Ended
Watch

(1411) Necromancers Anonymous

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    M
    Mace

Mace looked up at the Church Bishop had secured for the meeting. True to his word, the other Moros had prepared the space. It would give them room to talk, and had little chance of drawing a lot of attention. It was a good idea. And now that she'd burned off some of the anger post-Consilium, she could admit that, at least to herself. Whether she'd say as much to him remained to be seen.

Now or never. She walked up the stone steps towards the door. The sign on the side said "Closed Session." Well, I hope I'm in the right place then. Or this is going to get very awkward.

When she stepped inside and found the main room, her doubts vanished. The complete lack of religious symbols coupled with the black and grey decor sounded exactly like something Bishop would do. Four lamps stood, one in each corner, casting a soft light throughout the room. Enough to read by, but not painfully bright. She took a seat at the large round table in the middle of the room, and fished out the copies she'd been given of the Lex Magica. It would have to be discussed first, before any future plans were made.

She closed her eyes for a few breaths, trying to center herself. Now she just had to wait for the others to arrive.

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop sat on one of the chairs around the table in the centre, dressed in a suit fit for a funeral. He was mentally going over the preparations. Invitations had been sent to Crank ( FrereSebastian ), Mace ( liminal.shadow ) and his latest acquaintance, Pelican ( LoneRanger ).
    <We are awfully few these days. But then again, have there ever been any more of us?> he mused idly. The Moroi of Sacramento seemed to be a dying breed...which was pure bred irony, but accurate nonetheless.
    When the door opened, he rose from his chair.
    "Good evening, Mrs. Mace. Thank you for sending out the calls." he said, his posture relaxed and his tone easy. Even though he was ... dead serious.
    <Ha-frigging-ha.>
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

L
    LoneRanger

A person wearing black. Can be a CIA agent, a Blues brother fan, a man in black or going to a funeral for a friend. Ah yes Waiters do tend to wear in black.

So with my customary slow pace, I arrive to the adress indicated and I enter with no hurry, at a stable pace. Entering the room, I look around at the gathered people. A soft smile appears.

"Oh Garth, er Mr. Bishop, glad to see you."

There is sincerity in my words. A small pause. I turn to the lady in the room. The tone is a bit more formal, but the smile is friendly.

"Good evening, Ms. If I remember correctly, you are our Councilor. Pleased to meet you. I'm Pelican."

Three or four... It shouldn't be so interesting as the Consilium.

M
    Mace

"Please, just Mace is fine. Mrs. Mace was my mother," Mace said as the others joined her. The joke miiiight have revealed her nerves, but she couldn't worry about that, not now. "It's nice to meet you Pelican. I hope you'll forgive my abruptness, we have much to discuss. I don't believe anyone else has RSVP'd, so we should get started." She gave him a smile. "Your question actually raises the first point. I am not Councilor. I was a temporary measure. We need to discuss where we go from here." She looked from face to face. [color=#%363fc]"You saw how I handled the post. I'm willing to take feedback, but I have definite ideals that I won't compromise."[/color] She hesitated for a moment. "If you don't like how things were run, then your best bet is to take the spot yourself." She took a deep breath, and smiled. "I'd like to hear your thoughts."

Bishop

Bishop shrugged.
    "I don't see any problem, why you should not keep your provisional seat and move it up to the front table. It is more of a question if you yourself really want the job."
    He gestured around and encompassed the whole room.
    "I mean, look around. It is not, that we have a whole line of candidates just waiting to gain political power. Between the three of us, I think we can make it work. And quite frankly, you can decide that matter between Mr. Pelican and yourself, because I have no stomach for this. I cherish my external point of view far too much and I also work at a level, where being too far into the spotlight would actually keep me from doint my job."

L
    LoneRanger

I nod to the observation of Mace, with a pleasant smile. As I wait till Bishop talk, I start giving discreet looks. After the Guardian finishes his speech, well, I give a look on the left and the right, as to see if there is anyone around. A small joke to reduce tension. And to give the gathered a moment to collect what said so far. And to emphasise what Bishop said. Then I talk with a friendly tone.

"Ehm to be short, I am here, newly returned in Sac. And... I would have no previous experience on the Councillor field. So I thought, dear Mace, it would be between you and Mr. Bishop..."

A small pause. I clasp my hands together. And a gentle smile.

"So let me be a gentleman and offer you my congratulations. All the best. Feel assured the Lex Magica will be upheld."

A small bow as a sign of outdated courtesy or mock? The kindness of the gesture and the tone of the voice should remove any doubt.

"And if this is fixed, what else is in the platter?" Oh yes I've seen a nice pub if you want to join me later..."

M
    Mace

Mace took a deep breath. She'd been expecting that. She handed each of them a copy of the [url=http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Lex_Magica]Lex Magica[/color] her sister had given the Council. And now that meant her. She wasn't going to get used to that idea any time soon. Maybe she could stay in denial a bit longer. At least until the next Consilium meeting. That might just seal her fate. "Very well," she said. "Next order of business. As you know, Provost Pepper presented a proposed Lex Magica for the Consilium. The Council will be reviewing it, but we should discuss it too. Take some time to read it and give me your opinions." She hesitated a moment. "I'll take first impressions now, but I would encourage you to read it more thoroughly and contact me with your feedback."

Bishop

Bishop frowned ever so slightly. If Mace insisted on having a Provost, that meant he would probably have to step up. He had really hoped, that Pelican would take the job. It would have been good to have someone on the political board, that was not weighed down by order doctrine. Plus, he would be able to represent the apostate faction to a degree, even though he was technically only responsible for the Moros.
    <Doesn't matter, choice is made.> he thought, while leafing over the pages.
    It was the first time, that Bishop actually had a chance to see it. It felt infinitely more comfortable having something to grasp and work on rather than doing politics...and trials for that matter...on the base of the knowledge of a select few persons of the council.
    "You'll have my input by the end of the week." he stated, matter of factly. There was no need to get into lengthy discussions now, when nobody knew, what exactly was in there. Still, making sure wouldn't hurt, so he asked. "Have your read it already, councilor?"

L
    LoneRanger

I accept with a smile the Lex Magica and start giving it a decent look, as, apparently, there is a section which appears to be of my interest.

While continuining to read the Lex, I voice with as much

"I'll have a decent look, end of the week would be fine for me. What about Provost? If anybody has any objection, I'd be glad to give an help to you, councilor Mace."

Let's see the ripples in the water.

M
    Mace

Mace nodded as they both took the Lex. Taking a week was the smart way to approach it. "I appreciate that," she said. "I have in fact read it. And Pepper's talked to me about some of it. There are some aspects I have plans to discuss with the Council. I'd rather hear your unbiased opinions, but if you ask me after you've made your notes I'll be happy to tell you." When Pelican brought up the matter of Provost, she hesitated. "As you've both pointed out, there aren't many of us here at the moment. I would prefer to have you both support me. If it becomes critical to name a Provost, I will keep you in mind." She didn't know him, and it was increasingly clear that Bishop prefered to be in the shadows. She'd respect that.

"We'll have to talk about my ideas for our place here, but I think the first step might be getting to know each other a bit better. I'll start." She took a breath, debating what to say. "I'm Mace. Moros of the Adamantine Arrow. I'm a graduate student in Mechanical Engineering at UC Davis. I like to tinker with gadgets, pull them apart and see what makes them work. That tells you a lot of what you need to know about me." She smiled awkwardly, hoping that the others would follow her example, at least somewhat.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.