Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

First Impressions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

There'd been a call. Words were exchanged, and now, because of those words, Apollo found himself sitting in the Reverance. The club's exterior the Arrow felt was more decidedly Castle than Cathedral, the point having come up briefly during the call.

Apollo had sat himself down at the bar after making sure it was in view of the entrance, and indulged himself a little on drinks. Sure, Arrow philosophy might look down on that kind of thing, but a measure of moderation and Life wouldn't affect him too badly. Right?

Dressed in a blue flannel, jeans, and sneakers, the Arrow certainly felt out of place enough to be spotted fairly easily. For now, Apollo passed the time listening to the music and wondering what the guy on the other end of the phone looked like.

@%1;

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley materialised from the ether as if he had been summoned. One minute a procession of suitably dark individuals passed near where Apollo was sitting, the next a rangy man in black leather pants, chains, bandana and a Slipknot T-Shirt was standing there. The grin didn't help - devilish and deranged, like he had just chosen his next... victim. The smile subsided of course, into a look of enigmatic contentment as Crowley saddled up to the bar and ordered himself a simple beverage.

While he waited on his drink, the rocker turned his attention to the man in flannel, hand raised to his lips as if in thought, or benediction, or perhaps as if sharing a private joke.

"Evening friend. Hope I'm not bothering you - but a mutual acquaintance asked me to have a chat with a new guy who might be joining our band. We have an interest in archery, see...?"

Eyes lock. A manic grin struggles to form at the corner of his mouth. Its almost like he's anticipating the gent next to him to go what the fuck and say something aggressive... simply so he can start something. In a gothic themed night club, of all places.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post

Apollo turned around as a voice from behind seemed to be addressing him. As he took in the Free Council rocker grinning at him, his brow furrowed slightly. Apollo knew that look. That look was trouble incarnate. The "let's go saran-wrap every fucking toilet and urinal in this joint" look, and it was being directed at him in a decidedly not-good fashion.

The Talon decides to play it off despite the encroaching sense he was about to be fucked with. "Yeah, that'd be me. Hey," Apollo holds a hand out for a shake "Name's Aaron." He smiles back warily.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

The Acanthus and Herald takes the offered hand in a simple, but firm, shake.

"Welcome to Sac-Town. Call me Crowley. Most folks do."

His drink arrives. He pays what he owes and takes it.

"How are you finding it so far? If you're still living out of a motel, I don't mind putting you up for a few days till you sort yourself out. I gotta spare room." He'd offered the same to another Mage before - back when he had been hopeful a Cabal might be formed. "There's a quiet table over there. Out of the way. Be easier to talk. Less distractions." Or so he says - going by the rocker's turn of head, it would seem Crowley is sizing up their table for its privacy... and unobstructed view of the dance floor.

"Ah, Howdy Crowley." Apollo nods, Face to a name. "Got nothin' to complain about so far, haven't had the time to check out anywhere cool but you know, nothing bad is good, right?" The man's expression then turns to one of mild surprise "Really?" He certainly wasn't expecting that kind of offer. For a beat Apollo didn't know how to respond. "Thanks man, I owe you one."

Apollo's eyes follows the other man's gaze, towards the indicated table "Yeah, that works I guess." Apollo shrugs and gets out of his seat, leading the way over.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley followed and folded heavily into a seat, back to the wall as much as possible. Taking a quick quaff of his drink, he made a show of carefully placing it on a mat.

"So. I hear you're interested in archery. What else interests you? And... eh... what path did you take getting here?" For a moment, the crazy rocker was put aside and Crowley let his serious face show. Just enough. Briefly. Then he appeared to be listening to the music and idly watching a lithe form in a black skirt drift by.

Apollo leans back a bit and considers how to answer the man's question with metaphor. Then after a second he replies "Uh, hitched a bus and ended up walking south here, basically. Passed this one park on the way... Um, damn, I don't remember the name. It's like a few blocks up, ton's of that one purplish plant that's nothing but thorns? Thistle or something."

"As for interests? Qell..." Apollo wasn't sure if the man had meant that in an allegorical sense or not, so he was just gonna answer that one honestly. "I'm a bit of a music nut I suppose. Learned guitar back in like, high school. Y'know how that goes." Apollo smiled "I only mention it 'cause of the, uh, background to our call there. Haven't really had the chance to play lately since work and getting here."

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley's eyes narrowed as Apollo laid his careful trail. The Acanthus nodded slowly, then brightened mightily as the wicked grin once again burst onto his features.

"You too huh!? Yeah... Bit of nut myself. Started a band in high school and we. Were. Awesome. Back in the day! Guitar? Well... I can play but I ended up on the drums. Had to learn how to play fast. Heh - fate, you know. Must have been practice. Not in a band now. I still do gigs, of course. Help out people I meet. Occasionally, a bit of mentoring now and then."

He shrugged and drank. Watching the new guy.

"I hear ya." Apollo nodded, it was a hell of a double-life Mages led. Another sip of the drink. "Sorta... inbetween jobs at the moment naturally. I've got some medical experience so I'd been thinking goin' into EMS, but kinda struggling with how trying to, uh, balance those obligations would pan out." There were always obligations that needed attention, always. Speaking of which... "So, uh, what's the situation? Haven't really heard much in LA." He'd struggled with using the word situation, he'd been thinking "protocol" or such, but given what he'd been told back home, "protocol" might be edging a little too formally for the situation.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley shook his head.

"You won't hear much in L.A unless its about what the L.A crowd are doing. Lot of navel gazers!" A growl oozed in his voice. "If you are interested in medical work, I know someone who would be glad of the help. They could assist with the work-life balance, if you catch my drift. They're doing it!"

He bobbed his head from side to side and drummed absently on the table.

"How shall I put this? Old management let things go... New management called them on it, then turfed the old out. So there is new management in place, and new life in this here Charter. Quite a lot of change has been going on, not least of which is the resolution of some old mysteries - nasty stuff which I'm happy to report you've just missed. And going forward there is going to be a slap down on those who made living around here so... edgey if you get my meaning. But I don't think they're going to go down easily."

Crowley leaned closer.

"Banishers are a problem. As one of the martial dudes I thought I'd clue you in. As far as anyone knows they hold down Sac State campus but do have a bit of... reach."

He paused. Drank. Waited curiously for a response.

12. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread