Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
Fogging the Senses

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Ah," Edwin said, raising his chin in understanding. "Gotcha. The Blood does take some getting used to, at least initially."

The Lord though back to those initial nights spent understanding and learning from Felicity, who had ensnared him with seduction and the bright lights of a big city. From there, she turned more to a mother-figure, the mother he had never known. He was lucky to have been Embraced by such a woman. The lessons he had learned would resound with him.

"We're a strange breed, wouldn't you agree," Edwin couldn't help but chuckle.
    Scenes

C
    Casitive

Perhaps so,” David replies in good hearted, if meekly delivered, agreement. The raised hand returns to his lap, meshing his fingers together as he makes a small inclination of his head towards the Acolyte. Silence blossoms between the pair as David's thoughts shoot back to a time in 1983. Only Johan has ever seen David's naked beast before the Shadows took even that insight into David Regan.

Understanding that was itself a quest in self-awareness.

How have you been? The Circle of the Crone has grown, I've noticed.” David offers congenially, considering the ring that rests again on his hand.

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Really?" Edwin said with notable surprise. "Truth be told, we've not gathered for a couple of months so I couldn't tell you how many members we have. Ever since the nasty business with Gunnar Haroldson." His eyes dropped from looking at David, lingering on the tattoos on the back of his hand, conflicting thoughts running wildly through his mind.

"It was necessary and we will grow stronger from it. Chris, that is, Hierophant Wooding, is a fine man. He will guide us through this storm."
    Scenes

C
    Casitive

“I suppose I am not the only one experiencing a Trial,” David says thoughtfully to Edwin. “That whole business happened mere nights after what happened to me.” Truth be told, he hoped Gunnar would do what Dillon refused to. So far from the epicenter, however, there wasn't even a chance for it.

A silent nod of encouragement escapes at the statement of Hierophant-Reeve Wooding leading the Acolytes through their Trial.

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Trials and tribulations. It seems we are destined to be barraged by both," Edwin said with a small smile, folding his arms and finally looking back up. He would never feel sorry for himself. That was beneath the Rotgrafen.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Edwin offered once more, not wishing to take up any more of David's time. He was a professional and had good work to be getting on with.
    Scenes

C
    Casitive

No,” David answers simply, though with that same pastoral quiet the Mortician is known for. “Right now, I have to collect the Guardians and shut-down my work-stations.” A quick gesture towards the four sons of Horus sitting at their corners of the room.

But, if something comes up later,” the Shadow offers, “I'll be sure to give you a call.

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin looks around, taking in the four statues, offering a grin. Deity worship seemed off for a man who was a member of the Ordo Dracul, at least from an outsider's perspective. Hearsay and rumour just couldn't make the connection to the Skaald.

"Thanks for the instruction," Edwin said pleasantly, offering a hand towards the Mekhet. "It has definitely helped the way I look at things, so long as it can fit in my hand!" A hearty, honest laugh, perhaps out of place in a mortuary. Then a thought struck.

"Hey, wanna get something to eat?" Edwin asked politely. He had been considering getting a bite before coming to meet with David but had decided to wait until his lesson had been had. However, going out with the Shadow may help his in his current...Trial. Tribulation. It wasn't exactly like he had an outgoing personality.

Dive straight back in, Edwin always said.

But then again, love. He'd rarely felt it.
    Scenes

Casitive do you want to wrap this up with your next post?

C
    Casitive

Quiet, reverent devotion imbues David's movements as he returns one of the four Sons of Horus to the center, setting it down on a table to take Edwin's hand. “It's no problem,” David responds and assures, “in time you won't even need to fit it in your hand.”

Edwin's question and invitation, however, makes David pause. Hunting, feeding, is something David prefers to do alone. An unconscious knowledge of his own patterns or a conscious knowledge of how the whole act makes the Mekhet feel, tugs at his thoughts.

“I'll have to take a raincheck on that,” the Shadow answers, as he seals the jars for transport. “But, I can walk with you for a little bit. If that is okay with you?”

Sounds good, thanks for the scene, Fornio!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread