. But I wanted to make the offer.”
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin gave a small shrug. He didn't much care if anybody listened if she didn't. "As you wish."

As she explained the presentation, the Priscus of Haunts nodded once or twice. He knew the flipcharts. They were nothing new to him; as far as he was concerned, they were terribly inefficient in general, but some of the content was useful in his eyes. "While I won't be using flipcharts, I wouldn't mind having the information available to condense into a much shortened version. I'm afraid I'm not one for lemonade and lengthy chats," the Haunt said obliquely. "I'd be happy to take you up on your offer - but there's no need to do them up on big presentation paper. Regular eight-and-a-half-by-eleven will do, and I'll condense it from there. Thank you, Lady Sage."
    Max Heinz 's bow was noted, and he nodded to the matchstick man. "Mr. Heinz. Please, join us. What can we do for you?" Angel Ducard 's arrival was equally noted, her sashaying on up to the Mekhet bringing a little smirk to the Nosferatu's tense countenance. "Good evening, Ms. Ducard."

Was it them she was looking for, or just the Shadow? In any event, she'd found Prisci.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

As the two Prisci continue their conversation, Max's eyes catch sight of a particularly odd creature. There was something about the woman that made her seem from another time; as if she wouldn't have been out of place next to Rita Hayworth or Hedy Lamarr, and it wasn't just her choice in outfits and hairstyle.

It takes half a moment, but the Mekhet's mind finally notices the discrepancy. Many among the Kindred were pale, but the woman approaching was far beyond even the pallid countenance of the Ventrue Priscus. This unknown creature was truly monochromatic; a daguerreotype come to life and headed straight towards him. For a moment, Max is in a state of near panic. Had Khan managed to pull some sort of occult trickery; animating one of the images on the film he had stolen from the house in Mather and sending it after him?

Thankfully, Baldwin's words snap Max out of his paranoia; the Mekhet quickly regaining his composure even as he was torn between the two Kindred addressing him. Of course, when presented with two Invictus Prisci and a woman completely unknown to him, it was an easy decision to make. He turns his full attention to the seated Kindred, returning Peter's nod. "Good evening; I hope I'm not interrupting anything important? I simply wanted to offer my congratulations on your appointment, Priscus Baldwin; and wish you both the best of luck with your new duties. With the recent changes to the Domain, I'm sure you're both going to be very busy in the coming nights.

I do have a small favor to ask of both of you, but it is a trivial matter; and it can wait for now. It's merely asking for your... opinion on something."

Max then turns to once more face the woman with the unique coloration, offering Angel a polite nod before speaking. "Good evening, Ms Ducard was it? Please, consider the floor yours." He steps to the side, allowing the female Nosferatu to approach the two Prisci as well.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She grins, “I wasn’t big on the lemonade either. But I did find it lightened the mood and seemed to put some Kindred at ease. I may incorporate something into my own Acknowledgements, as to what, I’m not sure yet.” Without an office it made it hard. She nods, “You are most welcome and I will see to getting you the information as soon as I can.” Let those not of The First Estate stumble to get the information together. “It shouldn’t take me too long.” With the change in Zones, the map would need to be updated. “Oh, will you need a copy of the Domain with the new Zones laid out and labeled?” she asks, just to make sure.

At the appearance of her Cousin, she offers him a warm smile, “Ah, Mr Heinz, good evening!” she says, “And no, I believe we have concluded what we were discussing, so please, join us.” She says with a gesture to the chairs. At the mention of needing their opinion, “I would be honored to offer my opinion, but of course when you are ready and able to discuss it.” She says with an up-beat tone.

Eyes turn to Angel, and the friendly smile reappears, “Good evening Ms Ducard, how lovely to see you. You are of course welcomed to join us as well.”
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Angel Ducard

I give Mr. Heinz a whispering look,"Angel, You can call me Angel if you are allowed, Mr. Heinz." I don't know his covenant after all, and therefore what rules the man went by. I offer him my hand. He's cute, in that nerdy, bookish kind of way.

"Good evening to you as well Priscus Baldwin." I politely curtsy to him, giving deference to his position.
    "Why thank you Ms. Sage*. I had hoped to run into some friendly faces tonight. I was afraid I was going to spend the evening talking to myself." But then again, I have to get an intelligent conversation somewhere. And who better then myself if those I know are not around.

*Daniella's Title says "Mistress Keeper" But the wiki says only Priscus under "Who's Who" And as of this post, Angel doesn't know that Daniella is a Priscus.

P
    Peter Baldwin

"I would appreciate a map, thank you, Lady Sage. It's easiest to explain it with the visual."

"Ask away, Mr. Heinz. It is no interruption at all." Lord Baldwin looked vaguely amused at Angel's introduction and statement about him being allowed to use first anmes, a little half-smile crossing his corpse-like countenance. He glanced to the Priscus of Shadows, gesturing rigidly from the monochromatic maid to the smiling Shadow in introduction and education of the Mekhet's title. "Ms. Ducard, please meet Lady Sage, Priscus of Shadows. Lady Sage, Ms. Ducard is a new Nosferatu."

It wasn't necessary to say it. Her lack of coloration was offputting enough to mark her as what she was, but it was polite.

S
    Shepard

Nolan approached the group of kindred and offered a nod to them.

"Excuse me Priscus Baldwin, but we have a new arrival, Mr. Julian Durand , who would like to speak with you regarding acknowledgement." He gestured to the man with the unusual fashion sense, and waited for further instruction.

Nolan's hair would have stood on edge if he had blushed for court. There was a strange level of aggression and hostility growing in him. Between Lord Baldwin and Julian Durand, it was about as uncomfortable as he had imagined. Considerably

Julian followed Nolan over to the group. He let his gaze sweep over them, a friendly smile carved into his features, before settling on his Priscus.

They were an interesting bunch, particularly the women who seemed to be lacking for color in her expression. He almost did a double take, but gawking was...well, rude to say the least.

Some days, Julian couldn't help but envy some of his fellow Nosferatu. Those whose curse rendered them grotesque, odd or simply peculiar. Those whose curse oft led to them being overlooked, underestimated, ignored or pitied. Oh, he knew the grass was always greener on the other side of the fence, and he'd never actually express the sentiment. But for Julian, the aura of predatory dread which surrounded the young Haunt was an unspoken threat upon lips that would never dream of uttering it. It was a bluff, and one he sincerely hoped wasn't called this evening.

It was the reason Julian smiled so freely. The contrast left him unsettling to be sure, but far better that than to appear hostile.

"Good evening Priscus Baldwin, I'm sorry for intruding. I'm new to the Domain, and was hoping to present myself this evening" remarked Julian, his tone pleasant but with a distinct hint of formality. First impressions were important, and the Haunt struggled to keep his nerves from showing. His Priscus was intimidating to say the least, and Julian wondered if the man actually wanted to tear his head off, or whether that was just the curse Nolan had mentioned.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Max raises a curious eyebrow at the woman's remark about names, chuckling softly as he takes the offered hand. "Well, I don't think it's a matter of being allowed, Angel, so much as how others might interpret it. I suppose that means you can call me Max, if you'd like?" He bends his head and gives the woman's hand a polite kiss; which was a bit of a change in and of itself. Most of the Kindred Max had met over the years seemed to prefer hand shakes, but Ducard didn't seem the type...

He's about to return to the reason he stopped by the Prisci's booth in the first place, when two more Kindred appear behind those already gathered. Both of them were unknown to Max, even if he had noticed them when he first arrived at Court. That didn't make it any easier to curtail the growls as his Beast confronts a new predator. The man who's Beast Max could sense was only mildly disturbing; reminding Max of the shifty-eyed vagrants he used to run into in New York. No, the truly unnerving one was the man with a smile on his face.

Max tries to remind himself it wasn't the man's fault; that the peculiarities of the Nosferatu Blood projected themselves whether an individual willed it or now. But that does little to still the feeling of ill-ease the Mekhet feels now that he is trapped with Baldwin on one side and Durand on the other. Thankfully, duty provided an easy out of the situation; and for once it wasn't his.

Turning back to the Prisci, he gives a slight smile to Baldwin and Sage. "Well, it seems I'm holding up the line. I won't keep you from your family, Priscus Baldwin. Priscus Sage, a pleasure as always." He then turns to address the other three Kindred. "Gentlemen, Angel..."

Unless stopped, the thin Mekhet will leave the group to discuss matters in private.

14. Likes Ruach, Cameron liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin chuckled at Max's quip to Angel. "Oh, but Mr. Heinz, the interpretations would amuse us for weeks," the Haunt jested darkly. "I'll come by later and we can discuss it." He let the Shadow go with a nod, then turned his attention to the Haunt Squadron, of which there were now several.

Cold, inhuman eyes considered the new arrival, whose Curse communicated a threat not unlike his own. Danger. High voltage. There be monsters within. It was like looking in a mirror. Unerving, unpleasant - how people must feel around him!

"Thank you, Mr. Rhoads, for bringing him by. Good evening, Mr. Durand. Welcome to Sacramento."

He looked to his coteriemate for a moment. Whatever. He wasn't going to say anything sensitive.

"You are presented well, sir. I will give you a moment to read the Laws of the Domain and Elysium posted over there before I ask you two very important questions."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread