Ended
Watch

Bums and the City

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    W
    Will

It slightly chilly. But philliph didn't let that deter him. He was hungry and really wanted to eat something. Anything, as long as he didn't have to kill it he probably would eat it. Though if push came to shove he wouldn't be very picky about it. As long as it hadn't been able to talk or think he would eat it. He didn't like expending the effort to hunt something though.

So he was doing whatever people like him do when they get hungry. Find the nearest dumpster close to a foodjoint and start rooting thorugh the damn thing. So here he was, awkwardly balancing on the side of the dumpster as he threw cardboard, wrappers and who know what else of crap out of the dumpster. There had to be something edible in this thing. He could smell it! He rooted deeper into the dumpster, now standing on his toes to be able to reach deeper and deeper into the dumpster.

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Walking by, seemingly aimless, Gregory takes note of an unfamiliar pair of legs and an unfamiliar tail poking unusually out of an alley dumpster. Gregory has passed this way many times, noting the restaurant as a regular source of less-than-fresh foodstuffs. Whoever it is that is rooting through the trash seems to have given it the whole of their attention.

Racking his knuckles on the side of the container the sharp sound echoes through the metal followed by a raspy voice. "Ello, stranger? What be you doing there?" he asks cautiously. The Darkling doesn't know any other Lost in the area that would lower themselves to dumpster diving. But that does not mean they were not of the Freehold. Then again, it might mean exactly that.

W
    Will

Philliph grinned in thriumph when he felt something not cardboard like underneath his fingers. He dug away some thrash and oh yes. Jackpot. He didn't quite recognize what it was before it was thrown in the dumpsters, he sniffed, probably a few day's ago. But he recognized something meat like, something green that wasn't mold and some bready bits. Wasn't enough to sate his appitite, but enough to get started! He grabbed it in his hands.

A few sharp knocks on the side of his dumpster called him back from the present and startled he half fell and half crawled out of the dumpster. Falling on the pavement arse first. Ready to bolt if it was the cops or something else dangerous. Luckly for him it was just a changeling he had met a day or two back at the winter thingy.

"Oh, Hi Gregory. Didn't notice ya." He said as he held up his little prize. "Just getting me some dinner. Still plenty in the dumpster if ya fancy a bite yourself. Just gotta push all hte cardboard out of tha way." He said with a grin before gulping the month old whatever down.

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Gregory grins at the now-more-familiar form of Philliph sitting on the cement pavement. "Ah, and I did not know it be you, Philliph. Sorry to interrupt." The Darkling reaches out a hand and then retracts it suddenly as if burned by an invisible fire. After a brief hesitation he reaches it back out again, offering assistance in getting up off the ground.

"I've sampled this one before. A good find for the desperate, such as we. But there be better ways to find your dinner in this, the Christmas season. I be just on my way there myself if you deign to dine that way. Walk with me a ways." Being alone on the holidays does not mean much to Gregory, but he senses the absence in company before he came upon Philliph. Perhaps an evening companion would bring him some cheer.

W
    Will

"S'okay. You didn't really interrupt." He responded to gregory's grin with a happy smile of his own. He gratefully took the assistance offered and got back on his feet.

"that's a good idea. I haven't had the time to get to know more places to get food then the get togethers and the dumpsters." He responded. He probably should make some work of getting to know the charity centers and all that. But new city new places and he was still adapting. "So it's christmas again." He wistfully said as he walked with gregory. "First one in a long while. I hope the food is as good as the things we had at the get together."

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

Gregory's grin fades and then disappears at his mention of passing time. "How long have you been back for?" he asks with some surprise. "Sorry, you know what, it be none of my business," he adds hastily, not wishing to seem rude. "Indeed, Christmas season comes once again. Bright lights and frigid weather, in California you'll find no better. But I've been here a month or two, you'll be on your feet when I be through."

The Gargoyle glances off into the distance where the lights of the Tower Bridge lies and gestures. "Best to gauge yourself by that landmark. Almost always visible, to know where the river lies and where its waters divide. Though best to know what side of the river you're on first."

To the north he points. "Loaves & Fishes be the closest one, and the VoA be another. They be all in one area generally, the shelters. A cot, an edible meal, and even showers and laundry services. But they be only open at certain times of the day or certain times of the week. Also a good place to get a bit of news about the city, whether by written word or by ear."

W
    Will

Philliph was slightly startled when he asked how long he had been back. Even a dullard like him knew exactly which back from he was talking about. He let out a small sigh of relief when he said he wasn't supposed to answer the question. Even the escape from his hell was hard to talk about. Even though some of the spring members he had known celebrated on that day. Maybe it would feel less sore as the years went by.

He smiled again when gregory offered his help getting around the city . "Thanks a lot for that."

Philliph listenend to Gregory's explanation of the city. Trying to memorize the parts. Just keep track of the bridge and the river. Luckily all the stuff for the homeless were around a single area. So that wouldn't be a lot to remember.

At the mention of a shower and a laundry service his grin went even wider. how long had it been that he had been able to wash himself that didn't involve cold river water of dubious cleanliness. "Showers.. cots, edible food. Sounds all pretty good. So which one are we going at? the Loaves and fishes one or the VoA one?"

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

"The Loaves & Fishes be my preferred spot. I've started to get to know those regulars there and I believe a charity service be run tonight for the holidays. It be worth a try to grab a meal," he explains simply, placing his hands in his pockets to warm them.

They might walk in silence a ways, their topics limited to small talk since they were still strangers to each other. "So, what brought you to this city, Philliph? A memory perhaps? Or an escape from one?" The question seems invasive, he realizes, but they would have little else to talk about otherwise aside from mundane matters of foodstuff.

Perception roll please

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

Perception, 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-16 08:41:23 Gregory rolls 6 to perceive his surroundings [WIT+COM] (10 Again) 3, 5, 9, 4, 10, 2, 2 2 successes

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread