Ended
Watch

First on the Scene

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Should I explain, or should you?" Avis asked, her eyes tracking from Jono back over to Asp.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus had never had much love for taxis. He barely even kept his own car maintained. Habits which interacted in interesting ways with the recent weather.

The shaman enters not long after Jonokuchi, but with a considerably less grand entrance. Beads of water cling to his skin, and drip from his hair and clothing. Giving a quick nod to the other three in question, he shakes himself out, much like a dog coming in from the rain, although with considerably less effectiveness.

It would seem the Sentinel puts even less stock in umbrellas than he does in transportation. Not that being soaked seems to bother him any.

A
    Asp

"Jonokuchi, hey," Asp said somberly, leading the way toward the front where the other Sentinel had entered. "I'll give 'em a quick brief to let them know where we're at, and then you'll probably want to tell them the whole story, but let's wait for Animus and explain this thing once so we're all on the same page." It wasn't long before the Thyrsus arrived, and Asp gave him a nod. "Animus. Thanks for coming so quick."

She slipped a hand into a pocket. "Here's the deal, guys. Striker attacked Avis. She got the best of him. He's unconscious but stable downstairs in one of the holding cells. I'll let Avis tell you the details, then we'll probably want to wake Striker up so we can let him know he's got the right to a Factotum and see if he's got any explanation for this."

She looked to her cabalmate, a silent signal that now was good.

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi glanced around and gave Animus a nod, respectfully, to his fellow Sentinel. Seeing Asp, he offered more of a smile.

It was instantly wiped from his face when the situation was explained. Eyes turned from Asp to Avis and then back.

A sigh. Heavy, weary.

"That would be sensible."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Well, it's basically like she said," Avis sighed. "Striker and I did our circuit, ya know, since we had a patrol tonight, and when we got back we started talking about our pasts. That went fine, but we ended up spiraling into another conversation, we both started yelling, and then Striker fucking attacked me. I told him to stop, but he wouldn't, so I cut him. Ya know, to let him know that I wasn't going to just get beaten, and I hoped that might convince him to calm the fuck down, but he didn't. He wouldn't stop, so I had to make him. I told his brain to shut down, and it did, but I started his heart again. I didn't want...at least, it wasn't my intent to kill him. I just wanted him to stop." Her voice wasn't even, but it was somewhat empty. Vacant, as though the emotion had drained away, or had been sealed away, her profanity being the only, lingering sign of the embers that burned in her.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small shudder at the thought of turning off a person's brain like a light switch. But ... anything to stop an aggressor, and if the alternative was cutting him open and waiting for him to pass out ...

The shaman nods once, still disquieted. "Then I think it's time to hear what he has to say. And ... if it becomes necessary later, I might be able to look back on the incident, with a strong enough sympathetic connection."

A
    Asp

Asp nodded. The plan seemed sensible, and the Sentinels needed to get to it. "All right. Councilor, if you could please stick around up here while we talk to him downstairs so that we can ask anything that arises from that conversation, that would be appreciated. We'll be getting back to you shortly... let's get to it, guys."

Obviously, the alleged victim being in the interview room didn't make any sense. All it would probably do is spark another outburst.

In The Basement, Moving It Along

Striker looked almost peaceful, lying in the bed in his coma. The bleeding from the cut on his torso from Avis's stabbing implement had been staunched, but it was plain that Asp hadn't had a chance to do a ton of clean-up on him. She'd called the other Sentinels quickly. She hadn't handcuffed him, but when they entered the room, she did close the door behind them. What was he going to do, make a run for it?

She'd brought a chair in with her, a little metal thing, and she placed it down across from the bed to plunk herself on it.

"I'll wake him up."

A loud whisper in High, and wounds began to close over...

"Take it easy, Striker. No need to get up right now," she said as he began to stir.

Striker heals 2L and is able to wake up. Teeramus - welcome to the scene!

-1M, healz
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-09 11:29:10 Asp rolls 9 to Healing Heart (GNO+Life+HS) (10 Again) 5, 9, 4, 5, 2, 5, 10, 3, 5, 2 2 successes

T

A quiet "hnnngggnnn" escaped the shaman's lips as his brain began to restore concious control of his body back to Striker. He took a shallow breath in, then out, followed by a deeper one. Then his eyelids snapped open and his eyes darted around the room while he lay unmoving. Avis? Where am I? Asp's voice reached him, reassuring him that there was no danger. Then the pain hit as his body reminded him how it had been ravaged. Jeez Avis, what'd you do to me mate? Another soft "grrrrrrnnnnnn" was uttered before he reached out to his watch tower to help take away the pain.

"Avis alright?" he muttered groggily as he started shifting his weight to roll onto his side and slowly sit up.

1 suxx Self Healing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-09 12:41:14 Striker rolls 4 to Gno+Lif (10 Again) 5, 8, 7, 3 1 success

A
    Asp

"She's fine, man. You just worry about you. You got hurt pretty bad."

She leaned forward slightly, her face neutral, professional.

"Striker, I gotta tell you, you're in Sentinel custody right now. You've got the right to talk to a Factotum, and you're in for breaking Protectorate by attacking Avis. You don't have to say anything to us if you don't want to, okay? We're just looking to try to get to the bottom of what happened, though, so if you want to talk, we're happy to." She looked up to Animus, secretly glad that Avis had explained the law earlier. While her instincts were pretty good, she really needed to do some studying... "Animus, you able to help him out there with those injuries?"

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi trailed behind the other two Sentinels, his feet and staff making heavy footfalls that was nothing compared to the weight on his mind. However, another

Consilium first. He was honour bound to do this.

Entering the room after Asp and Animus, Jonokuchi took up position at the closed door, looking closely at Striker, remaining silent. For now, he observed, he listened and, above all else, he did not judge.

That was not his place.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.