(Sacramento Noir) Femme Fatale

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

For reference and clarity, this occurs after the events of Mather Fields

The Citizen Hotel bought together the charm of the Old World with the rush and purpose of the New. The building's wonderfully appointed fixtures evoked a classic time, long past, when a hotel was meant to be lived in; a time when the wealthy intrigued over drinks in dark leather chairs and lacquered tables, amid the thick smoke of pipes and cigars; a time when men dared and women played dangerously. Nowadays the game had moved on, of course. Hotels were rest stops.

Except for the august personage who had rented out a complete floor... for her entourage, they said. It was a business delegation, they said. Rich foreigner, they said, just suck it up and appease her demands for she is a high roller...

The smokey atmosphere had gone, of course, but the dark lacquer and the tastefully dims lights remained, bathing the foyer in a homely glow. Outside the darkness was rendered harsh by the sharp contrast of the street lights. Cars whizzed passed; pedestrians ambled by, footfalls loud on the sidewalk. The slumbering cushion of the evoked atmosphere was lost tonight, however, by a throb of urgency that was building like static electricity. There were a few extra persons sitting in the comfy chairs this evening; sometimes they went up to the rented floor and sometimes they went out into the city.

Still - Chris Wooding had an appointment. Nefertiti Khan was a woman who upheld her obligations. And so he was expected.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Blush of Life active

Chris Wooding has an appointment, yes, there's no denying that. Because if only he could, he might have forgotten about all this. He is curious as always, and quite excited. But is also quite worried that this Nefertiti is very dangerous.

Though I have "survived" a dangerous situation or two, so there's no reason to be pessimistic.

So let's look at the bright side. Vivian York. He called the lovely Daeva if he should pick her up, to start working on their "couple" act. That shouldn't be too hard, and a lot of fun. It may even boost Chris' confidence a bit, something that he will need to face Nefertiti Khan and her magic.

Beside that he prepared quite well. He had a quick snack at the gas station, his weapons are well hidden, and he put on a nice blue suit for this social semi-formal occasion. The rest of his stuff is in a bag in the back of his car.

When he picked up Vivian, Chris was definitely looking boyish in his Mini Cooper, no suit can change that. Then the way to the Citizen Hotel was not too long, unfortunately.

'Here we are. This should be... interesting.' He gives Vivian a quick wink as he parks his car somewhere. Then, if she waits, he'll quickly walk around the car to open the door and let her out. Like the pagan gentleman he is.

And then he lost his knife to another dimension
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-05 20:45:03 Chris rolls 5 to Stre + Subt to feed (10 Again) 10, 9, 2, 8, 6, 3 3 successes
    2014-11-05 20:43:17 Chris rolls 7 to Touch of Shadow knife (10 Again) 10, 9, 6, 10, 10, 4, 10, 9, 2, 10, 9, 2 8 successes
    2014-11-05 20:42:59 Chris rolls 5 to Touch of Shadow katana (-2 for size) (10 Again) 10, 5, 7, 8, 5, 5 2 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

V
    Vivian York

It had to be blue…

And it was blue done right. Vivian had asked him to meet outside the front of a dowdy hotel in the CHG. She’d had a quick bite before hand, and then waited outside. The Daeva may have looked severely out of place. A little black dress, complete with steel heeled pumps. She’d thought of wearing red or gold, but eventually when it came to ‘work’ black was a choice color. It was less memorable. The gloves, long, black and soft leather with a touch of frill on the en, it finished her ensemble. Vivian’s hair was pinned up with two wooden black hair sticks, a simple accessory for her red hair tonight. Clarol must love her.

After she had been situated in his…Mini Cooper, Oh lord time for something classier. Vivian set an additional button clasped travel bag on the floor in the middle in the back seat. Since she wasn't aware of the security of the hotel, it would unfortunately remain there for now. Her purse sat neatly on her lap as they took off. “Dahling, you should have mentioned wearing blue. I could have worn matching shoes.” The Daeva winked, playfully pouting. She really didn’t care, but the banter was enjoyable. For all Chris knew, her additional bag was full of make up, hair accessories or other girly products. She also wore no perfume tonight. Needless to say, this was not her first show.

“Was Michael going to just arrive at some point? Or was he meeting us…. I imagine he’d like to be covert. Perhaps we should send him a text and hope he has it on vibrate.” Chuckling softly, she really hoped he was smart enough for at least that.

When they arrived, she waited until he opened the door. The Succubus would let him be as chivalrous as he wanted, far cry from the scoundrels of Toronto. “Interesting indeed.”

-1 Vitate Blush of Life

3 suxx nomming
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-05 22:09:48 Vivian Feed rolls 5 to Pres+Pers (10 Again) 2, 7, 8, 10, 5, 9 3 successes

stuff

PRE

Standing outside the Citizen Hotel, Michael looks professional - feels professional - in a black suit and black tie. A silenced Beretta M9 strapped to his ribs and hidden beneath his suit. His hair is gelled back. He looks every inch the profile of a bodyguard to some high-profile client. Only tonight he isn't guarding anyone; tonight he is simply looking out. Providing cover in case things go south. It isn't demeaning to him, as one might expect. He is content to be active again, doing what he knows he is more than capable of doing.

His hand strays to his pocket and pulls out his phone. Many people might use a watch to tell time, but Michael's phone is his timepiece, map, and lifeline. As he glances at the screen for maybe the fifth time in 20 minutes, a Mini Cooper drives by with a familiar figure in the driver seat. And another next to him. Michael smiles. Tonight, Erim will be a soldier. Not a barfly, a socialite, or an impromptu holy man. He will make use of the skills that Abgal chose him for. He pockets his phone again and straightens his jacket. I suppose I'll just wait for them to come to me.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Carry on, don't mind me As far as I can see you three are still outside. The funs within, you'll see

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

It feels good to drive Vivian somewhere, like a true fake couple. 'Sorry hun, you're right. Next time.' He returns the wink before getting more serious.

'I think....' meanwhile his eyes are opened, naturally, 'ah there you'll have him.'

The Hierophant would be quite chivalrous, offering his arm yet again to the beautiful Daeva. It went pretty well last time.

'Good evening Mr Travis.' He greets the man with a nod as they approach him. 'Are we ready to go inside then?'

If there's no other business, they could go inside and find their way to Ms Khan's room... or floor. There will probably be someone to help them once they go inside the Citizen Hotel.

To Michael: 'I suggest you'll "leave us" as soon as we're in an elevator?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

V
    Vivian York

Vivian took up the Mekhet’s arm in personal fashion, nearer than cordial as done with other men. The facade was on. Or was it really that, he called her ‘hun’ and that was very amusing. It was decades since she’d heard that.

“Quite right, dahling.” It was so easy to do this fake business of a couple thing. The other night after their initial meeting of Ms. Kahn had helped that. Inside, she snickered with delight at this whole thing. Still, she was on guard because of the uncertainty.

“Yes, good evening Mr. Travis.” Smiling to the other Shadow.

She had no other suggestions other than pausing a moment and hushing her voice. “Dahling, did you do that other thing I mentioned before, at the Lily?” Vivian paused a moment, because that was entirely vague. She didn’t know the Acolyte’s veiled words about any of these matters. “That oh, you know, bring the prophylactics from your Club.” A pause and a look of ‘what? closest thing I could think of’ a partial shrug and her free hand rubbed her gloved fingers together searching for words.

I should have asked this in the car. At she wasn't the least concerned that any passersby would assume they were about to have a threesome.

PRE

Michael offers one of his forced smiles. "Good evening to you both. You look good together." he says, because that is the most normal sounding thing he can think to say. Michael, once again, wonders how deep he could plummet into cliche. He mentally shakes it off and focuses back on his two companions. The Daeva was, at least, still on track and still looking to make some last minute preparations - without being overtly specific. Chris seems to want to part ways at the elevator. Michael agrees."I'll do that. I trust you'll be in 'touch'?" Michael taps his own temple with his finger once. Michael hopes they won't waste any more time, so he eagerly sets off to get the ball rolling.

Since they had arrived looking like an important couple, Michael assumes the body language of the bodyguard of an important couple. It was a tad conspicuous for his tastes, but their host this evening was ostentatious enough on her own. Only natural she would entertain for a certain caliber of personage. He walks to the front door to the hotel and holds the door for them both, gesturing with an open palm for them to pass him by on their way in. After they both come through, he steps around them and strides with purpose towards the elevator, not saying a word. Only after he hits the 'call' button and stands in his typical 'at-ease' stance does he acknowledge them again, with a nod that says 'ready when you are'.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The trio breeze through the foyer like they belong. For Michael, the undercurrent of tension is palpable and because of it the pinging elevator seems ominously loud. While the Shadow easily falls into his role, Chris and Vivian find a concierge flagging them down. Information is exchanged; a telephone call made.

"You can go right up. You are expected."

So far, so good. They pile into an opulent lift.

When they arrive on the correct floor, they find a hive of quiet activity: blinds have been drawn on all the windows; here and there, suited men stand with a dangerous ease. In the passageway before them, attendants are hauling up luggage as another guest checks in: a rail thin man in expensive, unkempt clothing. He's asking for the drinks, eyes dancing wildly. Muscling passed them is a tall, big boned woman with a round face scarred by a perpetual look of mourning; she wares a suit and carries a tablet; snaking wires plug her into her expensive smart phone.

"Good evening, Mister Wooding. Ms Khan is expecting you." A flick through her tablet device; eyes narrow slightly. "I was given to understand that there would only be yourself at this interview."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

As soon as they start walking through the hotel, the tension becomes more tangible. Suspense is rising, and Vivian suddenly mentions Crone Condoms. The Hierophant snorts, as it's an interesting way of putting things. He shakes his head then, 'I'm afraid it's not that simple. I may able to take some... short term preventive measures...? It unintentionally sounds like a question, since he's struggling with finding the right words.

But that's all he has to say about it. Hopefully they would just be talking tonight.

As soon as they make their way up to the right floor, Chris will suggest that Vivian and he close their eyes shortly so that Michael can easily hide himself from sight*, then they arrive.

Guards. So many guards. Awesome.

The Hierophant clears his throat, while keeping Vivian close. 'Good evening. That is correct, ma'am. I haven't been able to contact Ms Khan since we made our appointment. I had hoped that bringing my partner along wouldn't be a problem, since Miss York may be able to assist us in the matters to be discussed tonight.' He smiles nicely to the big boned woman.

Meanwhile, his eyes scan through the whole floor, for as far as he can see. The other guest is particularly interesting. Before his attention goes back to the woman with the tablet device, he tries to read the guest's aura. Would he be a potential ally? Someone who could cause trouble? Or the right distraction?

*right?

Aura perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-08 08:56:31 Chris rolls 6 to Wits + Emp + Auspex for Aura Perception -2 (nature) (10 Again) 3, 5, 6, 2, 5, 8 1 success

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread