Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(BN14) Oneiromancy Lessons

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Lynn Mills

Lynn stood up quietly and made her way over to where Maredruga stood. No bit of knowledge was ever wasted and this seemed like a skill well worth learning. Even if she wasn't entirely sure what it would involve.

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Gregory is next to approach, eyeing the slender Nightsinger with a curious air before resting his eyes on the gray figure with blown pupils. It is difficult to tell where the man is looking without whites in his eyes, an effect similar to wearing sunglasses perhaps.

"Greetings, Maredrauga , I be Gregory, a Courtless Gargoyle. Please treat us well tonight," he says with a simple grin and humble manners. To the woman he says, "And good evening to you, good lady." Gregory is anything but shy in his introduction. He may as well show good civility before they begin, rather than earn ire by ignoring pleasantries.

Lynn Mills

Lynn tipped her head and smiled in acknowledgement. "I'd be Lynn Mills, of the Spring Court. Good evening to you both."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Sam approaches quickly, giving a nod to the people present already. "Ah, hello. I'm, uh, I'm Sam. Samuel Gorgeo. This is where we go to learn the dream-fighting right?" He gave them a lopsided, nervous grin, his hands rushing to adjust his waistcoat and sleeves, before tugging a little on his tie. "I should have brought my, uh, sleep-suit. This thing's going to get really wrinkled."

Maredrauga paid them each a nod as the made there way up to him. "Good evenin'."

"I am Maredrauga and I will be leading the Oneiromancy sessions. We will begin with a short instruction and lead into a pledge to bind you to the dream I have crafted for the evening. You all should be perfectly safe."

Maredrauga glanced around to where others were funneling to and waited to see if anymore would show up before he began.

W
    Walker

Jeffrey came over to the growing group, smiling for the first time in a fair while, though it was likely a bit of a disturbing sight to see the light of the flames glint of his razored teeth. "Evening. I'm Jeffrey, of Autumn, and I'm fairly decent with Onieromancy myself, should you need any assistance." He said to Maredrauga; there was something about the eyes that made him like the man, those inky pools of night drawing a sense of kindred with his own violated sockets.

S
    Saeyer

Approaching the group of people accumulating around Maredrauga, Ava raised a hand in greeting. "Hey, folks." Shooting a warm smile to those she knew, the fish-toothed Nix registered a couple of unfamiliar faces in the form of a grey-skinned gargoyle and the man who had just introduced himself; she'd seen him before, at least, but that was about it. "I'm Ava. I can also offer some assistance, Maredrauga, if you decide you'd like it." The tone of her offer was light; she was quite happy to help, but if he was adamant about leading on his own she was also more than willing to be a bright-eyed student.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

In an attempt to appear self-confident, Lucy makes her way over to the Oneiromancy group with a few bigs steps. She has her sleeping pad with her - truly intimidating. 'Hey everyone.' She puts her hands on her hips. Then she observes those gathered around her.

It's a whole bunch of ill-looking folks, hunched and pale, with scarred faces and bad teeth. Wonderful. The only normal guy seems to be the center of attention. Naturally. 'I'm Lucy Morgan, please call me just Lucy. Onyx Courtier. Fiery temper, so don't send me too many nightmares all at once.' She says that with the nicest smile. Everything's alright now.

Even though she's already surrounded by them.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Daniel approached the group. he wondered briefly if this would be knowledge based of the lessons but he recalled hearing these were supposed to be practical lessons. So were the people before him going to be lying down to rest while the other groups traipsed into the Hedge and wove the ephemeral into Hedgespun form? His smile cocked a little to the side. A little funny to imagine the Oneironauts all sleep while others performed the hard labor. Still it was an important part of Changeling life. What he learned here could help not only him but others to uncover the dangers lurking in mankind's dreams.

"Hi, Daniel Leto. Here for the dream defense lessons," he said as way of introduction. He knew most there but a few he didn't recognize.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

"Dreams..."

"The most important lesson I can impart is that observation is paramount."

"While we have great control within the dreamscape, the most important thing to take away from all of this is that you look deeply into what is presented to you before trying to make any changes. Dreams can be laced with fate...Dreams can be laced with with the touch of fae...and keen observation is essentially the most potent offense and defense we can ever muster."

Maredrauga paused, casting a glance between Jeffry and Ava . "My companions may have more to add..." Maredrauga said with a nod of his head, as he was more than willing to let them add their own wisdom into the lesson.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread